New Halo Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamburglar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New Bern, NC
As far as I can tell it is 510. And I can screw the Triton-to-510 adapter onto the bottom of the tank. Guess what happens when you throw dual 0.5 ohm's at the triton battery...... lol the light just blinks. Someone was smart enough to make the triton battery Hamburglar proof. That's forward thinking :p

View media item 429120

hamburglar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New Bern, NC
Wow! I like all the pics.....very nice. Very good info wheezal and hamburglar. I love that the passthru is on the side and not at the bottom, also the tank has a strong resemblance to my beloved Starre tank. Ok, I'm SOLD! Thanks again for the great pics guys.

I'm so glad that you said this Diva. I believe this is exactly what this tank is. I just looked at pics and reviews of the Starre tank. And from just taking a quick 5 minute look, Halo is offering this tank and replacement coils cheaper than I can find anywhere else. Come to think of it.... The battery is also cheaper than any other reputable vendor I can find. So, thank you Halo for offering such a nice package at a good price!

JDJ

Dec 15, 2011
Austin, Texas
kinetic.org
Would someone who has got their hands (lips?) on one of the new Halo mods comment about the quantity of vapor produced? I never understood the trendy fascination with producing enormous clouds. What is the point of that, other than trying (failing) to look cool? I prefer the exact opposite. I want the hit, the taste, the feel... why the heck should I care what the exhale looks like? I vape for me, not for performance art.

I am quite satisfied with the quantity of vapor production (exhale) from my Tritons. Do these new Halo mods produce a similar quantity upon exhale (or ideally less), or are massive hipster clouds mandatory with a satisfying vape on the new devices?

hamburglar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New Bern, NC
hamburler what is the spec on this in terms of height and weight, for the mod only?

Ill see if I can find some sort of scale to put it on. I can say that it has a very balanced feel to it. And I can drop it in my pocket without it bothering me.

Would someone who has got their hands (lips?) on one of the new Halo mods comment about the quantity of vapor produced? I never understood the trendy fascination with producing enormous clouds. What is the point of that, other than trying (failing) to look cool? I prefer the exact opposite. I want the hit, the taste, the feel... why the heck should I care what the exhale looks like? I vape for me, not for performance art.

I am quite satisfied with the quantity of vapor production (exhale) from my Tritons. Do these new Halo mods produce a similar quantity upon exhale (or ideally less), or are massive hipster clouds mandatory with a satisfying vape on the new devices?

I am using both the Reactor and the Triton at different times, and in different places. I like the Triton for that simple routein drag/puff during the day. The Triton is also a lot more practical in an enclosed space....such as a car, girlfriends house, around the kids.....

With the Reactor, I am blowing clouds. Its really hard not to. And I enjoy that experience a lot. You may remember how that first cigarette of the day felt, or that one after a meal, or while you are drinking and cant get enough....lol Well take a nice 4-8 second pull on the big mod and you just got that 10 times over. It is extremely satisfying.

I notice also that juice has different flavors that come out at different wattage. The triton limits you to around 9-10 watts max with the available coils. There is some juice I like a lot more in the Reactor.

I think they both have their place for me. Its about appropriateness of the situation, and how I feel.

JDJ

Dec 15, 2011
Austin, Texas
kinetic.org
I am using both the Reactor and the Triton at different times, and in different places. I like the Triton for that simple routein drag/puff during the day. The Triton is also a lot more practical in an enclosed space....such as a car, girlfriends house, around the kids.....

With the Reactor, I am blowing clouds. Its really hard not to. And I enjoy that experience a lot. You may remember how that first cigarette of the day felt, or that one after a meal, or while you are drinking and cant get enough....lol Well take a nice 4-8 second pull on the big mod and you just got that 10 times over. It is extremely satisfying.

I notice also that juice has different flavors that come out at different wattage. The triton limits you to around 9-10 watts max with the available coils. There is some juice I like a lot more in the Reactor.

I think they both have their place for me. Its about appropriateness of the situation, and how I feel.

Very well-said and thank you for the information. Unfortunately, that makes the Reactor a non-starter for me. I pocket my device a lot and also strongly prefer a more discrete and understated form factor. I was eyeing the Tracer more than the Reactor for this reason, but after reading your response, I presume I would have the same issue with that too.

I do not want to "blow clouds" or whatever; I only want a satisfying and simple vape. I get that already with my Tritons and mini-tanks (they hit harder than the Triton tanks and are also way lower maintenance). The gadget nerd in me always wants to try something new, but it sounds like I should sit this round out and stick with my current kit. I will keep my fingers crossed that "subtle and understated" is the next trend. :)

hamburglar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New Bern, NC
Very well-said and thank you for the information. Unfortunately, that makes the Reactor a non-starter for me. I pocket my device a lot and also strongly prefer a more discrete and understated form factor. I was eyeing the Tracer more than the Reactor for this reason, but after reading your response, I presume I would have the same issue with that too.

I do not want to "blow clouds" or whatever; I only want a satisfying and simple vape. I get that already with my Tritons and mini-tanks (they hit harder than the Triton tanks and are also way lower maintenance). The gadget nerd in me always wants to try something new, but it sounds like I should sit this round out and stick with my current kit. I will keep my fingers crossed that "subtle and understated" is the next trend. :)

I agree that the sub-ohm vaping is a trend kind of thing. Personally, I like both. And while I am talking about the new Reactor a lot, I still use and enjoy the Triton.

Reactions: jwbnyc

lindam

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Massachusetts
I just got the Tracer a few days ago and I really like it. It's different from my Triton. That said, I ordered the 12 mg VG (I use 18 mg in my Triton); big mistake!! It nearly took my head off, way too strong so I have since ordered 1.5 mg and am waiting for that to arrive. The Tracer is definitely not something you can just put in your shirt pocket; it's too heavy but since I carry a purse it works for me. BTW, it weighs 5.3 ounces loaded.

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
I just got the Tracer a few days ago and I really like it. It's different from my Triton. That said, I ordered the 12 mg VG (I use 18 mg in my Triton); big mistake!! It nearly took my head off, way too strong so I have since ordered 1.5 mg and am waiting for that to arrive. The Tracer is definitely not something you can just put in your shirt pocket; it's too heavy but since I carry a purse it works for me. BTW, it weighs 5.3 ounces loaded.

i stuff it in my pants....for teh ladies....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread