New girl with questions (shocker rite?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WistfulChipmunk

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2017
Hi all! Happy to be here! [edited] cigarettes. I never cough anymore! Don't care what all the grumbling is about is this really safe!?!? Because I can BREATHE and BIKE and TASTE and IMO that's a billion times over a sign that vaping is waaaaaay vastly better for my health. So there is that.

Okay. Quick introduction/backstory to me, I've been vaping for a long time now but I would still consider myself to be an absolute newb. The reason being acquainted with this lovely cigarette replacement back in 2007 when I was working in a bank call centre.

There was a guy on the supervisory team who brought these "crazy electronic cigarettes" out into the smoking area. He was in sales before joining the supervisory team, so he went about talking up these super amazing eGo units and whatever he was doing smelled REALLY good.

It was kind of funny looking back on it now, it was almost like he was selling drugs, with little ziplock baggies full of juice and atomizers (lol).

I got interested, he claimed it was healthier for all the normal reasons. No smoke, no tar, less chemicals, vapor is just water with flavor and nicotine like the gum has nicotine, etc.

So anyway, this guy became my "dealer" so to speak, he'd just tell me what I needed based on my fumbling attempts to explain why this thing or that thing didn't seem to be working for me. Would bring little baggies of juice in different flavors and I didn't need to think very hard about anything.

This trend progressed and no matter where I have been since then, I just went to stores and was like I vape I need a battery this is the one I have and it died please sell me a new thingy. And they would and I'd just go on about my life.

The thing NOW is that I've literally been puffing on a jug-o-generic peppermint for basically 5 years straight and I was thinking about trying new flavors. This was paired with how I recently I got CRAZY ripped off by the local shop.

Short story, battery died, I flew in there on a lunch break like plz save me guys, and they sold me this RX mini for like a hundred dollars and I thought to myself this is insane the last battery I bought was like fiddy bucks. So I looked it up online and was shown they had sold me basically the most expensive [edited] mod in the shop to take advantage of my newbishness. -_-

Following this! I decided to start buying all my stuff online and now I'm running into a billion million options and choices and I'm learning that some flavors are like HELL NO OMFG gross and some SEEM like they'd be good if I only new a little more.

So my setup at where I'm at at this point:
I've got a few bottles of different juice.
My jug-o-mint. (classic)
Like six Vape Wild samples steeping (wtf I never knew that was a thing...)
Plus some Naked Unicorn and some Boosted by Boosted.
And some Menthol from Vista Vape.

I've got like 4 Aspire Cleito tanks. Two EXO's, two regular Cleitos.
I use 0.4ohms mostly, but I did just pick up a K4 kit which has 0.27ohms and a stick battery (just cuz it was pink and on sale and it seemed like an easy thing to keep around.)

I've got one Box Mod and another one incoming.
The main one is a Reuleaux RX Mini. Battery life is crap but it's an okay little widget.
I just ordered an ELEAF™ ISMOKA ISTICK TC 40W TEMP CONTROL BOX MOD KIT (On sale for 24 bucks at Vapor Authority Woo!)

Now. I've also got a sack of concentrated flavorings I just ordered from Bull City and some unflavored Nicotine base. Bottles. Syringes. All these neat things to play with to learn what I like and make my own JOOSE! Yeay!

I'm of the understanding that "dripping" or "RDA's" are the way to go when you're testing DIY joose.

I have NO idea how to build a coil [edited] rocket magic is this...

SO this is why I signed up!

And this was a long post!

I'm open to advice and being corraled in the right direction to obtain ced advice!

:)

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Hello and welcome! Wow, that's a mouthful :). The vapor that is expelled is not "water" vapor, it's more of an aerosol from my understanding. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure. Glad you joined and building your own coils is really not that difficult once you get the hang of it. There are plenty of threads here for making juice, building and so forth so jump on in.

Reactions: RainSong

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I can imagine what it's like today looking at the endless choice of gear. Easy to get something that doesn't suit your style of vaping, or costs way too much. When I started it was little cigalikes from the Mall, or Egos from the head shop. No vape shops around. There was more on-line but I didn't know that. Suggest you do lots of reading here before you buy more stuff. And ask questions. So much good gear around right now.

Good luck.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Welcome! yeah what @Vapemesilly said about videos....... I usually point new people to videos as you can actually watch the coil building process.... Just go to a search engine and type the name of your tank followed by the words "coil building" and you will see lots of YouTube videos you can watch.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2016
    Tempe, Arizona, United States
    Welcome and how-----------dy.

The best help I found for coil building is Youtube videos. Watching somebody actually build the coil helped me a lot. You can find videos for pretty much any make of RTA or RDA. BTW, avoid the coil builders who fancy themselves rappers. :w00t:
    A note on watching coil building videos... it's all much smaller when you get it in front of you ;) Still no worries, if I can get the hang of it, anyone can. As far as DIY, I do recommend finding some well rated recipes and starting there at small quantities (10-15ml testers) so you don't waste raw materials on something you hate. Check out the DIY sub forum here on ecf too.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Some places to get you started:
    DIY E-Liquid for all the info to get started making juice.
    RDA to get suggestions on you first RDA, like which is the easiest to build, etc.

It's a big site. If you get lost, all you have to do is ask where to look for something.

Welcome to ECF! You're doing great so far!

Aus11

Verified Member
    Jun 16, 2017
    Hollywood, FL
    Hi and welcome, as far as building goes you dont even need to wrap the coils yourself right at the start. You CAN if you want buy premade coils for the RDA and wick them yourself. You just have to install the coil and snip excess wire. Youtube could help you even with that but it would probably be a bit easier starting off to try those on an RDA.

The Cleito is not an RDA but it is a tank. With an RDA you have a very very small holding area for juice. You drip a few drops right into the mouthpiece and you are set for a few puffs then you have to drip again. RDAs are fun but if you dont want to do the work there are still tanks that can give you great flavor.

If you are going to do DIY juice please ask any questions you may have. Its not a lab process but mishandling of nicotine can be hazardous so its best to read up on what you are going to be doing.
    :)
    If you have any questions feel free to ask anyone.

WistfulChipmunk

ECF Veteran
    Jul 25, 2017
    What do you guys think about uh.. dripping atomizers? Like this Genuine Boge™ 510 Dripping Atomizer?

It's only 3.99 for one and honestly I think I only need these drippy things to test juices so I don't murder all my Cleito coils? These are like "disposable" drippers if I'm reading the thing correctly?

Junk? Okayish? Not worth bothering or probably fine?

WistfulChipmunk

ECF Veteran
    Jul 25, 2017
    Okay so I'm ..putting this DIY Full KitCoil Master™ DIY Tool Kit v3 in my shopping cart ..and ..the tool kit needs a battery. I guess any 18650 battery is fine? They have like a bunch of different ones listed here.

Also there is this Wismec™ Indestructible RDA - Rebuildable Atomizer (because indestructible sounds like a thing that I should have a hard time destroying with my flailing hands...)

This seems okayish, it keeps saying it's good for single and double coil builds and lots of room for easy use so that sounds good I think.

Do I need a mouth tip thing for this RDA? It seems to imply that it has a mouthpiece already but it looks so short like can I really put that in my mouth??

Aus11

Verified Member
    Jun 16, 2017
    Hollywood, FL
    The drip tip should be fine, if it comes with one it is usually designed for the RDA it comes with.

I ended up getting The Troll by Wotofo for my first but still haven't built as my supplies are still incoming from China. Should be here soon. Mine didn't come with a drip tip but I like the layout.

I cant speak for certain but I would assume any 18650 for the kit is ok.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread