Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Orrrrr will it be optional colors in this next release and that's why the restocking is taking so long, so they have a bunch of colors to sell..... Dun dun dunnnnnnn!!!

I think Brandon pretty much shot down the question of different colors in his VTTalk interview. It's been a while since that interview, so I don't recall if he completely shot it down or only said that he had no plans to right now, though

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Thanks. She has a lump that needs to be removed. Doc says they are usually benign, so it should be no biggie. Just expensive as vet trips usually are.

The kick is only $45, but the P+ is $170. I'd also have to buy some 18350's since I only have 14500's and 18650's now.

The lump was benign for anyone wondering the outcome. She's all healed up now. Still haven't bought a Kick though. All of my extra money has gone to purchasing tickets to LA Kings Stanley Cup playoff games.

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
if you have the extra dough, i agree, the provari is similar if you happen to always use the same Ohms attys and cartos. i feel like that's the main advantage of VW: if you tend to switch your heating elements a lot (and use ones with different Ohms), the darwin will push the same amount of watts giving you a consistent vaping experience. haha, it may be a hassle but there are a ton of Ohm calculators on the interwebs...

both devices have the absolute best electronics though, in my opinion.

supervape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Lansing,Michigan
Anyone else only get about 5-6 hours of battery life? Also if it is low on energy and I plug it in to charge or use as pass-through and when i press the button the screen flickers like its at the end of its battery but it confuses me when I hit the device's button while plugged into the wall wouldn't it take power from the wall not my depleted battery? even plugged in to the wall outlet it uses the battery and turns off and on as it dies.. also sometimes I have it set at 10.5 watts and it on it own goes between 10.4 then back to 10.5 back and fourth ... and when I put it under load the battery image goes down about half way.. is that because it takes power away from the LCD so that more power goes to the atty/carto? Cause after I let the button off the battery meter slowly goes back fuller... also I REALLY wish they would have made a symbol happen on the screen that tells it is charging as it does not do that and it is hard to tell if it is charging especially since all I have is the USB cord and so there is no light or anything ;(

Oh also it is the white screen one with the 3 click arm position is this the new one? Because they said the new one has a mid point on the dial that is 8.5 on the new model but my middle point is 8.4 which is the older one but I am confused as I have the other newer options but makes me curious if it is part old and part new since the difference is that .1 halfway mark info much appreciated!

(Sorry if this is wrong spot to post this if It is please kindly let me know and I will move it thanks!)

Super

Last edited:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
but it confuses me when I hit the device's button while plugged into the wall wouldn't it take power from the wall not my depleted battery?

The USB input is just for charging, it's not a "true" passthrough as it will still use the internal battery for vaping power while plugged in.

Can't comment on your short battery life, that would be something to ask Evolv directly, I think

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
You and I have the same problem.
We both need new batteries in our units.

Anyone else only get about 5-6 hours of battery life? Also if it is low on energy and I plug it in to charge or use as pass-through and when i press the button the screen flickers like its at the end of its battery but it confuses me when I hit the device's button while plugged into the wall wouldn't it take power from the wall not my depleted battery? even plugged in to the wall outlet it uses the battery and turns off and on as it dies.. also sometimes I have it set at 10.5 watts and it on it own goes between 10.4 then back to 10.5 back and fourth ... and when I put it under load the battery image goes down about half way.. is that because it takes power away from the LCD so that more power goes to the atty/carto? Cause after I let the button off the battery meter slowly goes back fuller... also I REALLY wish they would have made a symbol happen on the screen that tells it is charging as it does not do that and it is hard to tell if it is charging especially since all I have is the USB cord and so there is no light or anything ;(

Oh also it is the white screen one with the 3 click arm position is this the new one? Because they said the new one has a mid point on the dial that is 8.5 on the new model but my middle point is 8.4 which is the older one but I am confused as I have the other newer options but makes me curious if it is part old and part new since the difference is that .1 halfway mark info much appreciated!

(Sorry if this is wrong spot to post this if It is please kindly let me know and I will move it thanks!)

Super

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

Super

You need to charge the Darwin and should be using the PT option when that unit has charge,not when the Batts are run down, if not of course it may not be able to completely keep up with you if you chain vaping with an almost empty Batt especially if running an LR Atty drawing more Amps, so try charging the unit first, then use the PT Opt. The Batt symbol always moves when you hit the button and draw on the Batts as well. Also while charging the Batt symbol moves very slowly while its charging but it's hard to notice. As far as screen flicker goes it can happen if your not in one of the arms locked positions and power on/off when its at a certain position at times so try making sure its in one of those positive stop positions and that wont happen.

Charge time is always going to vary depending on what resistance Atty your running an how much your vaping of course but 5hrs seems light to me, Batts are probably ready for a new set.

I now also see you have an original version, you may want to ask Brandon how much to upgrade your unit for you to the newer Blue screen and other upgrades, it would be worth it to do when you send in your Darwin to him.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
yes, that would be the newer arm,,,, it can flicker though at times if not on a positive stop and power off and on, sorry I must have over looked that you had that. I would still ask Brandon to look over your unit for you when you send it in and make sure you have all the newest upgrades, and see if you cant get the newer Blue screen if you want it too. It's worth getting a total tune up and look over when you send it in, he is very fair about things when it comes to cost and has great customer service so look into that it's worth it. Same with the USB charging port if yours is lose, just have him go over the whole unit, well worth it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread