New gear on Halo site

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamburglar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New Bern, NC
The new reactor and tracer tanks are just top fill versions of what was already out. For example, the reactor tanks are just newer Starre tanks. I'm betting the new tracer tank is another newer Arctic. They all still use the same coils which is awesome.

I liked seeing some of the newer tanks listed. I bought a reactor shorty tank in black to pair with my SBody Macro black battery. I have not vaped it yet but they look awesome together. Its funny that I use a couple different batteries now, but I love the price and quality of the Halo tanks/coils.

I still use my Reactor version 1 tanks. I bought the replacement glass for one of them because I broke one a few months ago. Very nice that Halo is now offering the parts. (The Reactor Tanks V1 and V2 use the same size glass).

Gary W

Jul 28, 2016
Houston, Texas
Friday I am ordering the new Reactor tank plus the 1.5 coil heads. I'm planning on using it on my Tracer Twist (which is awesome). I was told by Halo that I'm better off with the standard pg/vg e-liquids because the High VG I use for my sub-ohms will use up the 1.5 coils faster because the High V is too thick. So if you get the 1.5s, they advise the standard e-liquid.

rvshehata

Moved On
Aug 9, 2016
www.halocigs.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Gary W

Jul 28, 2016
Houston, Texas
Thank you so much for the heads up! I've never actually used the bypass mode on it. I'm going to try and save a little on juice as I m part-time and my hours were cut for a few weeks and I'm starting to run a tad low on high vg. i still have quite a bit of standard pg/vg ratio juice that I use on my Triton system. When I saw that they had the kanthal 1.5s I thought I'd try with the new Reactor tank. I have the Reactor and Tracer kits and I love them. This new Tracer Twist is a very welcomed addition and it's wattage is from 5 - 30 and it's great on my sub-ohm coils but as we all know, sub-ohm coils suck up juice. I guess what I'd ultimately like is to be able to switch from sub-ohm to higher ohm and use it for a larger MTL vape than my Triton VV. I really like DL but MTL on the Triton doesn't seem to guzzle (quite as much). Now if I could find a Triton or Nautilus style drip tip that, I would think, would help with MTL. Anyway, any thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated. Halo had suggested going to 1.2 coils for one of my Tracer tanks but they haven't been in stock for awhile.

Gary

hamburglar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New Bern, NC
Quick update… I fired up the new Reactor Shorty Tank tonight. I installed a Halo Stainless 0.5 coil in it. Battery is a SBody Macro. The coil is rated for 20-40 Watts. I am running it at 35Watts right now.

This is an awesome combo. For those of you that are not familiar with the SBody Macro, it is a 40 Watt max DNA 40 device. Single 18650 battery. And it is TINY!!!! Paired with the Reactor Shorty tank this combo is a 40 watt stealth vaper. Easy in the jeans pocket. Ill carry this one around at work.

I bet the Halo Shorty battery is a good pair also. I just didn’t get it because I already had one tiny mod. But this tank is freaking awesome. And this is the first time I have used a stainless coil. It is super clean tasting.

Note…. The tank came with a Kanthal 0.5 coil. I just tossed that coil into the pile and installed one of the other coils I got in the same order. Ill burn the stock coil in a higher power device at 60 watts.

Reactions: rvshehata

Zavri

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
vermont
Friday I am ordering the new Reactor tank plus the 1.5 coil heads. I'm planning on using it on my Tracer Twist (which is awesome). I was told by Halo that I'm better off with the standard pg/vg e-liquids because the High VG I use for my sub-ohms will use up the 1.5 coils faster because the High V is too thick. So if you get the 1.5s, they advise the standard e-liquid.

70vg isn't too thick. 90vg would be.

Their "standard" ratio is roughly 65-70PG. Which carries a strong throat hit.

higher vg just gunks faster, thats why they probably recommend it.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I didn't notice any of the chinese sites having this problem.

Perhaps you haven't been looking at Kanger, Innokin and some other big names. Several mods were "released" by 8/7 but very few or none are available. There's a thread about the Pre-orders and pre-releases somewhere in this humongous forum.

rvshehata

Moved On
Aug 9, 2016
www.halocigs.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
whar's mah pudding?!?
And where's my Doritos????

2853515570_13c76d39ef.jpg

Reactions: wheezal
@rvshehata Are you the new Halo rep on ECF? I'm curious why I can't get High VG liquid with the Triton II kit since it comes with sub-ohm coils.

I'm not the official site rep, but I do work for Nicropure. I am available for any support for the liquids or hardware. The starter kit does come with a sub ohm coils (0.75), but I've tested PG blends on this coil and set up and its works just as well as the higher VG liquids. You will not be disappointed with this kit.

Hollaaaaaaa!

Reactions: DaveOno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread