New eGo-W's - am I just unlucky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishes

Nov 23, 2011
Wales
Hi All,
Trying to give up on the analogues. Tried ecigs firstly about 4 yrs ago - just the 'normal' ciggie looking basic ones. Thought it was time to try again so after buying the 'normal' ones off a market stall decided to look for something better.

Settled on eGo-W, bought off Alibaba. They arrived Saturday (4 of them) as this time I'm serious. Got the 1100 batteries as wanted something that was going to last me lots more time than the 20-30mins or so the basic ones last.

OK charged 2 batteries up for 8hrs. Couldn't get the one cartomiser (or whatever you call it - tankomiser?) to do anything, tried on another cartomiser and was rewarded by the best vape I could have imagined. I thought it was wonderful until 15mins later the battery failed. Put the 2nd battery on and 15mins later this died on me. Recharged the batteries for another hour (as in booklet) again they failed after about 15min. Charger quickly went from red to green. OK I have 2 more 1100 batteries so charged these overnight. First one I used on the dead cartomiser - still no joy so put on the one I'd been using. To my horror this one only lasted 15-20mins again. Tried the last battery and it lasted 5-6hrs.

Thought I'd better try with the other cartomisers, just to make sure they were OK. One cartomiser gave up the ghost after about an hour, nothing happens just like the first dead one. The fourth one was working great until I realised I'd managed to smoke 2ml (or whatever they hold). Went to fill it as loved the cherry liquid it contained but found I probably hadn't used it all as I was quickly covered in e liquid as it had numerous small cracks.

4 cartomisers/tankomisers, 4 batteries in 3 days I now have :-
3 batteries that run for about 20mins, 1 battery lasts about 5-6hrs
2 dead cartomisers, 1 leaking cartomiser, 1 working cartomiser.

I've been in touch with the Chinese supplier who says they'll send me out 3 new batteries & cartomisers. As I don't want to be without a working ecig can anyone make any suggestions as to what I can do to possibly help the batteries/cartomisers work again?

Failing that can anyone suggest a good tank system that will fit on this that I can get quickly? I think I can work around the batteries for the moment by making sure I charge them all up. Thinking of putting tape around the leaking cartomiser to see if I can prolong that one.

Has anyone else had this much bad luck? Did I get a bad batch?

I'd like to vape primarily VG as PG makes me hoarse. I think it's the act of smoking I need more than the Nicotine. If anyone can tell me where I can get a good Cherry flavour to go with the VG I'd be grateful.

Not having too much luck as the chemist I went to to ask for syringes would only sell me 0.5ml diabetic syringes. The needle is so small that even VG diluted from 10ml to 15ml with water,flavour & alcohol it won't suck up the needle. :blush:

Can anyone suggest a reliable preferably tank system that will work well with a high concentration of VG?

I'd REALLY appreciate any help you can offer as I KNOW I can give up by vapeing. I've only had 3 cigs (normally smoke 20 rollies a day) since Saturday and I can honestly say I preferred vapeing to them.

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
hi wishes & welcome to ECF:)..sometimes we need time & practice on our gadget to make it perform right..i always rely on watching reviews on the product...i soon will have the same unit like yrs(stalking the mailman,anyday now should receive it)..anyway i post this video eGo-w demo..yr dead batteries maybe due to malfunction..could be the contact pin..try and see if praising a little on yr battery stem can make it work again..dont throw away just yet..could be other reasons yr batteries is not working right..anyway watch the demo..u might learn from it..hope all will be sorted out and U will get vaping again..regards mafig

Super%202600mAh%20Battery_03.jpg

Last edited:

Olef

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
UK
You can give up by vaping, I smoked for 37 years and I did. I feel for you, must be very frustrated. Your only mistake IMHO is buying via Alibaba... quickest way to get junk. Use a reputable UK supplier and your experience will be totally different. Go to liberty-flights.co.uk or cloud9vaping.co.uk. Both are top notch suppliers, will ship fast and sell you quality product. About the best prices I've found too (not as good as Alibaba but we're talking about stuff that actually works and you can get next day). Good luck, hope that helps.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Def agree with olef, Alibaba has alot of crappy stuff. Id recommend not ordering stuff from China. Like Olef said, sometimes you can get lucky and get something that works fine, but theres also a good chance youll get a piece of crap. Their QC is def not the same. While LibertyFlights might be alittle more expensive, its also a much better quality.
Diabetic syringes will not work so dont even try. Their not even close to the gauge that you need for VG.
You can get syringes off LiberyFlights that will work well. If you using it for VG juices, I wouldnt get higher than a 18 gauge or youll have trouble sucking it up. I use a 16 or 14 gauge for my thick juices and it works well

As far as a tank for VG, your going to have a tough time with that. Generally VG does not work well in tanks and I dont recommend using a tank with a thick juice and high VG content because it wont wick well. If its a thinner VG juice you might be able to use a tank, but I def wouldnt chainvape or your going to singe the wick.

Goodluck and I hope everything works out and you have some better luck!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You need to never screw anything in further than necessary to connect electrically and work. That includes cartos. atomizers, chargers. Screwing stuff in further can depress the center post of the battery.

Also always wipe dry the threaded end of the battery before putting it on the charger.

Since we don't know the electrical polarity of your Ego-W's charger, any other batteries you get would require they own charger cable. try Liberty-Flights.co.uk - they should have Ego batteries and Boge cartomizers. their US shop is one of our best US shops - they call things by their real names, have true descriptions and state their warranties.

Wishes

Nov 23, 2011
Wales
Thanks all. Told you all I was a newbie to this. LOVE the tank system BUT my remaining working one has now split - held together by selotape at the moment.

Didn't understand the Boge cartomisers initially (just saw pics with 2 plastic enclosed ends) :confused: wondered how they would fit in mine. I'm going to be ordering some later today to try - where is best place in UK pricewise to buy?

Batteries - played around with them and now have 2 that work for a few hours. Other 2 give up after about 10mins.

Going to play around with the VG and flavours myself. Anyone know how much is MAX amount of water you can use to thin down 10ml? Mine seems pretty thick still with 1ml flavour, 2 ml vodka & 2 ml water. 10ml expanded to 15ml.

DO like the tank system so am toying with the idea of getting the Ego-C system. Any better suggestions anyone for a tank type system? Thanks again

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
Going to play around with the VG and flavours myself. Anyone know how much is MAX amount of water you can use to thin down 10ml? Mine seems pretty thick still with 1ml flavour, 2 ml vodka & 2 ml water. 10ml expanded to 15ml.
..if i were U,wishes..i would read up be4 U DIY..as U dont seem to understand how vaping gadget & e-liquid function properly ..mixing with water is not done..2 ml in yr 10 ml..will kill yr atty..please research more be4 U DIY..i suggest U get disposable type e-cig with prefilled carto...that way U cannot go wrong..it is not luck or unlucky...i see U misused what U have..spend more time & read all the infor available here..regards mafig ps get PG(0 mg) from yr local pharmacy & dilute yr VG(mg) to thin down yr VG juice

Last edited:

Kryxwee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
Eropagnis
I think you're really unlucky. I've been using the ego-w for over a week now without any issues. Each charge lasts me about 1.5 days.

I think it would be better getting your stuff from some reliable sites?

Hi All,
Trying to give up on the analogues. Tried ecigs firstly about 4 yrs ago - just the 'normal' ciggie looking basic ones. Thought it was time to try again so after buying the 'normal' ones off a market stall decided to look for something better.

Settled on eGo-W, bought off Alibaba. They arrived Saturday (4 of them) as this time I'm serious. Got the 1100 batteries as wanted something that was going to last me lots more time than the 20-30mins or so the basic ones last.

OK charged 2 batteries up for 8hrs. Couldn't get the one cartomiser (or whatever you call it - tankomiser?) to do anything, tried on another cartomiser and was rewarded by the best vape I could have imagined. I thought it was wonderful until 15mins later the battery failed. Put the 2nd battery on and 15mins later this died on me. Recharged the batteries for another hour (as in booklet) again they failed after about 15min. Charger quickly went from red to green. OK I have 2 more 1100 batteries so charged these overnight. First one I used on the dead cartomiser - still no joy so put on the one I'd been using. To my horror this one only lasted 15-20mins again. Tried the last battery and it lasted 5-6hrs.

Thought I'd better try with the other cartomisers, just to make sure they were OK. One cartomiser gave up the ghost after about an hour, nothing happens just like the first dead one. The fourth one was working great until I realised I'd managed to smoke 2ml (or whatever they hold). Went to fill it as loved the cherry liquid it contained but found I probably hadn't used it all as I was quickly covered in e liquid as it had numerous small cracks.

4 cartomisers/tankomisers, 4 batteries in 3 days I now have :-
3 batteries that run for about 20mins, 1 battery lasts about 5-6hrs
2 dead cartomisers, 1 leaking cartomiser, 1 working cartomiser.

I've been in touch with the Chinese supplier who says they'll send me out 3 new batteries & cartomisers. As I don't want to be without a working ecig can anyone make any suggestions as to what I can do to possibly help the batteries/cartomisers work again?

Failing that can anyone suggest a good tank system that will fit on this that I can get quickly? I think I can work around the batteries for the moment by making sure I charge them all up. Thinking of putting tape around the leaking cartomiser to see if I can prolong that one.

Has anyone else had this much bad luck? Did I get a bad batch?

I'd like to vape primarily VG as PG makes me hoarse. I think it's the act of smoking I need more than the Nicotine. If anyone can tell me where I can get a good Cherry flavour to go with the VG I'd be grateful.

Not having too much luck as the chemist I went to to ask for syringes would only sell me 0.5ml diabetic syringes. The needle is so small that even VG diluted from 10ml to 15ml with water,flavour & alcohol it won't suck up the needle. :blush:

Can anyone suggest a reliable preferably tank system that will work well with a high concentration of VG?

I'd REALLY appreciate any help you can offer as I KNOW I can give up by vapeing. I've only had 3 cigs (normally smoke 20 rollies a day) since Saturday and I can honestly say I preferred vapeing to them.

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA

DO like the tank system so am toying with the idea of getting the Ego-C system. Any better suggestions anyone for a tank type system? Thanks again

I DIY all of my flavors so far, and I would suggest an e-juice calculator:

eJuice Recipe Calculator
online, simple to use

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/46912-downloadable-e-juice-recipe-software-app.html
downloadable, can save recipes.

I get unflavored PG nic, get USP VG, usually mixed 50/50, up to 80/20VG if I want less vapor. If you need to dilute yours with water because it is still thick, I use distilled water, a few drops at a time until I get the consistency I want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread