New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwbrint

May 26, 2012
Addison, TX
Hey guys...panic attack here! I went to open the calculator today.....and I can't. Sort of. I can double click on the icon, and the thumbnail will show at the bottom of the computer, and when I mouse over the thumbnail I can see a small image of the calcuator, but clicking on it to open it does nothing. Thoughts? My most prized recipes are in there and this is my all-time favorite calculator!

As simple as this sounds....reboot your computer. It sounds to me like the process is hung up and needs to be forced closed. You could also just open up Task Manager and close the process manually. When you restart the calculator it should work correctly. Just know that any unsaved work will be lost when you do this.

Tutor

Feb 19, 2011
Misery (Missouri)
I have a question about the tool for adjusting the flavor percentage on a recipe. As it stands in the calculator and using the tool, it wants to add pg (or vg) to the recipe to dilute it thus making the flavor percentage less. Is there a tool that would look at the current percents of the different ingredients and adjust them to meet the desired flavor percentage instead of just diluting the mix (including the nicotine)? This would make it so that the user could make the recipe using the correct amounts of achieve the flavor percentile they wanted once saved under a new name.

Dale.s

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Houston, Tx
I have a question about the tool for adjusting the flavor percentage on a recipe. As it stands in the calculator and using the tool, it wants to add pg (or vg) to the recipe to dilute it thus making the flavor percentage less. Is there a tool that would look at the current percents of the different ingredients and adjust them to meet the desired flavor percentage instead of just diluting the mix (including the nicotine)? This would make it so that the user could make the recipe using the correct amounts of achieve the flavor percentile they wanted once saved under a new name.

Hit edit->adjust total flavor percentage, that will change the amount of flavor but keep nic and vg/pg% the same

Reactions: Tutor

Tutor

Feb 19, 2011
Misery (Missouri)
Hit edit->adjust total flavor percentage, that will change the amount of flavor but keep nic and vg/pg% the same
Thanks Dale, hadn't noticed that before. Worked like a champ, I have a nice flavored peach/mango/melon recipe that is a bit too strong, but has a nice flavor profile that I wished to drop down a bit. I appreciate the assistance.

Dale.s

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Houston, Tx
Thanks Dale, hadn't noticed that before. Worked like a champ, I have a nice flavored peach/mango/melon recipe that is a bit too strong, but has a nice flavor profile that I wished to drop down a bit. I appreciate the assistance.
Not a problem i use that all the time, its so handy for tweaking the last little bit of perfect out of a recipe lol

Tutor

Feb 19, 2011
Misery (Missouri)
Is it possible for the program to keep a running tally of flavors purchased over time, this wouldn't need to be by date, just an additional column in the current inventory view that would add up over time to display what has been added to the inventory for that selection. This would allow for users to see what ingredients they use the most of?

MIssbehavn1

Feb 3, 2016
Where is the correct link to this calculator download? I was told on another forum to go to the last page, as there had been important updates since the original post. I've looked back several pages, but haven't seen anything. I thought it would be better to ask before I download the link on the first page, just to make sure that it is the correct link.

Thanks!

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
As simple as this sounds....reboot your computer. It sounds to me like the process is hung up and needs to be forced closed. You could also just open up Task Manager and close the process manually. When you restart the calculator it should work correctly. Just know that any unsaved work will be lost when you do this.

I tried. Thanks tho =( Looks like my CrapTop has failed me!

CMaxwell

Unresolved Status
Feb 5, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Oh man, this calculator is perfect! excellent job. I only have one request..

Installing on an Android Tablet!!!
Is there any way to run it on an android tablet?
CM

I agree that would be great but a whole rewrite of the program is probably never in the future.
For a workaround I first tried taking a photo of the screen of recipes and putting that on my ipod or android. Now I just prefer to print my favorite recipes to pdf and transfer them to where ever I want. I keep a copy of the database and all my recipe pdf's on my dropbox so they are available from my phone anywhere anytime.

Zazzer

Aug 6, 2014
Dundalk, MD, USA
I agree that would be great but a whole rewrite of the program is probably never in the future.
For a workaround I first tried taking a photo of the screen of recipes and putting that on my ipod or android. Now I just prefer to print my favorite recipes to pdf and transfer them to where ever I want. I keep a copy of the database and all my recipe pdf's on my dropbox so they are available from my phone anywhere anytime.
I thought that is what the PortableSetup.zip was for? I am not sure and would like to know what it is for. I would really like to have it on my Galaxy Note4. so I can add some recipes while I am out and about.

CMaxwell

Unresolved Status
Feb 5, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I tried. Thanks tho =( Looks like my CrapTop has failed me!
Are you still having this problem?

Here is something to try, I think it might resolve your problem.
Go to the directory "C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\EJuiceCalculator". Delete everything in this directory.

Note, if you can't find the directory listed above (it might be a hidden directory), launch the command prompt window and enter the following commands:

cd %LOCALAPPDATA%
cd ejuicecalculator

Make sure that you are in the ejuicecalculator directory and then enter:
del *

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I thought that is what the PortableSetup.zip was for? I am not sure and would like to know what it is for. I would really like to have it on my Galaxy Note4. so I can add some recipes while I am out and about.
The portablesetup installation can be used to install the calculator in a location such as DropBox, Google drive, or on a USB stick. This will then allow you to run the program from multiple PC's and have access to all of your files and settings on each of the PC's.

And yes, to create an Android version of the calculator would be a major effort.

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
Are you still having this problem?

Here is something to try, I think it might resolve your problem.
Go to the directory "C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\EJuiceCalculator". Delete everything in this directory.

Note, if you can't find the directory listed above (it might be a hidden directory), launch the command prompt window and enter the following commands:

cd %LOCALAPPDATA%
cd ejuicecalculator

Make sure that you are in the ejuicecalculator directory and then enter:
del *
I just posted asking for a new calc before i saw this lol. I have no idea how to do what you just said to do, exactly....but I did something along those lines and now I can finally open my calculator! Only bad thing is all my recipes are gone. But I will take it. I just needed to be able to access my calculator!

hanry177

Dec 12, 2014
The portablesetup installation can be used to install the calculator in a location such as DropBox, Google drive, or on a USB stick. This will then allow you to run the program from multiple PC's and have access to all of your files and settings on each of the PC's.

And yes, to create an Android version of the calculator would be a major effort.
Hi Rod, I been enjoy your calculator very much. It is the best out there. I am running into one problem. I have input 3 different VG on the ingredient. Now, I want to delete 2 of them but I keep getting an error "they are used on some of the recipes" even though I change it to the main VG. Can you tell me how to delete the VG that I don't need from the ingredient list. It seems no matter if I switch between the VG on the recipes. It doesn't update on the ingredient list.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Hi Rod, I been enjoy your calculator very much. It is the best out there. I am running into one problem. I have input 3 different VG on the ingredient. Now, I want to delete 2 of them but I keep getting an error "they are used on some of the recipes" even though I change it to the main VG. Can you tell me how to delete the VG that I don't need from the ingredient list. It seems no matter if I switch between the VG on the recipes. It doesn't update on the ingredient list.

You could Edit->Find and Replace Ingredients. There's a check box to 'delete find ingredient'. It will replace the old VG's with the new in the recipes and you should be set. I used this when I imported some recipes and they used different names for flavors.

Reactions: penguiness
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread