New Dicodes Dani Extreme V3 owner here, any tips & tricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered and waiting for delivery on a brand new Dicodes Dani Extreme V3 (Small-18350), and was wondering if there were any pointers I should know about before she arrives...

After doing hours upon hours upon hours... of research, watching reviews, and comparing tech specs, I felt like the Dani was the best fit for me.

I will RTFM until then, but besides that, maybe share some of your specific settings and why, some ways to keep her clean and shiny, and any other general tip & tricks you've picked up along the way?

The rta that's going on top is the Hussar RTA Micro tank if that helps with your input. By the way this forum is great~!

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
Just ordered and waiting for delivery on a brand new Dicodes Dani Extreme V3 (Small-18350), and was wondering if there were any pointers I should know about before she arrives...

After doing hours upon hours upon hours... of research, watching reviews, and comparing tech specs, I felt like the Dani was the best fit for me.

I will RTFM until then, but besides that, maybe share some of your specific settings and why, some ways to keep her clean and shiny, and any other general tip & tricks you've picked up along the way?

The RTA that's going on top is the Hussar RTA Micro Tank if that helps with your input. By the way this forum is great~!

I doubt that you will regret this decision. You seem to have prepared yourself well by watching the few reviews and instructional materials that are out there. That is what I did. After a couple of days of fuddling (fiddling and muddling) with the different menu approach, it all made perfect sense. The menu system is now natural and so easy to navigate. It gives you ultimate control if you so choose.

In my pre Dani Extreme V3 days, I kept trying to get enthusiastic about temp control on various devices. But I always felt it was waaay overrated, wibbley and inconsistent for my vape taste. I always went right back to ordinary wattage for a more reliable vape.

But the Dani Extreme does tc absolutely wonderfully! Especially with the Nife Resistherm wire. It has opened a marvelous new world of vaping delight for me. Everytime I hit that thing, all I can say is "Wow!" "Very nice!".

@Toots im glad I'm not alone on this path!

I did have a question, when they say to wrap the Resistherm, I'm supposing they don't mean as tight as a Clapton, correct?

The Facebook group has a member that swears by the resistherm twisted with a custom TQ setting instead of the stock NiFe30 setting. Have you tried that?

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA

I did have a question, when they say to wrap the Resistherm, I'm supposing they don't mean as tight as a Clapton, correct?

The Facebook group has a member that swears by the resistherm twisted with a custom TQ setting instead of the stock NiFe30 setting. Have you tried that?

I have been perfectly happy with a simple ordinary Nife coil wrap on it with the stock setting. I have not yet felt the need to venture further. For the present time, I cannot imagine my vape getting any better. If my giddiness subsides, I may experiment more.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England

If it's resistherm twisted with resistherm then TCR is same as for single strand! If its twisted with kanthal, its still the same (and there is no point anyway)! If its twisted with a different TC wire then first of all why would you want to do that, and secondly the effective TCR is anyone's guess..

Right before I was about to pull the trigger and order a spool of the Resistherm, I decided to go with Zivipf's NiFe48 in 27g.

This was after reading the last 25-30 pages of that long "TC beyond…" thread.

I figure 5 wraps will give me the low watt vape I'm looking for while still staying within my Heat-Flux target. (Thank you, steam-engine!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread