New Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fein

May 22, 2011
Washington
So my names Sean and im pretty new to the E-Cigs. As of now i still am smoking due to a crapy start at vaping with a cheap $25 XHale 02 cig i picked up at a local 7-11. Im not sure how far i'll take this but im hoping it's going to help me quit my habit with real ciggs. I just had a son born on 5-5-11 so thats mainly the reason im trying to quit plus the fact that its all around bad for me. Right now im waiting on a yeti i ordered from AltSmoke and i just received 2 bottles of e-liquid from FreedomSmokes that as of now dosent quite tastes that great but im going to give it a chance when i get the yeti. Sorry if i dont present myself that great on here... education wasnt my favorite thing in life lol

~Sean~

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I think you sound great! A new baby is definitely a good reason to give vaping a try.

I'm sure you'll like the yeti. That's an ego type, right?

Juice is pretty much hit or miss. I got pretty lucky finding one I liked in the beginning. But I have a huge collection of juices I don't like. Once you find a juice you like, I bet you do great!

I'm saving all the juices I'm not crazy about in the hopes that I can get friends and family to start vaping.

Good luck and let us know when your pv gets here!

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
Welcome Sean!!
You can do this. I smoked for 40 years and kicked them with the help of ecigs and people on this board. What better incentive than a new baby! Congratulations! Juices are hit or miss. I thought I would love the fruity and chocolate coffee flavors so I bought them from everyone. LOL What I did find that I like are tobacco and colas.So it is subjective.Lots of suppliers have5ml samples that you can try before committing to 30ml of something you hate. Good Luck to you :)
So my names Sean and im pretty new to the E-Cigs. As of now i still am smoking due to a crapy start at vaping with a cheap $25 XHale 02 cig i picked up at a local 7-11. Im not sure how far i'll take this but im hoping it's going to help me quit my habit with real ciggs. I just had a son born on 5-5-11 so that mainly the reason im trying to quit plus the fact that its all around bad for me. Right now im waiting on a yeti i ordered from AltSmoke and i just received 2 bottles of e-liquid from FreedomSmokes that as of now dosent quite tastes that great but im going to give it a chance when i get the yeti. Sorry if i dont present myself that great on here... education wasnt my favorite thing in life lol

~Sean~

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
First don't base vaping on the ecig that you have. They're okay if you already vape and need an ecig to tie you until you get home.

Juice usually needs to steep for at least a week if it was made to order. One thing I will warn you about, what may taste gross when you first get it, may taste like heaven in 2 weeks. Your taste buds are still healing and will change constantly for the first month. Don't give up, we all went through this.

Welcome to ECF and if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

Congrats on the new little person.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places

Wolfstar

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
Oregon
Hey Fein, welcome to ECF. I'm fairly new here too, but have found a wealth of info to help me out. It's kinda strange, but I started out with the XHale 02 e-cig too! :facepalm: It wasn't a good e-cig at all, but it sure gives you the idea of whether or not e-cigs might work for you.

Congratulation on your new son!! That's so exciting and wonderful (children are wonderful creatures, maddening at times but nonetheless wonderful!) And I wouldn't worry about how you present yourself here. That isn't graded here, thankfully! Otherwise, I'd be in trouble...:)

Good luck with your Yeti, I sure hope it's an easy transition for you. You'll find that it's amazing when you get an e-cig that works decently, and juices do taste different using different voltages. I'm not sure what voltage the Yeti is, but I know for a FACT that it's better than the Xhale 02!! You'll probably be blown away with the difference.

When is your Yeti supposed to arrive? (we all stalk the mailman around here, it's one of our pastimes, besides hanging out here.) What flavored juices did you get?, I'm the curious type...sorry about that, but I can't change my stripes now it's too late. :?:

And if after you get your new e-cig and any questions or issues pop up, just come on back here and talk about it. You can get a lot of support here, if you just post it. Welcome again, and may all your e-cig dreams come true! :p

Last edited:

Fein

May 22, 2011
Washington
Thanks for all the info/comments. Im still learning all the lingo with these but i ordered my yeti (510) on friday so im thinking ill have it Tuesday maybe? The juices i purchased are MarBro red (new) and Mar-Bro which are both 24mg nic so maybe that has something to do with the taste? Either way i seen videos on youtube and found that i can cut it with VG so ill have to pick some up if thats the case. And ya the Xhale 02 was a good e-cig but after the carts dried up and i switched it with a cart made for another e-cig it didnt work so well.
Thanks Again
~Sean~

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
So my names Sean and im pretty new to the E-Cigs. As of now i still am smoking due to a crapy start at vaping with a cheap $25 XHale 02 cig i picked up at a local 7-11. Im not sure how far i'll take this but im hoping it's going to help me quit my habit with real ciggs. I just had a son born on 5-5-11 so thats mainly the reason im trying to quit plus the fact that its all around bad for me. Right now im waiting on a yeti i ordered from AltSmoke and i just received 2 bottles of e-liquid from FreedomSmokes that as of now dosent quite tastes that great but im going to give it a chance when i get the yeti. Sorry if i dont present myself that great on here... education wasnt my favorite thing in life lol

~Sean~

Welcome Sean, congratulations on your decision. I wish you the best of luck! To your health and your new life -- great way to start fatherhood.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
You can get some VG in Walmart in the pharmacy section and add a couple drops. It could be the juice is too strong or it just might be not so great juice. You could buy a vanilla juice and add a few drops to the MarBro to make it a little smoother too. I had one I didn't like and bought Baileys flavoring and added a couple drops to the juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread