New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

PilotNY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Lascassas, Tn
Can somebody please explain to me how to add a recipe category? Love the calculator and mostly got the hang of it but cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Thank you.

If you are talking about the Category under the Recipe Name and next to the rating, just type in a category like Fruit, dessert, Coffee ect. It will save it when you save the recipe.

upload_2016-2-10_11-51-52.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-10_11-50-49.png
    upload_2016-2-10_11-50-49.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 32

hanry177

Dec 12, 2014
You could Edit->Find and Replace Ingredients. There's a check box to 'delete find ingredient'. It will replace the old VG's with the new in the recipes and you should be set. I used this when I imported some recipes and they used different names for flavors.
I tried to do this as well. But the VG doesn't show up on this list. I think it is because VG is shown as VGentry on the program and it doesn't let you edit it. I can't even remove it from the recipe to delete it.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
HotRod can you shard some light on this matter? How do I replace the VG with another VG. Or delete the old one that I don't use? I can't seem to find any work around to delete the old VG even I change it to new VG from the recipe. It still shows as if it is still used on the same recipe.
When you are in the ingredients window and select the VG entry to delete and click the delete button it should either delete it or tell you the name of the first recipe that is still referencing the ingredient. If that is not working for you I would be curious to find out why, would you email me a copy of your juice file so that I can investigate and see what might be going on.

Tutor

Feb 19, 2011
Misery (Missouri)
I have a question about the shopping list...
I have no problems adding items to the shopping list but the "Quantity" "Cost" "Total" settings are what I can't figure out. I want to place in the Quantity section the amount I wish to purchase (in ml) and into the Cost area the amount I am purchasing the item for, so if I add them to my inventory the amount on hand increases and the cost will be adjusted for when I mix.
As it stands right now I can put in a Quantity of "1" meaning I purchased 1 item (but not how much was in that item i.e. 15ml, 30ml etc) and I can put in a price so it totals up. But it isn't very helpful (unless I'm looking at this wrong) as it currently is.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
are suggestions for this calculator better to bring up in here or by email? I just sent one by email but in hindsight I am wondering if I should have put it in here?
I just responded to you email and you will find that the calculator will display inventory amounts on the recipe window by checking a box in the "Tools->Options", ingredient defaults. Place a check on the option labeled "Display inventory amounts".

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
I have a question about the shopping list...
I have no problems adding items to the shopping list but the "Quantity" "Cost" "Total" settings are what I can't figure out. I want to place in the Quantity section the amount I wish to purchase (in ml) and into the Cost area the amount I am purchasing the item for, so if I add them to my inventory the amount on hand increases and the cost will be adjusted for when I mix.
As it stands right now I can put in a Quantity of "1" meaning I purchased 1 item (but not how much was in that item i.e. 15ml, 30ml etc) and I can put in a price so it totals up. But it isn't very helpful (unless I'm looking at this wrong) as it currently is.
I attempted to make the shopping list work like most online shopping carts work. You specify the quantity and provide the price and it will calculate the total by multiplying the quantity by the price per item.

Tutor

Feb 19, 2011
Misery (Missouri)
I attempted to make the shopping list work like most online shopping carts work. You specify the quantity and provide the price and it will calculate the total by multiplying the quantity by the price per item.
The issue with that is, firstly I don't think most users know the quantity they are going to want prior to going to different vendors to see where they are going to get the best deal at the time (for the various sized products) and secondly they won't know what the price is going to be until, once again they are at the site and see what the product is selling for, at which time there isn't a need to start adding in those figures into the calculator... your already on the vendors site doing it.
If on the other hand the Quantity area allowed for the entering in of the volume that was being purchased and the cost area allowed for the price that is getting purchased for that item was used, I would think it would be able to be functional... of course maybe it is functional already but it seems as if your doubling what your already doing... placing a 1 in the Quantity and the cost of that 1 is pushed over to the total.
Something that might take a bit of work but would be nice is:
The drop down in the shopping list would allow for the different vendors prices to be shown in the fields. i.e. if I had placed a number of items on the shopping list and now wanted to do comparison pricing, I would use the drop down for say Bullcity next to the item (lets say CAP Sweet Strawberry)... in the quantity area I would put in 30ml and in the cost area (after going to their site and looking at it put in 5.30 (the cost for the 30ml of product) I would do that for each of the items I was planning on purchasing. Then I would go to another vendor like One Stop and again start going down my proposed list with One Stop selected in the dropdown... and be able to insert their pricing in the areas, then be able to toggle back and forth between the two to see which had a better deal for me.
A different use for the area may be that items placed on the list area populated in the quantity and price from what had been added from the last purchase (or most likely from what the user has used in the ingredient section of the calculator where you go in and place the price and amount to add into your inventory on the ingredient listing screen. So if you normally (or had previously) purchase that Sweet Strawberry from Bullcity at such and such price that area in the shopping list is already populated with that info.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
The issue with that is, firstly I don't think most users know the quantity they are going to want prior to going to different vendors to see where they are going to get the best deal at the time (for the various sized products) and secondly they won't know what the price is going to be until, once again they are at the site and see what the product is selling for, at which time there isn't a need to start adding in those figures into the calculator... your already on the vendors site doing it.
If on the other hand the Quantity area allowed for the entering in of the volume that was being purchased and the cost area allowed for the price that is getting purchased for that item was used, I would think it would be able to be functional... of course maybe it is functional already but it seems as if your doubling what your already doing... placing a 1 in the Quantity and the cost of that 1 is pushed over to the total.
Something that might take a bit of work but would be nice is:
The drop down in the shopping list would allow for the different vendors prices to be shown in the fields. i.e. if I had placed a number of items on the shopping list and now wanted to do comparison pricing, I would use the drop down for say Bullcity next to the item (lets say CAP Sweet Strawberry)... in the quantity area I would put in 30ml and in the cost area (after going to their site and looking at it put in 5.30 (the cost for the 30ml of product) I would do that for each of the items I was planning on purchasing. Then I would go to another vendor like One Stop and again start going down my proposed list with One Stop selected in the dropdown... and be able to insert their pricing in the areas, then be able to toggle back and forth between the two to see which had a better deal for me.
A different use for the area may be that items placed on the list area populated in the quantity and price from what had been added from the last purchase (or most likely from what the user has used in the ingredient section of the calculator where you go in and place the price and amount to add into your inventory on the ingredient listing screen. So if you normally (or had previously) purchase that Sweet Strawberry from Bullcity at such and such price that area in the shopping list is already populated with that info.

I like where you are going with this, but I personally think a separate app would be better for this. Then perhaps export to the calculator.

You can get to a point where an app grows into a huge behemoth of an application that keeps people away due to size (and the associated consumption of system resources that goes along with it).

Reactions: Elmasryahmed

JavaDan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Chesapeake Bay
Rod, here's another suggestion/desirement for you to consider reg advanced label printing. . . . .

Is it possible, in the Print defaults options screen, to add a radio button or checkbox that would allow the Line 4 date to be pulled from the recipe Last Made On date rather than always printing the current date of the printing?

I mix for 4 people. I sometimes mix throughout the week and label all the bottles on the weekend. I also would like to print all the labels for the bottles then. Unfortunately, it always uses the weekend date even though I may have made the bottles on various prior dates, sometimes 5 days ago. I have a workaround turning off the line 4 date value and manually entering the date into line 3. But this causes multiple edits to the label and then it has to be reset afterwards. It also means repeatedly re-inserting the labels sheet for each date.

A simple option to default to the last made date would be nice.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Rod, here's another suggestion/desirement for you to consider reg advanced label printing. . . . .

Is it possible, in the Print defaults options screen, to add a radio button or checkbox that would allow the Line 4 date to be pulled from the recipe Last Made On date rather than always printing the current date of the printing?

I mix for 4 people. I sometimes mix throughout the week and label all the bottles on the weekend. I also would like to print all the labels for the bottles then. Unfortunately, it always uses the weekend date even though I may have made the bottles on various prior dates, sometimes 5 days ago. I have a workaround turning off the line 4 date value and manually entering the date into line 3. But this causes multiple edits to the label and then it has to be reset afterwards. It also means repeatedly re-inserting the labels sheet for each date.

A simple option to default to the last made date would be nice.
I have made the change and I hope to make a new version available sometime this weekend.
When you are designing the label you will have an option to use either the current date or the last made date.

Reactions: JavaDan

bunnomatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Conway,SC
Another fantastic option with this calculator...Thank you! What I like as much is the different color font when a recipe doesn't have all the ingredients in stock. A lot of thought sure went into this calculator. Do you write programs for a living?
I just responded to you email and you will find that the calculator will display inventory amounts on the recipe window by checking a box in the "Tools->Options", ingredient defaults. Place a check on the option labeled "Display inventory amounts".

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Another fantastic option with this calculator...Thank you! What I like as much is the different color font when a recipe doesn't have all the ingredients in stock. A lot of thought sure went into this calculator. Do you write programs for a living?
Been a developer for 35 years or so, it's my job and hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elmasryahmed

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2014
Dubai, uae
Hey HotRod,
It's me again with one of my silly question, is there is a way to add a template for the label as I'm using (formtec 1065),
Also, have you been able to recreate the issue I've (quoted below).

Thanks

Dear Hotrod,
When I choose creat flavor base from recipe, the results of the flavor mix when added is not 100%, a 26.41% of PG must be added (total flavor in original recipe is 18.5%),
As I understand it, it should be 100% flavoring, am I doing something wrong!!!

Edit;
This issue only on v7, tried it on v6.0.3.7 works good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread