New Hellfire mech squonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Looks like Hellfire is getting into the BF mod game. They are prototyping right now. Pretty sure I'm going to need one of these.

edit: I'm removing the pics due to a good point raised by a fellow ECFer. If you want to see the pics there is a Hellfire FB group you may join.

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Looks like Hellfire is getting into the BF mod game. They are prototyping right now. Pretty sure I'm going to need one of these.

edit: I'm removing the pics due to a good point raised by a fellow ECFer. If you want to see the pics there is a Hellfire FB group you may join.

Not a Facebook member, I'm an adult.
Not interested if that's how they roll.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Not a Facebook member, I'm an adult.
Not interested if that's how they roll.

It's not how THEY roll, inswva removed the images because low life people will send the images to China and we will have clones before the first authentic hits the market. I think it was done out of respect to Hellfire.

It is an amazing piece but am afraid it will be way out of my vape budget (assume a good $450+) and only will be in 18500 at launch (from what I can see).

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
It's not how THEY roll, inswva removed the images because low life people will send the images to China and we will have clones before the first authentic hits the market. I think it was done out of respect to Hellfire.

It is an amazing piece but am afraid it will be way out of my vape budget (assume a good $450+) and only will be in 18500 at launch (from what I can see).

I was referring to anyone that thinks Facebook is an acceptable way to do business.
Do they have a business address?
Phone number?
Business lisc?
Can I at least look at the product or do I have to be a cool Facebook user?
Is it so high priced that they need to "get theirs" before China duplicates it exactly for $20?

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I was referring to anyone that thinks Facebook is an acceptable way to do business.
Do they have a business address?
Phone number?
Business lisc?
Can I at least look at the product or do I have to be a cool Facebook user?
Is it so high priced that they need to "get theirs" before China duplicates it exactly for $20?

They have all of the above - google would help you instead of just complaining about Facebook. Funny thing is I only use Facebook to buy gear you can't find otherwise.

Hellfire Mods - Master Attysmith - Hand crafted atomisers and mods for discerning vapers

FYI - China never makes clones anywhere close to the actual quality of what is being cloned. If you really look at the people having problems with performance or safety, it is typically a clone that caused it.

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
I know what you mean about the VF Squonk. That was a huge reason I listed mine for sale 15 minutes after receiving it.
The 510 connection on the Hellfire is unlike anything we've seen on squonkers so far I think.
The HF is being designed from the ground up for squonking. Unlike the Flask where they just tried to cram a squonker into an existing device and didn't do so hot.
Yes, it's going to be expensive but it's going to be one helluva device.

Seriously?! There's this little thing called research & development. You know, the hard part of creating a mod. Somebody has to actually do the work and create the device first before the cloners can steal it.
The mod makers have every right to make a living creating devices for us. Not sure why you have such a problem with that.
You seem to like quantity over quality. That's cool and all but this ain't the thread for you apparently.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Seriously?! There's this little thing called research & development. You know, the hard part of creating a mod. Somebody has to actually do the work and create the device first before the cloners can steal it.

As a retired owner of an auto parts manufacturing company, I disagree.
No one needs to "R&D" a flashlight.
This is primitive electronics, not a processor chip. Maybe test the design aesthetics and pricing, but that's about it.

I understand their reasoning, however it's flawed, and tells me they aren't very experienced in production or operating a real business.
That's okay, but not exactly someone I would spend a huge a mount of
Money with on a product they keep hidden until orders cover production costs.
Everyone gets copied in every industry.
Build your product better than everyone else, and do it at a "Fair Market Price" and you don't To worry about cloners.
$400 for a mechanical box mod IMHO isn't in line with market value.
Twice the price of a REO?
Seriously?

You seem to like quantity over quality. That's cool and all but this ain't the thread for you apparently.

You have no idea what I Iike so stop the personal insults.
I Prefer quality, however I'm educated, and experienced in manufacturing and business and I know exactly what it costs to make a mod, and how to run a successful business.
I ran my business for 22 years and sold it when I retired.
This industry is chock-full of poorly ran businesses.

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Man the "over-designed flashlight" analogy is so overplayed. This isn't just some tube with a switch, it's a squonker that has been designed from the ground up with Hellfire quality.
If it's not for you then why are you in this thread? To simply bash the maker or to try and belittle others who are actually interested in this?
If Hellfire didn't know how to run a business then I'm sure they wouldn't be successful. However they seem to do quite nicely making low production, high end gear.

That wasn't a personal insult. It was an observation about your statement of having 110 mods and the fact that you're one of the biggest clone fans I've seen. You never seem to fail to show up touting your love of clones, even in threads that have nothing to do with them.
There's plenty of other threads where you can talk about clones. This one's about the Hellfire Squonker. If you have no interest in one and are only here to bash it then again, why are you here?

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
:facepalm:
Don't start the clone bashing. I have 110 mechanicals in my collection that disagree with your statement.

$450?
Well now..lol that explains it.

If you'd buy quality products you wouldn't need 110 mechanicals? ;)

Clones have their place, just not in a Hellfire (or any authentic device) thread. Not good forum etiquette....

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
If you'd buy quality products you wouldn't need 110 mechanicals? ;)

Clones have their place, just not in a Hellfire (or any authentic device) thread. Not good forum etiquette....

1. I didnt mention clones. I mentioned poor business models.

2. I repair mods for 3 B&M stores, hence all the mods.
I don't NEED them.
Your logic is horribly flawed

Reactions: muzichead

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I think I found a picture of it through some google searching. It looks like a stainless steel mech box with brass top button switch. Its single 18650, since the other half of it holds the bottle. I kind of wish, for the price, that it would be made of a more conductive metal, like copper or even silver or gold. It does look nice, but its probably not much different than other similar mods, though.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I think I found a picture of it through some google searching. It looks like a stainless steel mech box with brass top button switch. Its single 18650, since the other half of it holds the bottle. I kind of wish, for the price, that it would be made of a more conductive metal, like copper or even silver or gold. It does look nice, but its probably not much different than other similar mods, though.

It is a 18500 right now (or at least what all the images have been). I think it will take user demand to get them to go to a 18650. Their products are typically for a 1+ ohm mesh wick, hence all the 18350/500 mods they build.

The raptor was the first rebuildable that has larger than a 1mm air hole. That should tell you why it is currently a 18500 mod ;)

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
18500 will be acceptable but I'd really prefer an 18650.
I just can't get into the whole 18350 thing. Not a fan of mesh either.

I kind of wish, for the price, that it would be made of a more conductive metal, like copper or even silver or gold. It does look nice, but its probably not much different than other similar mods, though.
Why? Copper, silver and gold are way too soft to hold up to any abuse. How many other mods out there are made of silver or gold?
It is quite different than other similar mods, that's for sure ;)

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Oh you can believe there's going to be atty's for it :D
I think I saw mention today of a possible native threaded atty for it.
There's already the 14mm Viper and the 22mm short cranked BF atty by Hellfire and I think some more may be in the works.
Personally, I'm in love with the Viper. I've got 2 Odins and a Challice III that sit unused. I've got 2 Vipers and want more.

All I know is Hellfire squonker with native threaded atty...Hells yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread