Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Okay so I'm ..putting this DIY Full KitCoil Master[emoji769] DIY Tool Kit v3 in my shopping cart ..and ..the tool kit needs a battery. I guess any 18650 battery is fine? They have like a bunch of different ones listed here.

Also there is this Wismec[emoji769] Indestructible rda - Rebuildable Atomizer (because indestructible sounds like a thing that I should have a hard time destroying with my flailing hands...)

This seems okayish, it keeps saying it's good for single and double coil builds and lots of room for easy use so that sounds good I think.

Do I need a mouth tip thing for this rda? It seems to imply that it has a mouthpiece already but it looks so short like can I really put that in my mouth??
I don't have that exact kit but close, I bought my larger 521 Tab separate and use a 25R to power it.
The Indestructible is small to build on and you won't need a DT for it. I used one as a starter in the beginning.
I would just do alot of research, and ask all the question you need to. The only wrong question is the one not asked.
Here is a great tool that alot of us use for coil building.
Steam-engine.org
Hth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

WistfulChipmunk

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2017
Man. My boyfriend already watched me haul out like a mini lab of bottles and syringes and nitrile gloves and gave me this look like ...

I pull this little hot wire turntable tookit out on the kitchen table and start chattering about ohms and heat flux, he'll think I'm trying to build miniature biological weapon systems for funsies.

This will be fun.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Man. My boyfriend already watched me haul out like a mini lab of bottles and syringes and nitrile gloves and gave me this look like ...

I pull this little hot wire turntable tookit out on the kitchen table and start chattering about ohms and heat flux, he'll think I'm trying to build miniature biological weapon systems for funsies.

This will be fun.

lol ...you go girl despite what he "assumes"

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    (Anna, you may have competition for the longest post.
    emoji6.png
    )

Well.... Definitely longest coherent post that's for sure.

Wistful Chipmunk, You are hitting the ground running. But that's great :)

Ann

WistfulChipmunk

ECF Veteran
    Jul 25, 2017
    Okay actually one other question...

"This device should only be used with rechargeable Lithium Ion IMR batteries with an amp limit of 20A or higher. Using other batteries can be potentially hazardous." (This is what MVS has to say about the MiniTab that comes with the V3 toolkit.)

AW™ 18650 IMR 1600MAH 24AMP BATTERY <---- This is the correct battery type yas?
    AW 18650 IMR 1,600 mAh Battery Specifications:
    Manufactured By: AW
    Battery Type: Lithium Ion IMR
    Size: 18650
    Battery Capacity: 1,600 mAh
    Battery Structure: Button Top
    Maximum Continuous Discharge Current: 24A
    Nominal Voltage: 3.7V
    Maximum Charging Current: 4.5A
    Low Discharge Voltage: 2.5V
    Length: 2.59 inches (65.9 mm)
    Diameter: 0.72 inches (18.2 mm)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I could be corrected, but I believe that's batteries/makers getting together and a) not wanting to get sued, companies hate that for some reason, LOL and b) it's often interpreted as a "OMG, can I use this battery?" when it is kind of a general warning. I've seen that on batteries, but not devices, though, so I stand ready and willing to be corrected on this matter. The only batteries I got, ever, without the warning was over a year ago, and I sort of freaked when I looked at the little "beware" paper, but they were the exact same batteries I was using for a year, so I did not stress. I mean, I looked up some battery safety for myself, but I didn't stress. :)

Anna

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2016
    Tempe, Arizona, United States
    I've learned more about batteries while vaping than I ever thought I'd know. It's also helped me to think differently about the way I use and charge all my devices that take batteries. Battery safety, number 1 rule, followed closely by "have backups."

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas

"This device should only be used with rechargeable Lithium Ion IMR batteries with an amp limit of 20A or higher. Using other batteries can be potentially hazardous." (This is what MVS has to say about the MiniTab that comes with the V3 toolkit.)

Yes, right 'type', but, I don't know if that specific minitab needs a button top cell or if a button top will fit correctly without over compressing the battery contacts.
    Several other flat top cells would work as good if not better if the minitab can or does use flat top. Most things nowadayz use flat top.

Samsung 30q 3000mah 20a CDR
    LGHG2 3000mah 18ish a CDR
    Sony vtc6 3000mah 19ish a CDR
    Lghe4 2500mah 20a
    Sony vtc5 2600mah 20a CDR
    Samsung 20R 2000mah 22a CDR
    Samsung 25R5 2500mah 20a CDR
    --- --- --- --- ---
    25a CDR;
    LG Hd2 2000 mah
    LG Hd2c 2100 mah
    LG Hd4 2100 mah
    VTC5A (must be "A") 2500 mah

--- --- --- --- ---
    30a CDR;
    LGHB series 1500mah 30a CDR
    Sony vtc3 1500mah 30a CDR

I buy my cells from ---> Sony, LG, Samsung, Panasonic

WistfulChipmunk

ECF Veteran
    Jul 25, 2017
    Okay you know I think what I will do first before I get too ahead of myself is buy some of the premade coils and see if I can get those into the RDA and wicked and attempt to USE the thingy before I go all doomscience.

KANTHAL MICROCOILS - PREWRAPPED (10 PACK) 3.99
    YOUDE CLAPTON KANTHAL COILS - PREWRAPPED (10 PACK)
    WOTOFO COMP WIRE - PREBUILT HIVE COILS (5 PACK)
    also Tiger Coils and some other random thing I don't even know..

These are all kanthal (for variable wattage mode) and come in different ohms

Ohms ..1.0ohm? Instead of sub-ohm?
    Both of my MODs are regulated so it shouldn't cause a huge situation no matter what?
    I don't vape lower than 0.2ohms anyway and I prefer a bit higher it seems.

Look at me using all mah lingo sounding almost like I know wat I am talking about.

WistfulChipmunk

ECF Veteran
    Jul 25, 2017
    okay whatevs. I bought these things! I promise to post pictures when I make it pwhoosh!
    Reel in excitement with me! :banana:

Japanese Grown Organic Unbleached Cotton Square Pads - Organic Cotton (extra because I'm bound to waste...)
    Kanthal Microcoils - Prewrapped (10 Pack) 1.0 ohm (26 AWG)
    LG™ 18650 IMR 2500mAh 35A Flat Top Battery - HE2
    Coil Master™ DIY Tool Kit v3 DIY Full Kit
    Genuine Wismec™ Indestructible RDA by Jay Bo Designs - Stainless

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

If your not vaping over 20 or so watts, and staying above .7 ohm or higher in your builds this will be fine..(although you might still go through two batteries a day) any other style of vaping (higher wattage etc) and you will want a better battery designed for the different vaping style.

Reactions: AXIOM_1

WistfulChipmunk

ECF Veteran
    Jul 25, 2017
    If your not vaping over 20 or so watts, and staying above .7 ohm or higher in your builds this will be fine..(although you might still go through two batteries a day) any other style of vaping (higher wattage etc) and you will want a better battery designed for the different vaping style.

OH. Er.. Um. Wait... The battery is for the MiniTab coil turntable ohm testing widget from the DIY V3 kit. Is it going to be okay for that? I'm not vaping with it (though I suppose the ohm meter technically is)

My Mods are a Wismec™ Reuleaux RX Mini Resin 80W and an Eleaf™ iSmoka iStick TC 40W and they have internal batteries which so far seem to be more or less chugging along pretty okayish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread