New Diyer need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remisdad

Feb 10, 2016
Ok so I got some of my flavors yesterday here's what I got they are all TFA except caramel by LA
Caramel
Wild blueberry
Strawberry ripe
Cheesecake graham crust
Ripe banana
Sweet cream

Any good suggestions?
Possibly a shake and vape recipe that I can do I am almost out of juice
emoji30.png
emoji30.png

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Ok so I got some of my flavors yesterday here's what I got they are all TFA
Caramel
Wild blueberry
Strawberry ripe
Cheesecake graham crust
Ripe banana
Sweet cream

Any good suggestions?
emoji30.png
emoji30.png
You can't turn yourself into chef vape in a couple of days even with other people's recipes. I make some unflaored mix then test a flavor by adding a low percent and judge my reaction. I want to know the least amount that works. My favorite mix is a single flavoring at just 1-2%. That's so little it only works in one of my rda's that's particularly sensitive to favor but I'm getting good taste and the non vapers around me say they cannot smell any flavoring AND, if there is leakage in my pocket, my clothing doesn't reek. Apparently taste buds increase or decrease sensitivity to adapt to flavor concentrations. I might not detect a low % flavoring at first but given some time my pallet adusts.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
It also depends on if you using a Tank or a dripper, as a tank needs thinner juice 50/50 or 70/30 and a dripper uses maxx VG no PG added. On 50/50 and 70/30 blends from TPA I use 10% flavor, for maxx VG I use 20%, but that also depends on the flavor as some are stronger than others.
I would do small tests say 10ml for your recipe batches using no nic, that way if it is crap you don't waste the nic. Use straight VG if your a dripper and 50/50 if your using a tank to test flavors out with.

Might try...
7% Strawberry ripe
2% Cheesecake graham crust
1% Sweet cream

Sounds good to me :)
Happy mixing!
Dan

Reactions: Hermit's Kid

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
It also depends on if you using a Tank or a dripper, as a tank needs thinner juice 50/50 or 70/30 and a dripper uses maxx VG no PG added. On 50/50 and 70/30 blends from TPA I use 10% flavor, for maxx VG I use 20%, but that also depends on the flavor as some are stronger than others.
I would do small tests say 10ml for your recipe batches using no nic, that way if it is crap you don't waste the nic. Use straight VG if your a dripper and 50/50 if your using a tank to test flavors out with.

Might try...
7% Strawberry ripe
2% Cheesecake graham crust
1% Sweet cream

Sounds good to me :)
Happy mixing!
Dan
I use only rda's and my DIY is 50/50. I might increase the amount of PG if that would decrease the amount of visible vapor. (What I care about is a descent throat hit. Everything else comes in second.)

Reactions: Rossum

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Any good suggestions?

Can use as a main/base flavor or single/standalone (would need a higher% flavor)'
Caramel -- Main or base ok In a mix, approx. 4%
Wild blueberry -- Main or base ok In a mix, approx. 5.5%
Strawberry ripe -- Main or base ok. In a mix, approx. 3%

Ripe banana -- Not to be used w/ plastic tanks. In a mix, approx. 3%.
---------------------------------------------------
Any of the above can be substituted for Strawberry ripe in Scubabatdan's recipe.
Cheesecake graham crust ----Pie type of flavor adder. I use this a an accent. Not a standalone single.

Sweet cream---goes good with mains, I use this a an accent. Not a standalone single.

Suggest next time you purchase only flavors listed in recipes you intend to make.

RonJS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
SW Chicagoland, IL
[quote name="RonJS" post=17342118]Anybody still have the link to that website that takes the flavors you have and calculates & provides recipes?

Ecf doesn't allow links to that site, but if you google "e liquid recipes" it should be the first one that shows up. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thanks, but that wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

I thought there was a site posted here in the past that you simply gave them the flavors you have and they gave you various complete recipes (with %'s of which of your flavors to use)

alexmot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2015
Louisiana, USA
Ecf doesn't allow links to that site, but if you google "e liquid recipes" it should be the first one that shows up. Good luck!

Thanks, but that wasn't exactly what I was looking for.

I thought there was a site posted here in the past that you simply gave them the flavors you have and they gave you various complete recipes (with %'s of which of your flavors to use)[/QUOTE]
That's the only one I'm aware of. You may need to sign up. You add flavors to your "flavor stash" then you can smash a "what can I make" button and it shows recipes you can make with what you have on hand. That, or "search by stash" and you can find recipes that use a specific flavor you like.

RonJS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
SW Chicagoland, IL
You may need to sign up. You add flavors to your "flavor stash" then you can smash a "what can I make" button and it shows recipes you can make with what you have on hand. That, or "search by stash" and you can find recipes that use a specific flavor you like.

That additional info did it!

One needs to create an Account. (I have not)

I have a recipe(s) in mind Before I order flavors.

The question of "what can I do with these flavors" comes up so often here that I was hoping the answer could be located in a Forum Sticky...;)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@RonJS - You could do what I did when I wanted to know what some additional recipes might be that I could make with flavorings I was ordering. I wrote my flavorings down and then pulled up Bill's Magic Vapors long list of recipes from dropbox. He has a Part 1 and a Part 2. I C&P both parts into Wordpad and then scanned through it all and highlighted any that could be made with my list of flavorings. If I found some that took maybe 1 more ingredient than was already on my list...I highlighted them, too, and just added the additional flavoring to my list. Saved the page as Recipes I Want to Make. Easy peasy to open back up later and go for it!

Reactions: RonJS

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
The question of "what can I do with these flavors" comes up so often here ....

This question comes up because folks anxious to mix juices look at vendor sites to pick out flavorings that sound good. As you said, a netter approach is to build a collection around highly-rated recipes that sound good. Then pick more recipes that use some of those flavorings and so on. As you discover how they combine and enhance one another, you'll be c'cooking up' your own concoctions in no time. Well, some time but it'll be worth it! :)

alexmot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2015
Louisiana, USA
That additional info did it!

One needs to create an Account. (I have not)

I have a recipe(s) in mind Before I order flavors.

The question of "what can I do with these flavors" comes up so often here that I was hoping the answer could be located in a Forum Sticky...;)

I'd be lost without ELR. Nearly every ADV I've had over the past year has been some version of something I found there.

The bad thing is having to weed through all of the "I just made a copy of someone else's recipe here and made it public. I'm now a DIY recipe superstar!" recipes. How many unique BroNut recipes can there possibly be that need to be published?!?!

Once you get the hang of it and zero in on the flavors you like, the "search by stash" is awesome for finding variations on that theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread