New Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanestone

Aug 21, 2013
Memphis, TN
I just received my 4th of July sale shipment (THANK YOU!!)

But I do have a complaint with the new child proof tops.

One bottle leaked(en route) and another the top came off as I was pulling it out of the bubble wrap (juice every where :oops: )

I applaud you for switching to child proof tops, but could you make that an option for people who want them? To me they do not fit as well and I would much prefer the old tops.

Thanks.

KGie

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Tampa, FL USA
I appreciate the sentiment behind switching to child-proof caps, but I agree, in my opinion they are wretched. There are no kids in this house, nor even anywhere nearby, and yet I have to put up with these fiddly, annoying caps. PLEASE make them an option. If you must, make them the default so you have to opt out, like with pharmacies, or offer regular caps in addition, just so you offer some way around them.

Thanks,

-Kevin

Last edited:

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI
I completely agree with this. Of the three bottles I've received with child-proof caps, two of them leaked quite a bit in the mail. While - as the father of a newborn son - I can appreciate the need for child-proof caps, it would be nice to have the option to go back to the old caps. I keep all of my juice in a cabinet that even my fiance can't reach, so it's unlikely that my son will be able to get at my juice for the next 10-15 years.

Sadly, I believe child-proof caps may be mandatory across the industry pretty soon. I've seen that notion flying around quite a bit in regards to the FDA proposed changes.

Glinda

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
United States
No kids in my home, so I'd love to see the new caps as optional as well. I didn't experience any leaks with my last shipment, but one of the bottle caps seems to be defective (won't screw back on properly since opening it). So that, plus what I've read here, is making me nervous about the condition my future orders will be in when I receive them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread