New eVic User

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodyWilly

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2013
Denver, Colorado
I made my decision after all night of researching between smoktech zmax and the eVic.
I'm going to use my pro tank II on it. My questions are below.

- I'm a vaper that is all about clouds and a warm/throat hit. With the pro tank II what Ohm and Voltage have you guys found out with the pro tank.

- Is the eVic durable to have in my pocket during work (I'm a Chef so a lot of bending, moving fast.)

Thanks in advance!

roffles18963

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO, USA
I rebuild all my protank coils so I can't really say anything on stock coils. It depends on what you like. Use whatever ohms you want at whatever volts you want, but the evic caps out at 5 volts (cannot exceed 5 volts OR, EMPHASIS ON OR, 11 watts). If you're really looking for clouds and throat hit, grab a mech and build sub ohm but make sure you do your research on battery safety first.

Evic is on the fragile side, I've dropped mine a few times but I've gotten lucky, threads are still fine, just minor tube damage and a slightly cracked outer plastic on the screen. If you want durable, grab an Innokin VTR.

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
My evic has taken several falls to concrete flooring from my hand at chest hight (at a bar smoking patio right after taking a draw) and its just fine. Lost a drip top from it flying off the tank, and had to re power on the evic (fall bounced the battery on the spring causing it to loose power) but no damage to tank or evic. I normally use 1.8 - 2.2 ohm coils anf like my watermelon and strawberry flavors around 7 watts, kiwi marshmallow around 6.3 watts, and my bakery flavors around 8 watts.
Each person may like different things though.

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
thanks for the reply's! whats the difference between wattage and voltage?

I'll answer this with the e-cig answer for simplicity . . . watts is the measure of heat from the coil to the e-juice to vaporize it. The eVic can regulate the wattage, called variable wattage (VW) and keep it constant no matter what resistance your coil is (ohms). It does this by "doing the math" and varying the voltage to the coil to maintain the wattage. By "doing the math," I mean that voltage, current, and wattage are related in that voltage divided by resistance (ohms) = current (amps), voltage times current = watts.
Variable voltage mode (VV) means you regulate the voltage directly, so a change in the coil ohms will change the wattage.
Either method should provide a constant vape throughout the life of the battery, though my eVics seem to taper off around 10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread