Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Slack King. Glad to have you here!

Check out this forum: SG Vapers. Make sure you read all the "stickies" as there are special rules you must follow when posting due to the sensitivity of vaping in SG. You won't be able to ask where to buy hardware/juice in SG as your government monitors/reads ECF forum posts. It's all explained here => Newbies Q&A Thread. [PLEASE READ]

If you are able to travel (and are willing to take the risk on getting back through customs) check out vape shops across the causeway. Be aware, customs is on "high alert".
You will not be able to post in the SG Vapers Forum until you have your first 5 posts (or replys) and the server updates at :25 past the hour.

One further word of caution from another SG member:
Even the walls have eyes and ears. That includes your Facebook wall. Watch your back too. They are looking and listening from every corner.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I cant seem to reply to posts...
You can only reply to posts in the "New Member section" right now.

As soon as you have 5 posts (replys count as posts) and the server updates at :25 past the hour you will be able to post (reply) to threads in other forums here on ECF.
I would like to seek your help/advice on how can i go about learning more abt this
What an e-cigarette consists of:

1. Power Source -- Battery or Mod/APV. APV = Advanced Personal Vaporizer
2. Juice Delivery Devise -- often a clearomizer (a tank that uses "stock/factory" coils).
3. Heating element. Often called a coil.
4. Eliquid. Often called juice.

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods
3. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments
4. Something Safe for Cinnamon and Citrus Flavors

Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
1. The Three Main Types of Ecig
2. Vaping Slang and Acronyms

Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Some juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Susan~S,Izan
Really appreciate your reply.
And i actually reading up now.
I cant seem to reply to posts...

Sorry for any inconvenince caused

No need for replies...
As a new vaper: close mouth/ open ears and eyes.
Everywhere else, just "like" what you read and keep moving, learning.

I

You can only reply to posts in the "New Member section" right now.

As soon as you have 5 posts (replys count as posts) and the server updates at :25 past the hour you will be able to post (reply) to threads in other forums here on ECF.

What an e-cigarette consists of:

1. Power Source -- Battery or Mod/APV. APV = Advanced Personal Vaporizer
2. Juice Delivery Devise -- often a clearomizer (a tank that uses "stock/factory" coils).
3. Heating element. Often called a coil.
4. Eliquid. Often called juice.

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods
3. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments
4. Something Safe for Cinnamon and Citrus Flavors

Here are a few more links from New Members Information <= Link covers many topics. Here are two of them:
1. The Three Main Types of Ecig
2. Vaping Slang and Acronyms

Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Some juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

This is really a really useful guide for me too. Thank you Susan~S. I am new too.

Reactions: Susan~S
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread