New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Which scale did you buy, let us know what you think of it...
Thanks HR

I ended up spending more than I initially planned but I think I got a good scale. It is the AWS LB-501. It runs off of 4 AA batteries or an included AC adapter and included two 200g calibration weights. Its capacity is 500g in 1/100g increments.
Mixing was a breeze. I put the bottle on the scale when I powered it up so that it would zero the scale. After adding each ingredient I hit the tare button to zero again. In some reviews I heard that the scales would quickly power down but during my mixing it never powered down.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I posted a new version, V2.1.0.34 which adds a very basic calculator function. It is a straight up calculator with no ties back to existing recipes or ingredients. You plug in the values and it provides the results. There are 3 functions available:
  1. Calculate how much nicotine to add to increase the nicotine level of a juice or calculate how much PG/VG to add to reduce the nicotine level.
  2. Calculate how much of a flavor to add to increase the percentage of a flavor ingredient or calculate how much PG/VG to add to reduce the percentage of a flavor ingredient.
  3. Calculate how much PG or VG to add to change the PG/VG ratio of a juice.

Launch via the “Tools->Simple Calculator” menu item.

shynsly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Chicago
I have been using e juice me up since i have been doing DIY, and I am looking forward to start using this calculator now.
After looking at all the features you have and the simplicity of the interface it looks Fantastic! I will give you more input once i have used it.

Thank You Hotrod for all your hard work! Also Thanks to all who have provided input! :toast:

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I made a new version available for download, V2.1.0.35. It contains some minor changes, the most significant is the display in grams of the total weight of a recipe.

You will also notice 3 new zip files posted on the download site. The zip's contain juice files that can be opened by the calculator. They contain 100's of recipes available from some of the other calculators.

Juice Calculator from Google drive

Juice Calculator from Dropbox

Born2Hula

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Close to Philly, USA
I appreciate that. I'm brand new to DIY and so am not sure what I can contribute until I begin. My products are being delivered this week.

I'm playing with your calculator while waiting...
Being a total n00b, and not reading the correct things in the correct order, I of course ordered 50/50 nic at 36%.
I was curious how the nicotine might alter the 50/50 density.
I am also going to assume there has been some pre-dilution with H2O which also alters density.

It pays to read moar. Sooner.

However, by what I've read in this thread (I read all of it), I can easily edit my new 50/50 Nic ingredient I've just played with to alter/fix the density.
This really is a brilliant piece of work you've put together.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Make it easier to update to new versions. I did last night, and it erased all my recipes from previous version.

It didn't erase your recipes. The program remembers the last recipe file that you had opened and when you launch the program it opens it. When a new version is installed it "forgets" the last file that was opened and you must click File->open to open it for the first time. I am looking for a way to overcome this.
Your file is still there, you just need to open it.

I am also working on a "Live update" change but I have a major roadblock to overcome before I can make that available.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I'm really liking this last version! Thanks again for all your work, fantastic program! Any chance for an addition to the file maintenance that will combine multiple databases, and allow a choice to skip, or rename duplicate recipe names? it is much nicer/ I prefer to work with a single database.

Help me understand a little more. There are currently two ways to move recipes from one file to another, "Import from XML" and the "File Maintenance".
File Maintenance allows the dragging and dropping of recipes from one file to the other and only supports the dragging of a single recipe. It is assumed that you want it added to the destination file and if the recipe already exists in the destination file it will rename the new entry.
Import allows you to select and import one or more recipes from the source file into the currently opened file. And like File Maintenance, it will rename a recipe if it already exists.
Maybe on the import window I should add a checkbox that states "Skip duplicate recipes". If checked, the import would not import the recipes that would be duplicated (and renamed). Would that accomplish what you are asking for?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I appreciate that. I'm brand new to DIY and so am not sure what I can contribute until I begin. My products are being delivered this week.

I'm playing with your calculator while waiting...
Being a total n00b, and not reading the correct things in the correct order, I of course ordered 50/50 nic at 36%.
I was curious how the nicotine might alter the 50/50 density.
I am also going to assume there has been some pre-dilution with H2O which also alters density.

It pays to read moar. Sooner.

However, by what I've read in this thread (I read all of it), I can easily edit my new 50/50 Nic ingredient I've just played with to alter/fix the density.
This really is a brilliant piece of work you've put together.

You could use the calculator to alter the levels of your base nicotine or you could use your base as is and let the recipe tell you how to change your levels. You didn't state what the desired level of nicotine you want in your recipes but here are some examples of the levels you could reach with your 50/50 36mg nicotine base:

1. Max VG level assuming a desired 24mg juice with 20% PG flavoring would be 32/68, 68% VG.
2. Max VG level assuming a desired 12mg juice with 20% PG flavoring would be 26/74, 74% VG.
3. Max PG level assuming a desired 24mg juice with 20% PG flavoring would be 88/12, 88% PG.
4. Max PG level assuming a desired 12mg juice with 20% PG flavoring would be 94/6, 94% PG.

As you can see you do have a good range of PG/VG levels with the base nicotine that you purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread