New dual airflow subtank mini. 510 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony71688

Mar 30, 2015
Webster ma
Has anyone had to file down the 510 to get the center brass positive pin to protrude more? The fresh nickel occ I just rebuilt from my older subtank mini kept reading all wonky on my dna 40. Resistance was reading about .03 lower than what it normally does after the initial new coil up same down screen. So long story short I filed the 510 with a file then smoothed it out with 1000 grit sandpaper seems to be reading right now for now that is. Seems like this is an issue kanger needs to fix if it's not just me that had to do that

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
Had that happen with a DNA 40 mod. The copper pin in the base of the tank is floating. My problem was that it wasn't making good enough contact with the bottom of the RBA in the airflow collar. Pushed the pin and the problem was solved. What you're describing sounds more like it wasn't making contact with your mod or have I read it incorrectly? My mod's 510 connection is spring loaded. If it doesn't connect to the mod, I clean the threads and work the spring a little bit and the connection works (only had this happen once). Not had to file down the threads on the tank. Is your connection spring loaded, manually adjustable, or just fixed?

Anthony71688

Mar 30, 2015
Webster ma
Never heard of that...had to mess with the firing pin on mod...usually just give tank a little snug and fixes jumping up and down in ohms..but not too snug..but guess you will get better connection now if you filed down some of your base threads
It's been working fine since I did. The problem was the positive pin on the tank being almost too flush with the threads.

Anthony71688

Mar 30, 2015
Webster ma
Had that happen with a DNA 40 mod. The copper pin in the base of the tank is floating. My problem was that it wasn't making good enough contact with the bottom of the RBA in the airflow collar. Pushed the pin and the problem was solved. What you're describing sounds more like it wasn't making contact with your mod or have I read it incorrectly? My mod's 510 connection is spring loaded. If it doesn't connect to the mod, I clean the threads and work the spring a little bit and the connection works (only had this happen once). Not had to file down the threads on the tank. Is your connection spring loaded, manually adjustable, or just fixed?
I have a fat daddy vapes spring loaded 510 on a custom Hana style dna 40. The 510 was perfectly fine. The positive pin on the tank was almost flush with the threads so I had to file down the threads. Since I did that though it's been working just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread