New Evic, RBA, RDA, and other topper questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
So my boss decided to give me an added bonus for turning him on to APVs, and bought us both Ovale Evics.
I bought an Ovale Cylo atty and its horrible. Leaks and is an overall burden to use.
I'm still a newbie so please bear with me.
I'm a fast learner and I'm getting ready to try building coils and stepping up a bit.

I like dripping so I tried a few of my generic drip attys from the local Smokeshop and they don't work very well, if at all.
The single coil works okay but the dual coil reads " atomizer short" and .8 ohms. :(
thats generic for ya, I guess.

So what are some recommendations that will not break the bank, but will work out of the box on the evic?
What tanks or RBAs are popular with Evic owners?
Thanks in advance.
i am so glad I found this place.
the data on this site is overwhelming. Combined with the lingo, even searches are intimidating.

sent from the netherworld via a worn out iPhone .

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
So my boss decided to give me an added bonus for turning him on to APVs, and bought us both Ovale Evics.
I bought an Ovale Cylo atty and its horrible. Leaks and is an overall burden to use.
I'm still a newbie so please bear with me.
I'm a fast learner and I'm getting ready to try building coils and stepping up a bit.

I like dripping so I tried a few of my generic drip attys from the local Smokeshop and they don't work very well, if at all.
The single coil works okay but the dual coil reads " atomizer short" and .8 ohms. :(
thats generic for ya, I guess.

So what are some recommendations that will not break the bank, but will work out of the box on the evic?
What tanks or RBAs are popular with Evic owners?
Thanks in advance.
i am so glad I found this place.
the data on this site is overwhelming. Combined with the lingo, even searches are intimidating.

sent from the netherworld via a worn out iPhone .

I bought an eVic when I got back into vaping. The reason you get the atomizer short message is .8 ohm is too low for it to fire. I don't recall exactly but I believe it has to be around 1.2 ohms of resistance. I found that Smoktech Rsst's work very well on it and it is an excellent rebuildable for someone starting in that area. Here's a huge amount of info/discussion on them:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...oktech-rsst-genesis-rebuildable-atomizer.html

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
I have an evic and a smoktech RDA octopus and running stock coil at 2.0ohms. Planning on making coil next. I agree you need to keep the coil above the 1.0 or 1.2 range to get it to fire. Have no problems with RDA and hope to make a micro coil or at least something.

Use protank 2 and a dual coil carto all the time and like both.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I grabbed a generic k2 tank from a very uninformed smoke shop and it works like a champ
I just fear it will have a short lifespan and inconsistent vapes after a bit of use.
I'm definitely gonna grab a protank from the B&M next week, but they have a very weak inventory and they are 50 miles away :(

There is a certain appeal to being able to rebuild my atomizer with some kanthal, a wick, and some determination.

Those Genesis attys are very interesting

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I usually use a kanger evod on mine. I have tried others but keep going back to evod.
<<<<< theres a pic of mine. :)

I recently tried a Kanger Mini ProTank II on mine and LOVE it! I liked it so much that I'm considering switching all of my T3's to Mini Protanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread