New Chinese 50w box mod: Ace50 by SmokAce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appears as though Acesmok is about to release their own 50watt box mod, the Ace50.

1408938614.jpg
Working voltage DC 3V-6V
Wokring wattage 3w-50w
Thread 510
Resistance 0.3-3.3ohm
Battery: 18650 x1

Gotta say. It looks better than any of the others so far. It's basically a Hana, with a larger screen, and ....ier looking buttons.

Okay. So, right now we have:
Pioneer4You's IPV2 (sx330 v2) & IPV2s (sx330 v2s)
sigelei 50w (sx330 v2)
Cloupor T5 (custom chip)
Acesmok Ace50 (custom chip)

My question is, which of these Chinese 50's have the best specs on paper? I know that there's no use speculating about build quality, but based solely on the numbers given, which of these 4 would be the best for vaping at 50w?
I ask because I have no idea what the real world practical difference is between a mod that goes from 3w-50w (like the Ace), vs. 7w-50w (like the sx330's). Or, the voltage range difference between them.

Ideally, I would love it if the Ace50 was just as powerful/flexible as the sx330. As it not only looks 10x better than the IPV/Sigelei, but is also being sold below $90USD.

Last edited:

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
YiHi, the makers of the sx boards, have been at it for a while and they, as far as I know, build a good board. The one I am waiting for is the SX-330 V3 that is due out momentarily in the sigelei 100. The specs I have seen say that it will buck, lower, voltage so this is a more flexible board. It also goes to 100, although I have not gone above 30 yet. And the sigelei also sports dual 18650s for a longer vape time.

gn386

Verified Member
Aug 13, 2014
Richmond VA
2 Cents for what is worth. I came to the conclusion that I probably would never near the 100 watt mark I saved some dough and did the IPV v2 which has the SX350 chip. Picked it up at 105 which seem to be reasonable. They say it is upgradable but I have seen some that say it is not. If I need over the 50 watts that it pushes that will be time to go mech. Like I said 2 cents, feel it will work for me.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Love regulated hi amp mods, Can push builds to a consistent vape that would be a bit more hazardous by building lower ohms. My average vape is around 42-75 watts now, with a high of 115. Do have an S.Max, which I love and awaiting delivery of the Raptor. !00 is about my max, currently, I kind of whimp out past that:D I blew through the dna30 watt capable devices so fast, didn't even have time to build one before they were not used much anymore.

Thing about some high amp regulated mod's, they are best suited for sub ohm builds to get the max watts out, at 6 volts max, with a one ohm coil, 36 watts is the max it will put out, to get 50 watts, one must build at 0.72 ohms or lower.

example the Beast dual 26650 box, 5 volts max output, but like 42 amp capable, will put out 200 watts max, but to do so, build must be around 0.12 ohms.

With the advent of these high amp regulated, I've been building around 0.4 ohms, that way using a mech or regulated, can still get a decent 40 watt vape, or push it to 90 on the S.Max.

Boards that can boost the voltage to 8.3 volts, then builds don't have to be as precise or low, to hit the watts one wants to vape at. So makes sure the device you choose will deliver the watts you want for the ohm's you like to build at, otherwise it may not put out what you were expecting, or something like that:D

Yeh, I also posted in another Aussie forum. I'm not an AceSmok employee, lol. I'm just in the market for a 50w mod and wanted to get the low down ASAP...

I have zero interest in a 100w mod. As it needs 2 batteries to be efficient/make sense, making it just too large to be portable (for me). Also, I'll never need that much wattage.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    IMO: Waiting for a mod that has upgradeable firmware or jumping on one now seems to be the smart way to go, since there's always some issue with these new mods firmware gives us a way to have these problems corrected, like Cloupor's doing on 9/16 with their T5 correcting the device from shutting off by itself. So far the choices are limited but its just a matter of time before it's more available to all of us.

Unless your going to use your mod at home two batteries in the device is a must. With one battery mods your vaping at 20 watts your get around 150-300 puff before it needs to be changed/charged.

Last edited:

Sambuca

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    Albuquerque
    Appears as though Acesmok is about to release their own 50watt box mod, the Ace50.

View attachment 368084
    Working voltage DC 3V-6V
    Wokring wattage 3w-50w
    Thread 510
    Resistance 0.3-3.3ohm
    Battery: 18650 x1

Gotta say. It looks better than any of the others so far. It's basically a Hana, with a larger screen, and ....ier looking buttons.

Okay. So, right now we have:
    Pioneer4You's IPV2 (sx330 v2) & IPV2s (sx330 v2s)
    Sigelei 50w (sx330 v2)
    Cloupor T5 (custom chip)
    Acesmok Ace50 (custom chip)

My question is, which of these Chinese 50's have the best specs on paper? I know that there's no use speculating about build quality, but based solely on the numbers given, which of these 4 would be the best for vaping at 50w?
    I ask because I have no idea what the real world practical difference is between a mod that goes from 3w-50w (like the Ace), vs. 7w-50w (like the sx330's). Or, the voltage range difference between them.

Ideally, I would love it if the Ace50 was just as powerful/flexible as the sx330. As it not only looks 10x better than the IPV/Sigelei, but is also being sold below $90USD.

the Ace doesn't look all that bad. what have you heard on the chip?

Major911

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA
    I purchased an ace 50 yesterday as a replacement for my broken istick. All i can say is WOW! This is one well built device. Great finish, not slippery feels good in the hand. Rounded edges like the hanna. Battery dooris recessed under the top deck so there is no seam at the top for accidental juice intrusion. Battery fits very tight but since i charge with usb that is not a problem for me. Buttons are tactile and easy to press unlike those damn BB style buttons on the hanna. Up and down buttons are in a comfortable position below the fire button allowing for easy one handed adjustments. Nice screen on the front of the device instead of the side allows for easy view of settings. Screen sleeps after 15 seconds (a little quick for my liking). Fires immediately from sleep mode. No need to wake it up first. Authentic mod (not a clone) the device is original in design including the board. It was designed in italy and assembled in china. Has the usual cast of safety features with one nice addition. This board has a buck and boost circuit just like the sx350. It will regulate down below the battery voltage. I'm very satisfied with this device after 2 days of continuous use. The only thumbs down that I have with it is the 510. It is not spring loaded or adjustable but every atty and tank that i have put on it makes good connection and sits flush. If it had a fatdaddy 510 i would give this device a 10 out of 10.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... Has the usual cast of safety features with one nice addition. This board has a buck and boost circuit just like the sx350. It will regulate down below the battery voltage. I'm very satisfied with this device after 2 days of continuous use. The only thumbs down that I have with it is the 510. It is not spring loaded or adjustable but every atty and tank that i have put on it makes good connection and sits flush. If it had a fatdaddy 510 i would give this device a 10 out of 10.

Where did you get yours from?

Because the one I bought would Not do "Buck". And the Lowest it would fire is 7w.

Major911

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA
    Where did you get yours from?

Because the one I bought would Not do "Buck". And the Lowest it would fire is 7w.

Bought it in a little shop called ivape cafe in columbus, GA. contrary to the box and manual mine does only go as low as 7 watts not 3 but at a lower resistance build at 7 watts it did get down to 3 volts. Here is an excellent in depth review one of the best I've found.ACESMOK ACE50 Mod Review | Vaping Cheap

cmcshm

Moved On
    Dec 1, 2014
    floripa
    • Deleted by Robino1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread