New Evic, RBA, RDA, and other topper questions

Discussion in 'eVic' started by Bad Ninja, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Ultra Member ECF Veteran

So my boss decided to give me an added bonus for turning him on to APVs, and bought us both Ovale Evics.
    I bought an Ovale Cylo atty and its horrible. Leaks and is an overall burden to use.
    I'm still a newbie so please bear with me.
    I'm a fast learner and I'm getting ready to try building coils and stepping up a bit.

I like dripping so I tried a few of my generic drip attys from the local Smokeshop and they don't work very well, if at all.
    The single coil works okay but the dual coil reads " atomizer short" and .8 ohms. :(
    thats generic for ya, I guess.

So what are some recommendations that will not break the bank, but will work out of the box on the evic?
    What tanks or RBAs are popular with Evic owners?
    Thanks in advance.
    i am so glad I found this place.
    the data on this site is overwhelming. Combined with the lingo, even searches are intimidating.

sent from the netherworld via a worn out iPhone .

2. Whiplash205

Whiplash205 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The evic was my first purchase and I run protanks on it. Looks good on an evic and you can rebuild the coils. I run microcoils and cotton wicks in mine and love them.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

3. Bad Ninja

I like the looks of the pro tanks on the Evic.
    I will grab one of those to try our.
    Thank you. :)

Are there any top coil rebuildables with those cool lookin verticle mesh wicks that are popular on the Evic?
    Those look very cool and practical.

4. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I bought an eVic when I got back into vaping. The reason you get the atomizer short message is .8 ohm is too low for it to fire. I don't recall exactly but I believe it has to be around 1.2 ohms of resistance. I found that Smoktech Rsst's work very well on it and it is an excellent rebuildable for someone starting in that area. Here's a huge amount of info/discussion on them:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...oktech-rsst-genesis-rebuildable-atomizer.html

5. Sthur

Sthur Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have an evic and a smoktech RDA octopus and running stock coil at 2.0ohms. Planning on making coil next. I agree you need to keep the coil above the 1.0 or 1.2 range to get it to fire. Have no problems with RDA and hope to make a micro coil or at least something.

Use protank 2 and a dual coil carto all the time and like both.

6. Mark_Henson

Mark_Henson Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use Kanger Protank II's, Kanger eVod, & Kanger MT3s on my eVic, and have had no problems. Personally, I like the bottom coil tanks.

7. Bad Ninja

I grabbed a generic k2 tank from a very uninformed smoke shop and it works like a champ
    I just fear it will have a short lifespan and inconsistent vapes after a bit of use.
    I'm definitely gonna grab a protank from the B&M next week, but they have a very weak inventory and they are 50 miles away :(

There is a certain appeal to being able to rebuild my atomizer with some kanthal, a wick, and some determination.

Those Genesis attys are very interesting

8. EddardinWinter

EddardinWinter Pride Male Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Just started into RBAs, and I wholeheartedly recommend the RSST for a first rebuild Atty. It is simple and has an easier spring capture positive terminal. The only drawback is the poly tank is susceptible to corrosive e-liquids.

Tapped out

9. Bad Ninja

I love the style of the RSST and none of the flavors I use now are tank splitters.
    But I do like the idea of borosilicate glass for the tanks.
    Anything out there comparable to the rsst but with a Boro tank?

10. olgc2977

olgc2977 Full Member

I like to use a protank 2 and a protank 2 mini with 1.8 or 2.5 ohm coils, bales beautifully

11. kawirich

kawirich Full Member

Iv'e got a iSmoka Magoo with a single 2.2 ohm coil and a double 3mm silica wick, I'm a truck driver and I can fill my truck with vapor after 2 or 3 good puffs. Great combo, great vapor, great taste, only draw back is my 3400 mah battery only lasts 2 days the way I vape.

12. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Senior Member ECF Veteran

I ordered a Kayfun Lite for mine and can't wait to give it a try.

13. Bad Ninja

Wrapped my first coil on this M4 single coil dripping atty
    [​IMG]

14. Chelley

Chelley Senior Member ECF Veteran

I usually use a kanger evod on mine. I have tried others but keep going back to evod.
    <<<<< theres a pic of mine. :)

15. rasmith1959

rasmith1959 Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I recently tried a Kanger Mini ProTank II on mine and LOVE it! I liked it so much that I'm considering switching all of my T3's to Mini Protanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4.

16. Kdmkdm69

Kdmkdm69 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use the smok Pyrex carto tank on mine at 10w.
    Yummy vape clouds!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.