Status
Not open for further replies.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
I uninstalled the version that I was using, installed V6.0.1.3 and then installed V6.0.2.3 and I still see the file that I had opened in the V6.0.1.3 version.

By chance was your previous version the "PortableSetup" and then you installed the normal setup (or vice versa)? That would trigger what you are seeing however your juice file should still be there. You would need to do a "File->Open" and navigate to the location of your file and select it.
My upgrade worked fine. Everything is there and working.

Reactions: Redbellie
I love this calculator. Thank you for taking the time to make it what it is. Been using it for 3 weeks now and it's been working perfectly. The update went as expected. I was just wondering if I could make a quick suggestion. Would it be possible to make the different frames of the recipe window resizable, or maybe add the ability to hide certain frames when they're not used? I would love to be able to see entire recipes without having to scroll.

You can grab any side or corner of the main program window and resize the whole thing. There are just no maximize or minimize buttons for some reason.
I just found this out the other day: if you go to the Tools menu, the very last item lets you enable the maximize/minimize bottons. But even when I maximize the window, if the recipe has more than 5 flavors I have to scroll through it. It would be nice to disable the Recipe Filter section since I never use it.

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
I agree, the Filter Recipes by could be a bit more compact. Combine the Available Inventory in the Drop down list and shift it left and up a little.
Move the Warnings to the top next to the filters area, this could be a scroll-able box about the size that the Filter Recipes box is now.

Make the Notes and Results collapsible.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
As for the upgrade, I'm currently using 6.0.1.5. Do I just install over it? Or do I need to uninstall/re-install?
You can install the new version over the old version. After you install the latest version all future versions can be installed using the auto-update feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
I just made V6.0.2.3 available. There is a new menu option available "Tools->Import recipes and ingredients from starter kit". When selected a recipe starter kit will be downloaded and a window will open giving you the option to import recipes and ingredients from the start kit.
The recipe items in the starter kit were provided by other users of the calculator and I added the ingredients provided by munchichee in the previous post.

Sweet! The newer flavors , but it's better than starting from scratch.
I just made V6.0.2.3 available. There is a new menu option available "Tools->Import recipes and ingredients from starter kit". When selected a recipe starter kit will be downloaded and a window will open giving you the option to import recipes and ingredients from the start kit.
The recipe items in the starter kit were provided by other users of the calculator and I added the ingredients provided by munchichee in the previous post.

Sweet! This software is above and beyond expectations! Couple of questions -

Would it be possible to sort flavors by manufacturer when importing this list? I'd rather not import flavors I'll never use, and alphabetically I have to scroll through and pick each one.

Is it possible to import excel files? Or save it as xml and import? I exported the entire flavor list to excel for editing, and was also able to import the starter kit xml to excel but not sure after that.

Also, when adding ingredients to the shopping list could you prevent it from adding duplicates? Also, the ability to sort the shopping list columns alphabetically and by manufacturer would be great too. I created some recipes I want to try, added ingredients to shopping list, unchecked what I didn't need, but ended up adding some flavors 2 or 3 times anyway. I'm assuming items are listed by the order which they were added, which is a pain to comb through for duplicates.

Thanks for all your help!

carrerag

Nov 23, 2015
Hi, I just upgraded from 6.0.2.2 to 6.0.2.3 and found that I get an unhandled exception when I try to add a manufacturer to an ingredient. It works fine if I reinstall 6.0.2.2. I'll try to add a screenshot.
Capture.PNG

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hi, I just upgraded from 6.0.2.2 to 6.0.2.3 and found that I get an unhandled exception when I try to add a manufacturer to an ingredient. It works fine if I reinstall 6.0.2.2. I'll try to add a screenshot.
View attachment 508586
I will investigate. Thanks for the screen shot, that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: carrerag

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Hi all,
I hope I'm not out of place here, but I am a stone-cold, brand-new, rookie to the Recipe Calculator. I just downloaded the V6.0.2.3 zip from Dropbox about two hours ago.
I was trying to use the "Tools" to import all my Juice Grinder files and ran into a snag. I started seeing this:
error.jpg

I tried to do my due diligence and searched this thread for "Juice Grinder" (two hits; not pertinent) and "grindx" and ".grndx" (both no hits). I also gave a quick read through all the included Dropbox texts to no avail. Didn't know where to try next so I am now asking for help.

I'm not sure if I am simply doing something wrong or, if the fact that JG has gone through at least 3 different file format changes (in the 6 months that I have been using it) and I have had to "convert" my files to the new format (though the format remains ".grindx") has something to do with it.

Thanks in advance for any help any can offer.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
View attachment 508586
Version 6.0.2.4 is available for download. It fixes the exception message that was being thrown when adding a new ingredient.

Reactions: IDJoel

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hi all,
I hope I'm not out of place here, but I am a stone-cold, brand-new, rookie to the Recipe Calculator. I just downloaded the V6.0.2.3 zip from Dropbox about two hours ago.
I was trying to use the "Tools" to import all my Juice Grinder files and ran into a snag. I started seeing this:
View attachment 508684

I tried to do my due diligence and searched this thread for "Juice Grinder" (two hits; not pertinent) and "grindx" and ".grndx" (both no hits). I also gave a quick read through all the included Dropbox texts to no avail. Didn't know where to try next so I am now asking for help.

I'm not sure if I am simply doing something wrong or, if the fact that JG has gone through at least 3 different file format changes (in the 6 months that I have been using it) and I have had to "convert" my files to the new format (though the format remains ".grindx") has something to do with it.

Thanks in advance for any help any can offer.
It appears that there were changes in the Juice Grinder application file and the calculator needs an update to support the new file format. I will address this later today.

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread