New eGo Cartomizers @ Liberty Flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
THANKS ;)

I liked the original Steel. They we're shiny. But Joye has updated it to match the Control Unit.

Me too... of course the one battery I lost was my 1100mah ego. Somewhere near Lafayette Indiana... it was the pretty, shiny steel.

Now... go make sure that order I just completed gets out the door today ;) LOL

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
I tried the 2.0 version and really like the performance. Someone mentioned a burnt taste even when they are really saturated. This has been common for me with all smoktech cartos. If you over fill them, they get clogged somehow. I haven't been able to figure out how yet. But the draw gets tight and it tastes like your vaping dry filler material. It's really odd and frustrating. I've found that filling with a syringe until the filler looks wet and then drawing some juice back out until you get air in the syringe makes them work better than leaving them wet. But sometimes, once it gets flooded there is no saving the carto. I don't have an answer as to why this happens but hopefully that tip helps someone else. If anyone knows why this happens please share.

Here are my Pros and Cons for these cartos:

Pros:
Hold 3 ml of juice
Performs well when filled properly
Performs well even when low on juice
Great flavor, vapor and temperature (2.0)
Lasts a lot longer than standard size cartos (In my experience)

Cons:
Burnt taste when overfilled
Odd square mouth piece is uncomfortable and awkward at times
Mouth piece doesn't always fit correctly (too tight or too loose)
Lots of condensation build up inside and around the edge of mouth piece

As you can see, a lot of my cons are about the mouth piece. Maybe future versions will have a round tip more like the regular drip tip shape. (Hint hint for suggestions to the manufacturer) Regardless, the pros far outweigh the cons and these are some of the best cartos I have ever used.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I'll agree with all your "pros" for the most part on this. I have been using the EMSCCs 2ohm for a few months now...and I am extremely satisfied with them. I have not yet gotten a "dud". I never get a "burnt" taste...unless I let them get too dry...and there's always a warning off-taste so you can save the carto in time. The flavor is always good...I never have to let them sit and soak. I fill and go...even brand new...no problems. Probably about the cleanest best taste from a polyfill cartomizer that I've ever gotten...and I've tried probably all of them!

As for the "clogging" and "overfill" comments. I don't get that at all. There IS no "overfilling"....or at least not in a way that cannot be corrected. I use a device called a "Plunger" sometimes...which acts a bit like the condom method (injecting juice from the battery end) and routinely the juice eventually comes up through the tube when it's about full. No problem. I pull the syringe back to pull out the excess juice. If in doubt (and as a general rule anytime I fill..either with a syringe+needle or with the syringe+Plunger combo) I blow any possible excess out of the center tube into the juice bottle...or another bottle designated for that purpose if my juice bottle neck is too small. I wipe off the battery end...including the interior of the "skirt"...and I never have any issues. When the carto gets quite old and has been refilled dozens of times (literally)..yes the draw can get hard. It's getting clogged with residue. It happens. I put that one aside and will go to the next one. I plan to try cleaning the 3 clogged ones I've accumulated the past 3 months soon...see how it goes. Oh yeah...and another tip....wipe off the battery post on the battery too! And KEEP IT CLEAN!

I have gotten to where the Smoktech EMSCCs are about the only cartomizer I truly enjoy. I don't even use tanks or clearos at all anymore. I WILL put in the caveat that I use 85PG/15VG or 80PG/20VG juice....I don't use a lot of VG at all....don't really care for it (taste, texture, what it does to my sinuses and throat etc.) except for the boost in vapor production. A lot of VG might be causing your clogging issues...and thus the burnt taste thing.

Personally I am NOT a fan of round drip tips. I'll use my knucklehead one for my 3.7 Gripper...simply because it suits the form factor so well. But I far prefer the whistle tips. By a mile. It took a little adjustment to get used to the hard plastic on the EMSCCs....but now I prefer them to those awful tasting rubber ones elsewhere. I'll pull those off my EMDCCs when I get them and replace them with the plastic ones from my EMSCCs!! They'd better NOT change that on me! lol! I'd be very unhappy!!!!

Last edited:

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
The clogging burnt taste issue has happened to me many times with different varieties of smoktech cartos. Most commonly, the standard size dual coil cartos. On those, I had some that clogged on the first or second fill and couldn't be saved. I gave up on those because of that. With the ego cartos I have only had the issue twice and both times I was able to save the carto by removing juice and letting it sit for a while. I have been able to save some of the standard size single coil cartos the same way. That makes me think that there is an area inside the carto that can get flooded somehow. I'm not sure why it happens but it is annoying when it does.

I mostly use 80/20 and 70/30 PG/VG juices so it isn't the juice being too thick. I do have some 50/50 juices but they are pretty thin regardless. I use ego, riva and trex batteries that I have gotten from LF. No mods or high voltage devices.

Anyway, these ego cartos are great. I just ordered more and 2 of the round drip tips to go with them.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
OK... new record for sure... San Diego PO on Friday, here in Northeast Tennessee on Monday? WTG USPO! Thanks again, again Ty!!!!

You are so lucky! I ordered Friday, too...around the same time, I think, and got my shipping confirm and tracking that same day. Was all excited because, based on past experience with LF and USPS, I was pretty sure my stuff would be here by Monday. It wasn't...and what has me worried is that my package tracker app can't find the tracking number...so I don't know what the status is.

Never got any notifications it made it to the San Diego PO...and no further word about anything. All the trackers I've tried say "cannot be tracked" or "invalid tracking number" Ack!!

Last edited:

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
You are so lucky! I ordered Friday, too...around the same time, I think, and got my shipping confirm and tracking that same day. Was all excited because, based on past experience with LF and USPS, I was pretty sure my stuff would be here by Monday. It wasn't...and what has me worried is that my package tracker app can't find the tracking number...so I don't know what the status is.

Never got any notifications it made it to the San Diego PO...and no further word about anything. All the trackers I've tried say "cannot be tracked" or "invalid tracking number" Ack!!

I've had those things happen too - a lot! Usually showed up and THEN USPS tracker says, oh yeah - here's your package status... d'oh! Will cross my fingers for ya!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
:rickroll:Oh good...I just heard from LF. Seems my package was packed up Friday..and ready to go, but USPS didn't actually pick it up until yesterday. So, theoretically, it's really on it's way now! Tony was a sweetheart to answer my frantic email so fast!! Great CS there at Liberty Flights!! Hard to beat!

Last edited:

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Wow! Lots of chatter since my last pop-in!

I do the same thing Fourthrok does... I over fill my carto's, then suck the excess back into the syringe, until the top of the filler has no liquid pooled on top. I usally fill up 5 at a time (for regular 510s). Once I've used one for an hour or so, I give it a first top off, just in case for some reason it wasn't full from the get go. Then just normal topping off from there. I don't worry about getting x amount of days use from a carto. If it tastes good, I vape it. If not, I toss it. With the larger eGo cartos, I tend to lose track of how long I've been using them. :p

TypeOholic -
Cons:
Burnt taste when overfilled

Any carto will suffer in performance if filled over capacity. I've never noticed this to be detrimental though. If I don't have a syringe handy, I'll just blow the juice out onto a napkin. Wipe everything off really good, and i'm set. Fourthrok is right about keeping connections clean. The better you treat your device, the better it'll treat you ;)

Fourthrok -
Oh good...I just heard from LF. Seems my package was packed up Friday..and ready to go, but USPS didn't actually pick it up until yesterday. So, theoretically, it's really on it's way now! Tony was a sweetheart to answer my frantic email so fast!! Great CS there at Liberty Flights!! Hard to beat!

I'm sorry about that. I took a handful of packages when we left. Seems like the random straggler is inevitable :/ It should arrive soon.

Also... Just so everyone is clear, if you have the need for an order to be expedited, please let us know via email or phone, as we are happy to oblige. We will not see Order Notes until it comes time to pack that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread