New guy in town :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonMatteo

Oct 18, 2017
Hi all.
I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say thank you everyone. I've been getting my info and tips from here for quite a while now and just decided to sing up. I will try to help you guys as much as I can. Btw that's my baby right here ;)
I know it has loads of hate out there from few people, especially on the coil life but I think this kit is the beast, just my opinion though.
Again, thanks and see you out there :)

Attachments

• 20171006_163424-1.jpg
    20171006_163424-1.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 24

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Btw that's my baby right here ;)
I know it has loads of hate out there from few people, especially on the coil life but I think this kit is the beast, just my opinion though.

Hate is a strong word in vaping circles. There are products I'm not sure about and products I think are not reliable enough, but we try not to to judge.
That looks a beautiful rig to me... sure... why not. :thumb:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Start low, prime, work your way up. There is no "best wattage" for that coil, there is the wattage YOU prefer at this time, with the juice you are using. It will be different for everyone. EG I like a cool vape so I tend to be below manufacturer's "recommended" settings, which really doesn't mean much, other than "I like a cool vape." You may prefer something entirely different, so you'll have to experiment with it.

If you want your coils to last in the BB, I'd really recommend a good prime. Some of those coils can be a bit temperamental. Glad you are enjoying the vape, however.

Anna

Reactions: DonMatteo

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I do have a Baby Beast X4 coil in there now, just wanted to try it out, and honestly it is better than original Vaporesso GT coil. There, I said it, it's better. What bothers me is the BEST possible wattage for that coil in my NRG. Any suggestions?

Best is what works best for you. I am a 40-50 watt guy depending on the ohms.. Like suggested, start low and work your way up.

DonMatteo

Oct 18, 2017
Best is what works best for you. I am a 40-50 watt guy depending on the ohms.. Like suggested, start low and work your way up.
I think I might be that 50s man. I did try 40 which was a bit too "soft" for me. 60 too strong (at least on that coil)
Anyways I didn't work my way up, will leave it to another coil which could be T8 because I want to try all different coils before getting the right one in batches. Btw you guys buy your coils at vape shops or order in batches? Vape shops seem to do a bit of a rip off on them :/

Reactions: stols001

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Once I get rid of that cigarette crave I will look more into RDA and mechanical mods. For now I will stick to premade coil heads.

I use a lot of premade coils. It depends on what I am trying to to. On a squonking RDA (protected 'mechanical', unregulated) I make the coils to get a specific resistance. (about 0.3ohms)

DonMatteo

Oct 18, 2017
I order in batches once I've figured out which coil I like. It's less expensive, if you can wait for the slow trip from China, Fasttech is pretty good about labeling authentic things as authentic, and they tend to have decent deals on coils.

Good luck,

Anna
Is FastTech actually in China? I was wondering, because I usually order from AliExpress which is in China and takes at least a month to deliver the goodies. I'm asking because it seems that FastTech is a lot cheaper.
Thanks

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Fasttech is a China based company, but I think they have SOME warehouses or A warehouse over here? They're kinda really slow, but then every now and then unexpectedly fast. With that said, the prices are reasonable and Customer Support is decent, provided that you accept that you are talking to a Chinese middle schooler who isn't allowed to vape, but once that language barrier is done, well, they do have great prices, I probably use them more than the other Chinese retailers but I don't buy anything I need immediately that's for sure.

Anna

DonMatteo

Oct 18, 2017
I'm a little partial to the Revenger.
Have the same one minus the NRG tank. Good choice.
Thanks for the info Anna.
Yeah I can agree on the NRG. It's a good tank, no offence, but I know that there are better. Speaking of tanks, how do you peeps stock yourself with coils and cotton for RDAs? I mean, where do you buy your equipment.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
MUJI Makeup Facial Soft Cut Cotton Unbleached 60x50 mm 180pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VHA3ZXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_OpwFletebIBTE

The cotton I use, there are plenty of choices.
Wire I buy where I find it when I need it, sometimes I just buy pre-built coils. I can only wrap basic coils though. Nothing fancy.

FasTech is often where I buy that stuff now that I think of it, usually not in a hurry.

Reactions: DonMatteo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread