New: e-liquid preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
I am relatively new to vaping.. I'm trying to switch completely from cigarettes. I am looking to get some info on which e-liquid flavors I should try out. I have mostly just tried what friends have had around and suggested, but I am looking to get some suggestions from all of you.
What flavors did you start with?
What kinds of flavors are your favorites?
What are you vaping now?

Thanks!

Reactions: Opinionated

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Man, i have problems. Been vaping for a while, tried most of the favourites and making my own as well.

Got the last couple of spots on my face so I'm trying the 100% vg tobacco :(

Doesn't seem to be working...

My favourites are probably fruity vapes with no additional sugars.

colonelcolt

May 21, 2014
London UK
I am relatively new to vaping.. I'm trying to switch completely from cigarettes. I am looking to get some info on which e-liquid flavors I should try out. I have mostly just tried what friends have had around and suggested, but I am looking to get some suggestions from all of you.
What are you vaping now?

Thanks!
How it relates?
Why on Earth you think that something that is good for me is equally good for you in terms of flavour?
Flavour is so personal... If someone tell you they vape pancake with garlic flavoured liquids, will you rush to try this?

If you want to switch completely and feel something is missing- just increase the nic content.

Reactions: Marc_G

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Started on tobacco, still use tobacco a lot.
I like the sweet vapes when dripping; custards, bakery etc.
Often have fruity somewhere, more on the citrus side.
Today, I've been using Charlie's Chalk Dust for dripping.
Beware the fake premium liquids market - basically the greedy hardware companies pretending their $2 juice is $7.50. It never is. If you want the genuine premium stuff go for juice-only brands that don't sell overpriced batteries and tanks.
I can explain sometime.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I find I am very picky about flavors I like and really only vape maybe 7 to 10 different kinds that I stick with. I like some custards, creams, yogurt and cheesecake. I spent a lot of money on different kinds that sounded good but didn't care for. The flavors I do like I am also able to make my own so I'm in a fairly decent place with the choices I have found work for me. Your just going to have to try different kinds to see what works for you. :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
What are you vaping now?

Thanks!

Your e liquid depends on your own personal likes and dislikes - in all honesty. What others like doesn't really matter in this.

My husband can't stand fruity flavors or sweets, he wants a base tobacco flavor and found joy in a butter rum tobacco.

For my personal tastes I like desserts and pastry flavors.. nothing like an Apple pie flavor or a cinnamon roll or cheesecake to me..

Some people love the fruits, others the candy flavors..

So for you, it's a matter of where your personal preferences lie, because it's what will get YOU off the smokes. Once you know what flavors you might enjoy best, then we can help you with some choices of vendor - who makes the best highest quality of your particular flavors.

Then, you will have to play some with what pg and vg ratio works best both for you, and in your device. Many start with a 70vg/30pg ratio and adjust from there if it needs some adjusting.

Here are two vendors I like:

Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

ECBlend Flavors | E-Liquid | Vape & E-Cigarettes

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Marc
Most on-line juice suppliers mixing their own line of juices offer them in sample sizes of 5ml to 10ml's. On a ml by ml basis they are expensive but much, much cheaper than buying 60ml's of juice you don't like. My fav's are the fruit juices w/o much sweetness so I have to mix my own because all store bought stuff that I've tried always has way too much sweetness to it for me.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I began making my own e liquid about 9 months ago, I came across a post in here about tobacco flavors which I liked and found there are so many tobaccos I decided to just stick with them. I'd say the most important thing is to provide yourself with enough nicotine to stop any urges to smoke tobacco, I started at 18 mg nicotine and was able to get to 3 mg nicotine easily.
My favorite flavor is Turkish tobacco since it has the strongest tobacco flavor, I can turn down the temp to get a mellow flavor and go up in temp to get a really strong flavor.

Shoxvibe

May 30, 2017
Vancouver
What are you vaping now?

Thanks!

My first flavour was a banana bread/chocolate that the nice man at a local B&M gave me when I bought my first vape. I then received a sampler pack from a friend who didn't need it, containing flavours ranging from strawberry/cream to bourbon.

I don't think I've tried any flavours I've disliked yet, although I'm quite tolerant of everything when it comes to taste. However, I generally lean more toward tobacco bases like White Beard Tobacco by Velvet Cloud Vapor which is easily one of my favourites. They claim it's a RY4/Butterscotch/Custard/Tobacco but to me it tastes like a tobacco with grassy notes, and light vanilla/custard (I'm crazy for it so if any of you guys know of a recipe for it, I will love you forever).

Currently I'm alternating between raspberry doughnut/yogurt and a vanilla bourbon/tobacco.

My only advice for finding juices you would enjoy is to find some base(s) that you like (in my case, tobacco is one of them) and working around that :)

stamasd

May 31, 2017
I'm probably different from everyone here... I use completely unflavored juice, and I mix my own. I lost all sense of smell a number of years ago after an accident, and with the smell much of my taste went away too. Using flavors in my juice is a waste, so I don't use any. I do my own mix of 50/50 PG/VG with 25mg/ml nicotine. I buy my raw ingredients directly from a reputable online store; not sure if posting the name of it is against forum rules or not.

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
Man, i have problems. Been vaping for a while, tried most of the favourites and making my own as well.

Got the last couple of spots on my face so I'm trying the 100% vg tobacco :(

Doesn't seem to be working...

My favourites are probably fruity vapes with no additional sugars.
I have liked the tobacco based ones I've tried. I'm thinking of going 70% vg. Which tobacco ones have you liked? I haven't tried many fruity ones yet.

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
How it relates?
Why on Earth you think that something that is good for me is equally good for you in terms of flavour?
Flavour is so personal... If someone tell you they vape pancake with garlic flavoured liquids, will you rush to try this?

If you want to switch completely and feel something is missing- just increase the nic content.
I am thinking 70% vg to start.
I'm just looking for opinions and ones that might be popular with more experienced vapers. There are so many options out there, just trying to narrow it down.

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
Started on tobacco, still use tobacco a lot.
I like the sweet vapes when dripping; custards, bakery etc.
Often have fruity somewhere, more on the citrus side.
Today, I've been using Charlie's Chalk Dust for dripping.
Beware the fake premium liquids market - basically the greedy hardware companies pretending their $2 juice is $7.50. It never is. If you want the genuine premium stuff go for juice-only brands that don't sell overpriced batteries and tanks.
I can explain sometime.
I have liked the tobacco ones I've tried so far, so definitely going to get some of that. The fruit ones I tried weren't too sweet and were pretty good. Maybe I'll have to get some custard, bakery ones.. I'm not sure how much I'll like those.
Thanks for the heads up.. I will keep my eye out for fakes. Anything specific to look for?
There are so many options to choose from!

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
I find I am very picky about flavors I like and really only vape maybe 7 to 10 different kinds that I stick with. I like some custards, creams, yogurt and cheesecake. I spent a lot of money on different kinds that sounded good but didn't care for. The flavors I do like I am also able to make my own so I'm in a fairly decent place with the choices I have found work for me. Your just going to have to try different kinds to see what works for you. :)
A lot of them sound good! That's what I'm trying to avoid.. sounding good but not tasting good! Thanks!

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I have liked the tobacco based ones I've tried. I'm thinking of going 70% vg. Which tobacco ones have you liked? I haven't tried many fruity ones yet.

Tbh, I've had only one really nice one. I think that's villain vapors, Capone.
Other than that, I'm just trying a company here in the UK who do 100% vg and they're ok.
Most of the time it's Capella concentrates I use and then I mix my own. Apple pie atm.

I have really dulled taste buds and not much tastes very good to me :(

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
Your e liquid depends on your own personal likes and dislikes - in all honesty. What others like doesn't really matter in this.

My husband can't stand fruity flavors or sweets, he wants a base tobacco flavor and found joy in a butter rum tobacco.

For my personal tastes I like desserts and pastry flavors.. nothing like an Apple pie flavor or a cinnamon roll or cheesecake to me..

Some people love the fruits, others the candy flavors..

So for you, it's a matter of where your personal preferences lie, because it's what will get YOU off the smokes. Once you know what flavors you might enjoy best, then we can help you with some choices of vendor - who makes the best highest quality of your particular flavors.

Then, you will have to play some with what pg and vg ratio works best both for you, and in your device. Many start with a 70vg/30pg ratio and adjust from there if it needs some adjusting.

Here are two vendors I like:

Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

ECBlend Flavors | E-Liquid | Vape & E-Cigarettes
Thanks for the info!
I am trying to narrow it down from the many options for now. Definitely going to get some tobacco flavor. Maybe sample some citrus type flavor and a dessert kind.

I will start with 70% vg and adjust if needed, thanks!

Marc_G

May 30, 2017
Hi Marc
Most on-line juice suppliers mixing their own line of juices offer them in sample sizes of 5ml to 10ml's. On a ml by ml basis they are expensive but much, much cheaper than buying 60ml's of juice you don't like. My fav's are the fruit juices w/o much sweetness so I have to mix my own because all store bought stuff that I've tried always has way too much sweetness to it for me.
Samples would be nice! So many options online.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
A lot of them sound good! That's what I'm trying to avoid.. sounding good but not tasting good! Thanks!

If your considering a tobacco base, you may go for a net flavoring (natural extraction) . Nets are also pretty good at curbing any symptoms of withdrawal, so if you have a harder time putting down the smokes and making the switch, try a net tobacco flavor.

This place here is good for that:

Flavored N-E-T/"Hybrids"

Cigarette-style e-Liquids

You can also get 5ml samples to try out. Make sure you let it steep for a couple weeks after you get them in the mail, as they are mix to order..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread