Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
oh; and the evod/protanks coils: there were quite a few tanks using similar coils, but some were slightly different ;
I'd want to check if your coil is flooding because the top of the coil is not sealing with the airtube;; if that's the problem adding a second silicone cap upside down should seal it.

Reactions: glointhedark

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
oh; and the evod/protanks coils: there were quite a few tanks using similar coils, but some were slightly different ;
I'd want to check if your coil is flooding because the top of the coil is not sealing with the airtube;; if that's the problem adding a second silicone cap upside down should seal it.

by slightly different I mean there are coil heads that fit in the tank, but not an exact fit; a little shorter at the top

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
It's definitely the right coil, but I don't know the resistance.

maybe it's a different resistance than the previous one and your battery isn't able to power it adequately;
the ohms is usually on the box. 1.5 1.8 2.0 2.2

how old is the battery?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I have a drawer filled w/evod coils. I've taken many apart, and the wraps are very different on different batches (as is the thickness of the wire and also sometimes the amount of silica wick even in coils of same ohms).

That is typical of over the counter coils. Plenty of duds, but they are cheap so I don't mind.

Reactions: corn flakes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread