So-Cal
Reactions: Rossum

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Just notified the GF that her huge bags of Kale in our freezer might not work any more. Just ordered 2 more liters of 100 nic and more amber glass bottles :|
Just use the bags of Kale to squueze in between,pack on top of,and around the bottles,that way you have protection from accidental breakage haha.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I get it Mac, I finally comprehend what the bloody hell you're on about.

No idea as to an answer for your question though.

Hope so. That you're not the only one. As a community and industry, we are reactive because we remain focused on the immediate challenge or obstacle as its presented to us. We were railroaded long ago into the framework of existing tobacco legislation. And being a nascent enterprise we lacked the homogeneity of resources or the necessary political understanding. In its infancy vaping was inadequately prepared to foresee or head off what is happening now. In many ways, it remains so. Until we tackle this head on, unravel the legal association of nicotine and tobacco which avoids the discussion of the principal objectionable attribute of tobacco ignored by the law (combustion), we will remain on this slippery slope. If we continue in this long enough my deep concern is that nicotine itself will be denied us. Then we are simply done. Not because we are addicts but that nic is essential for the continued conversion of smokers and growth of the community. Numbers matter to our political and social strength.

Respect all of you here who have been so dedicated. So this is no criticism whatsoever but an attempt to suggest we need to narrow the focus for the long term. And I don't believe we can rely on industry to do it for us, at least not on their own. The business itself has its own interests to defend and these may not always be in concert with our own as vapers. The longer that we wait to define the object, to establish what we need and want as vaping consumers, the greater the risk the choices will be made at a higher level than our own.

There needs to be a broader awareness of what is wrong with this picture before our personal interests are diluted in a capitulation that falls short. Where our existing rights are inadvertently lost as we submit to the relief of compromise brought by hollow alternatives.

Good luck all. :)

We all want progress, but progress means getting nearer to the place you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man. — C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Last edited:

dethnode

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2011
arkansas
The answer to this problem of over kill regulation has been laid out in our history books before. When the government decided to try prohibition, it was quickly realized that they had created a monster in the black market. One that could not be controlled, would not be stopped, and would practice civil resistance without end. This must be our answer as well. All markets for which there is burdensome regulation give rise to an underground market. The resourcefulness, determination, and public opinion of those markets are what determines if the regulations are overturned, or if the market dries and fades.

Resources, we have. We have forums like this one and many others. We have you tube channels. We have vape meets. We have a community.

Determination we also have. Vapers will continue to fight for their hobby. We know the benefits that it has brought and we will continue to be proponents of this industry as long as their is an industry to fight for.

The public opinion battle is the one we must focus on. In the short term, these regulations will hurt the industry. However, they will inevitably lead to more studies, and in depth analysis of vaping. When/if these studies show, beyond doubt, that e cigs are a safer alternative to cigs, we must be there to cry out for the regulations to be over turned.

Continue the fight, fight for HR2058, stock up, make your own juices, supply friends adn family. But most importantly, be there when these studies turn up that vaping is the safer alternative, talk to everyone you can about how beneficial vaping has been for you. Contact local media, and explain that this is big tobacco and big pharma leading future generations to slaughter through government regulation of competition.

Vape on, and good luck!

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Yes, but so long as the authority to appraise the science remains in the hands of those with a vested interest to obscure or oppose all facts which validate the advantages of alternatives, we shall see the status quo and whatever ill consequences may result from it.

The struggle is one to return to reason.

Good luck all. :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Hey...

Quick question...

Anyone care to speculate on how these regulations will effect modding chips like Evolves DNA boards? Wondering if I should prepare for mechanicals only now or if I would likely be able to continue to purchase DNA boards?
I expect that any board designed specifically for vaping will have to be approved for consumer sales.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Kinda off topic in this section, but yeah, it's gonna be tough for the FDA to control imports of random circuit boards.
Yep unless they come from a vaping company.
And the converter chips used in Hexohm style VV mods are off the shelf boards not vaping dedicated like others are.

rocketman29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2014
Melbourne, FL
Currently, there's atleast one very big well-known vendor selling 100mg nic internationally without any mention of nic, only VG or PG labeled on bottle and no papers/invoice(to fool customs), because many EU countries has laws making it illegal to import nic from non-EU countries... I'm hoping such measures/vendors will be available too after the grace-period is over ;) (e.g. having 20mg 10ml bottles on site, but taking email-orders of 1L 100mg and sending it labeled as just PG or VG without invoice/papers...

Can you PM me the name of this vendor?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I thought i saw a vendor mentioned somewhere on ecf or maybe another forum that supposedly has had 100mg nicotine available since like year 2002...

If that is the case, then would that vendor be exempt from these new regulations since they would meet the grandfather date?
As I understand it even stuff that meets the grandfather date still has to go thru an approval process. Just a simpler one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread