Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
High end for everything!8-o

Point taken but I assure you, logistics and economics dictate price far more than greed. We've had seven shipments held for "review" and have yet to see them come through. (If and when) the political furor dies down in the US we will happily drop our prices. Until then it's simply a matter of protecting a fair margin.

joyetech can produce 600 510s a day and is backlogged with turnarounds of over a week since the Labor Week just ended. We have orders in for the next six weeks and will anxiously watch how many can be routed to the US and which have to be sent to other stores.

We're not profiteers and aren't selling grandstand seats for the "black helicopters on the horizon festival". Nothing would make me happier than to cut import costs, but even the staunchest US suppliers will watch their supplies dry up if they ignore the supply chain problems we all are experiencing.

I hope I am wrong and trust you'll call me on it when the whole FDA fiasco becomes a big nothing.

I'll even bust open the first bottle of 50ml - your choice of vintage.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
More of a question just about legality, and if you feel the need to delete this, go for it ...

But how are you able to set up an office in Mexico when Mexico has banned the sale of ECigs?

Either way, Good luck Webby!!! (be awesome if that is your real name ... haha)

Nah - As a Usenet Moderator in the 80's (misc.transport.air-industry.cargo), I live for honest discussion. Merida is a Free Trade Zone in the state of Yucatan. I used to fly CV340s in and watch Air Cuba planes offload cargo on the tarmac and reload it straight into American Airline flights headed to Miami.

Having an office there just facilitates moving cargo to friendlier destinations. :rolleyes:

"Webby" comes from being a web designer for many years. (thanks for not asking if I have webbed feet) I get a lot more flack for my real name. "Michal Douglas" is the result of an eastern european great-grandfather deep in a Scottish woodpile.

Legal issues and logistics will make or break the e-cig industry in the US. We look forwrd to being able to toss in our $0.02 on international freight forwarding topics in the ECF regardless of how the FDA deal plays out.

Hopefully, E-CigaretteSales.com will survive, but losing 60-70% of the current market will take most of the fun out of it. I got into selling e-cigs as a way of paying for my own supplies. As a businessman, I'd like to make a few dollars to keep it interesting, but it wouldn't break my heart if the regulations were dropped and PVs were available in WalMart.

jeannekhan

May 17, 2009
I found Webby in May, post tripping over this site. His products and prices are the best, imo. Have used Carlton Menthol 100s in a box for years; have smoked for longer than he has lived..;> The 510 starter kit had a pair of batteries, atomizers and a pack of cartridges plus choices for the menthol, nicotine level thereto and the charger which hangs from a plug in my bathroom. He provides a Base liquid which makes all the difference for the addicted to handling folks among us who want vapor and ease of use. I've bought more products and keep several 510s in my purse laying on their sides, ever ready for oral gratification vice a pacifier or thumb sucking as I curtailed analog cigarettes to more than half already and won the hearts of many who do not miss the stink of analogs burning in my ash tray as I write..;> Webby et al are the best because they are customer oriented and focused on getting the business going in a fair and sensible manner. I would invest if I could, but I just cashed in an IRA for solar panels made in America to stimulate our weak economy and stop the electric bills.
Enough already... Webby is the best of the bunch, imo. Yeah, team!

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
  • Deleted by Webby
  • Reason: Inflammatory Post

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
  • Deleted by Webby

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
  • Deleted by Webby

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
Perhaps, you just suck? The majority of the people on this forum are too well informed and experienced to buy that BS so why embarrass yourself trying to sell it? In my opinion, you're either a liar or a ......

I just got a interesting idea why that extremely annoying wwfjdraw has decided that the 501 is the perfect ecig. Notice that wetty, or whatever, posted on the same thread with his absurd claims as ww posts his ridiculous video.

Interesting!

Last edited:

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
  • Deleted by Webby

wwfjdraw

May 15, 2009
Everett WA
In regarding to the $20 higher than other vendors remarks:

What the person who made the $20 remark didn't mention was that webby/Michael Douglas sells 510 kits to ECF members for $49.95 when they use "ECF Discount" in the discount code.

As for the other products webby sells I can't vouch for yet as I have not tried them yet. But if/when I do get the chance I will keep you updated.

JerseyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
South Florida
Hello,

I have a question about the "Ultimate Gift Pack" listed on your website. It is currently priced at $180 - but has a 'List Price' of $250 - which includes the following:

• 1 - 510 Starter Kit
  • 1 - Car Charger Adaptor
  • 50 - cartridges in regular or light strength
  • 1 - 15ml bottle of E-Liquid (regular or light strength)
  • 5 - blank (empty) 510 cartridges
  • 1 - 510 e-cigarette case
I'm just wondering if you forgot to list something here?

Because I can buy a starter kit from The Widow with a car charger and 10ml of liquid for $55, including shipping. I could get 50 filled cartridges for another $50 (although who even uses prefilled cartridges, especially at low strength?) And a case would cost me under $5 (assuming I even need one after I buy a PCC).

So from what I can see, the value of the items you've listed is around $110 - certainly nowhere close to $250! I like the discount you offer to ECF members, but even then, this still seems ridiculously overpriced for what you're offering. Is it possible that you've forgotten to include some component of this kit on the website listing? Or is there some other reason why the price would be so high?

Thanks.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Why is that? Unless you think that $20 for 30 mls for PG (or VG) is over-priced? =)

There's a bookmark I need not make....

Ok, Ok....before I get listed as a "rogue capitalistic scum supplier" please let me try to clear the air and explain how we're a little different that most online-only resellers on this forum...

First - Jersey Girl, you're absolutely right. (Freehold, NJ native here) The site prices were set up when 510s were going at $79.95 (even online) and I need to update them. In my defense, my business partner passed away last month and I've been doing battle with his kids over what they envision is an internet "gold mine" I own other businesses and haven't had the time to update my pricing model to keep up with the rapidly changing landscape.

Second - Please understand that our primary business is in feeding retail tobacco outlets. I don't make apologies or excuses, it's just that if I sell 500, 510 kits to a tobacco chain and they mark them up to $79.95 (convenience has it's value) I can't very well sell them at cost +$10 on my site (especially since our labels list the E-CigaretteSales or ECS-Wholesale.com address)

I broke the cardinal rule by becoming active on a forum where users are as savvy as suppliers and resellers on cost issues. Of course, when you order a kit and it doesn't make it past customs, you're not out $5-10,000

As any of the other suppliers who own brick and morter or kiosk ops can attest, that leaves me walking a tightrope between keeping my wholesale customers happy and presenting a business face that avoids (gasp) providing proof that retailers operate on keystone pricing. I've tried to offer a 20% discount to ECF members in my sig file as a sign of good faith, but as you've pointed out - it's not always proportionate across the board. I'm not trying to mislead anyone, but business is business and these stores won't carry e-cigs if there isn't a profit margin of 100% in it for them. You take small businesses like us out of the picture and they'll carry nothing but Njoy and SE products - if anything at all.

How about this? I'll adjust the ECS pricing as much as I can without alienating my retail tobacco store chains. I'll also remove required login links to our REAL wholesale site - www.AmericasBestBuys.com

The new site will go live later this week. PLease take a look, I think you'll find it beats most of the supplier's sites and offers volume discounts. The site is geared toward tobacco chain outlet owners, but I'll even include a 10% discount (enter ECF) which should make our pricing model below 98% of the suppliers online.

Fair Enough?
Webby

JerseyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
South Florida
Wow - great response! I'll admit, I was prepared to not like you. :oops:

But you make a good point about the accessibility of quality ecig products to retail store buyers. I don't really want to pay more out of my own pocket to prevent retail buyers from falling for the Smoking Everywhere con - it's not my fault they're not savvy enough to shop online - but there is the bigger picture to consider. Reputation is important for a fledgling technology like this, and SE definitely shouldn't be the only option.

I applaud your efforts to adjust your pricing and make the potential customers on ECF happy. I've bookmarked the wholesale site you provided - now THOSE are good prices, and with a 10% discount you might just be my new supplier... :)

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Wow - great response! I'll admit, I was prepared to not like you. :oops:

But you make a good point about the accessibility of quality ecig products to retail store buyers. I don't really want to pay more out of my own pocket to prevent retail buyers from falling for the Smoking Everywhere con - it's not my fault they're not savvy enough to shop online - but there is the bigger picture to consider. Reputation is important for a fledgling technology like this, and SE definitely shouldn't be the only option.

I applaud your efforts to adjust your pricing and make the potential customers on ECF happy. I've bookmarked the wholesale site you provided - now THOSE are good prices, and with a 10% discount you might just be my new supplier... :)

Thanks JG :)

Praise is fantastic but criticism really doesn't break my heart. I'm a big boy and have learned far more from my failures than successes. You called me out on our pricing and I deserved it.

I tried to ride the fence and keep our brick-and-mortar tobacco retail stores happy by keeping prices too close to what they were charging retail. In reality, I was giving discounts right and left on the forum, but the word never got out fast enough.

No one ever contested our professionalism, only our prices. I'm trying to fix that with AmericasBestBuys.com.

I'll keep branding our products with the ECS-Wholesale.com label, but promote the real wholesale prices to my retailers (nudge-nudge wink-wink) and here on the forums. I'm not so greedy to want to trick customers into paying too much for these, but not so naive to be ignorant to the fact that retail convenience has it's price. I don't go into a 7-11 at 3:00 in the morning and ..... about why a loaf of bread costs three times as much as if I'd bought it at the grocery store - It's an impulse/convenience buy and the store owner has to cover his costs and make a profit too.

It might sound hypocritical, but business is business. Taking the time to learn about products and things you are interested in (and have a passion for) reap the rewards of that research. Your visitors (and those who read ECF) have made the effort toward deeper knowledge than the casual buyer. That, IMHO, makes them worthy of being considered an educated consumer and reaping those rewards (wholesale pricing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread