New dual 18650 controlled mod - the fourth dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
I'm looking for a new dual 18650 controlled mod and found many, but ...
... not all mods that I found advertise with the fourth dimension - the weight! I mean, 200g+ is way too heavy.

I already use eGo like batteries and single 18650 mods, but I want a new dual, that don't need any reinforcements of my pockets caused by the fourth dimension (weight) of the mod itself. I mean, 200g+ is to heavy.

I don't have many requirements for the electronics, just the basic security protection and Watt regulation.

Any ideas?

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
How about the Pico dual battery that's gotta be pretty light. Looks a bit odd though. Let us know what you decide.
Yes, I have a look at it, but ...
... it will look silly in a pocket :)
It looks like a perfect table mod - because of its dimensions, it will not tilt that easy on a table.

Reactions: DaveP

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I'm on my 3rd Alien since the 1st march. Really hoping the one I have now will last at least six months. We'll see I suppose. The one I'm using now is the older revision A which the store I got it from says should be ok as it has a different board to the revision b. It's the best mod I've ever had just unreliable. Not sure what I'll be buying next but won't be upgrading until the warranty has expired and the Alien dies. Hopefully at least a year from now. Happy vaping.

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I'm on my 3rd Alien since the 1st march. Really hoping the one I have now will last at least six months. We'll see I suppose. The one I'm using now is the older revision A which the store I got it from says should be ok as it has a different board to the revision b. It's the best mod I've ever had just unreliable. Not sure what I'll be buying next but won't be upgrading until the warranty has expired and the Alien dies. Hopefully at least a year from now. Happy vaping.
My current one is okay too, just hope it lasts longer than the others. It's opposite with me though, the version b is running without issues. The one I had before this doesn't even display owt, just a black screen but your right they do seem unreliable :(

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Is that the weight of the revenger with or without the batteries included?
FastTech says without batteries.

The Predator seems to have a really lousy 510. I don't know if they fixed the issue properly.

My Alien goes strong for 8 months now. Aside from some scratches I had no problems so far.

If you don't need the advertised 220 watts, the Sigelei Fuchai Plus or the Kaos Spectrum might be worth a look too. Due to its amplimit of 35a it will put out the 220 watts only at a resistance of around 0,2 ohms.

The new Smok GX2/4 might be worth a look too.

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
^ Yeah, I was going to suggest the GX 2/4 in 2-battery mode.

I always recommend trying to rotate if you go with cheap devices like the Alien, really any SMOK, eleaf, etc. I realize not everyone can do this and the point of going cheaper is to save money, but if you can afford two, do it so it's not your only mod. The only time I've ever had a cheap mod crap out under 6 months was when it was my only good device; since then they've all lasted at least a year with heavy, but not daily/constant, use. Just my $0.02.

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
^ Yeah, I was going to suggest the GX 2/4 in 2-battery mode.

I always recommend trying to rotate if you go with cheap devices like the Alien, really any SMOK, eleaf, etc. I realize not everyone can do this and the point of going cheaper is to save money, but if you can afford two, do it so it's not your only mod. The only time I've ever had a cheap mod crap out under 6 months was when it was my only good device; since then they've all lasted at least a year with heavy, but not daily/constant, use. Just my $0.02.
I agree I have like 12 mods in rotation, less chance of just one mod capping out. I get years out of them.
I've got an mvp2 a defender 36w a Kbox 70 an aspire CF sub ohm battery and they all still work perfectly ok. The only one I've had problems with is the Alien. Fantastic vape but won't be buying another one which is such a pity. Vape on and live long.
The cf sub ohm is cool, I have the Aspire k4. Not much different, comes with a cleito though :)

Reactions: ddirtyvapes

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
A few weeks ago I was looking for dual battery mods for out of the house carry. I've been carrying a little zipper case with a small juice bottle and an extra battery for my Pico 75W.

I ended up buying the Alien 220w and the Pico Dual. I like both, but the Alien is my new mod for away from home use. The Alien is flat sided and the batteries are in line instead of at a right angle to the atomizer like the triangular shape of the Pico Dual. Both it and the Pico Dual give me about 30 hours vaping, including the clock time for sleep. So, I'm getting about 24 vape hours out of either.

The Alien goes with me when I leave the house and the Pico Dual is my around the house mod, just to keep them evenly used. As someone uptopic said, the triangle shape of the Pico Dual keeps it from getting knocked over on a table when you reach for it and touch it with a finger before grasping it. Atomizers make these thing way too top heavy.

Tootle puffers will like the Pico Dual better than the Alien 220w because the Pico Dual goes from 1w to 200w in TC and Wattage modes. The Alien goes from 6W to 220W in wattage mode, but down stops at 15W in TC mode. For me, that's too hot and starves my Kayfun wicks. I don't need 1 watt for anything, but it's nice to be able to turn it down for a new wick and coil and back up to 10W or 12W when it breaks in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winblows

Mehmet Bizcanli

Apr 25, 2017
I'm looking for a new dual 18650 controlled mod and found many, but ...
... not all mods that I found advertise with the fourth dimension - the weight! I mean, 200g+ is way too heavy.

I already use eGo like batteries and single 18650 mods, but I want a new dual, that don't need any reinforcements of my pockets caused by the fourth dimension (weight) of the mod itself. I mean, 200g+ is to heavy.

I don't have many requirements for the electronics, just the basic security protection and Watt regulation.

Any ideas?

The Rebel Mod - YiHi 350j V2
68 gr.
with two batteries 161 gr.

IMG_0514.jpg IMG_0515.jpg

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
I already have a Wismec Noisy Cricket II (134g) and a Joyetech eVic VTC Dual (207g).
Adding 2x45g for the batteries ends up over 200g before I put the tank on the top.
So, when I leave home with my modest gear in my jacket pocket, I look like my shoulders are out of order.
I'd like to go below 200g with an approx. 2ml tank, if possible. That means a mod under 100g.
I like the weight of The Rebel Mod - YiHi 350j V2 @Mehmet Bizcanli, but I'll prefer something more flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread