lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
all,
started off with a nitecore i2 but as i've got more mods i've gotten more cells (think there are now 10 18650s). obviously a charger that can only do 2 cells at a time can be limiting when there are 10 kicking around. enter the xtar VC4...
it's doing its job rather well.
what are you all using/recommending?
cheers.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
Love my VC4!

xtar.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
efest seeming popular. got a couple of their 18650 3000mah cells. haven't been terribly taken with them.
8 independent bays! won't be purchasing another for a while but that'll be on the list.

Efest batteries are rewraps of other makers batteries so you can never be sure what's under the hood, and are typically way overrated for current. No, you can't get 40A out of a 3,000 mAh battery.

Xtar is popular, and I use a Nitecore D4. Enough info on the screen for my needs, and handle just about any size battery I'm likely to need it for.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I still use my xtar sp2 when I need to charge really fast, it does 2amp. But only being a two bay charger I picked up a new charger, the liitokala 500. Both are great and I'm happy I got the liitokala because it's an analytical charger that does all the chemistries. So I'm set for chargers for now, until they come out with the next technological leap forward.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
always good to hear about new brands and what works for people.
interesting about the efest cells. knew there was something odd about them and hadn't bought any more.
a couple of fogstar 18650 3.7V 2500mah are getting delivered today. they receive good reviews...here in the UK at least (and they look great...though i guess with the majority of mods you're not getting to see them!).

Reactions: Letitia

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
interesting about the efest cells. knew there was something odd about them and hadn't bought any more.
a couple of fogstar 18650 3.7V 2500mah are getting delivered today. they receive good reviews...here in the UK at least (and they look great...though i guess with the majority of mods you're not getting to see them!).

Here's a list of batteries tested and recommended by Mooch, our battery guru. There are a few reliable UK dealers at the bottom.
Battery Chart.jpeg

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Here's a list of batteries tested and recommended by Mooch, our battery guru. There are a few reliable UK dealers at the bottom.
View attachment 691943
yeah, thanks. grabbed that a while back but it's handy to post it in any thread like this.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
I also went from the nitecore i2 to the xtar vc4 for that lovely screen and triple 18650 mod that I now rarely use. I gave my nitecore to a new vaper
i'm going to do the same after i'm sure that the VC4 is behaving itself fully. got a friend who's starting out vaping (though not yet off the smokes) and i've given him a mod, a couple of tanks and an 18650 along with some liquids.
and thanks to the mod who moved the thread to the correct section. oops on my part :rolleyes:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
A good rule of thumb is to use only authentic batteries by LG, Samsung, Sony, or Panasonic/Sanyo, bought from a trusted vendor. With a few exceptions, all others are rewraps of subpar batteries with exaggerated ratings.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread