new IQOS Phillip Morris, can you buy in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louiseh89

Dec 30, 2015
Hi

I am new here, looking for an answer for my dad. He smokes Marlboro lights and has done for the past 30 years (40+ a day)
He tried a friends IQOS a few days ago and says they are very close to the real thing. He would like to buy one for himself to help him quit, so far nothing else has worked.
I have been researching online and cannot find anywhere to buy them apart from Milan or Japan? There is not much information online about them!
Does anyone know where these can be purchased in England or abroad with a shipping option to the UK?
If anyone knows any way these can be sourced in the UK you would be a life saver (literally!)
If not it looks like I am going to Italy to pick some up as would really like to help him quit! If this turns out to be our only option does anyone know if they are widely available in Milan or where you buy them from? It would only be a whistle stop to pick this up so would want to know exactly where to go to get a stock.

Thank you

Louise

Reactions: David Wolf

Louiseh89

Dec 30, 2015
crxess
Thank you for your opinion. I am not asking anyone to support Marlboro or any of the tobacco corporate giants, I completely agree regarding the massive tobacco corporations.
HOWEVER...... my father has smoked for as long as I can remember, I have (unsuccessfully) showed him other e-cig brands and even tried giving him herbal cigarettes! The e-cig and patches worked for me but they do not for him, I guess because his addiction is further ingrained.
The iQOS is the only thing he has tried that he is really willing to give a proper go and hopefully kick the habit for good. Tobacco addiction as I presume most of the members on here (and I) know is a very hard addiction to stop so I will help my dad in any way I can and yes that includes getting on a plane to Milan if absolutely necessary! Of course I would rather find the answer in the UK hence my post on here hoping that someone else may know where they can be sourced.
If anyone does have any information regarding sourcing this product in the UK or shipping to the UK I would really appreciate it
Thank you

Louise

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
No, I agree, do whatever it takes and give him every chance to quit. I just do not see me ever supporting the very people deeply entrenched in destroying Vaping as we know it.(For Profits)
I Googled for a Bit before posting and your choices for purchasing are extremely limited. Do you know anyone In Milan? Perhaps they could ship to you.

My biggest concern is you may not be doing what you think

Phillip Morris (Marlboro) iQOS a flop?

Just what is the IQOS in comparison to e-cigs vs. Tobacco?
What is contained within?

Just my Gut screaming don't, but Best of luck to you and yours.:)

Reactions: David Wolf

Louiseh89

Dec 30, 2015
Crxess

Thank you, unfortunately we do not know anyone in Milan or Japan.. that would be a great solution! I have done a lot of research on the internet (info is fairly limited) so I know feedback on it is not fantastic as a whole but then everyone is different, patches and e-cig's worked wonders for me but other people cant stand them. I cannot get on with flavoured vapours but know people they worked well for, it is all down to personal taste I guess and any option has to be better than the "real" cigarettes (where the giants make most their money)
My dad's friend brought the iQOS back from holiday (he is a heavy smoker like my dad) and hasn't smoked since so I think this further spurred my dads enthusiasm for this product in particular. I am hoping it is just a stepping stone to quitting completely.

Thank you again

Louise

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    It really doesn't matter what you buy your dad for a first e-cig, he will want something different in a month anyway. But, for $80 you can do a lot better than the iQSO.
    Going to Milan every time he need more cartridges probably isn't gonna work to well.

I would suggest that you go to a local vape shop, and ask about starter kits. Maybe take your dad along with you so that he can at least see what's available.

Last edited:
    Reactions: sparkky1

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2013
    East Midlands, United Kingdom
    I've read as much as I could find about the IQOS and from the little I could find this is a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing as it still uses tobacco and though they claim no smoke or tar it hasn't been released long enough for there to be any independent tests on it. I also find it a little odd they are testing it out in just Italy and Japan but that might just be my growing cynicism. Maybe have a look at jacvapour in the UK they are on the more expensive side but offer a decent range for a beginner to find out if vaping will work for them and they were very responsive to questions when I last used them though that was over 3 years ago. Maybe something for you to look into is WTA liquid as that has helped many that needed a bit more then standard juice, I'm not very up on that but there are members here who are and can give you any additional help you might need. Your dad has made one of the biggest steps by deciding to try alternatives I wish you and your dad all the best in finding something that suits him.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Orlando, FL
    Good luck to you helping your father and to him on quitting. My concerns for the IQOS have already been mentioned, but reading that it has a metal rod that pierces the cigarette as a heating element just doesn't sell it for me. Something like that will most likely burn the tobacco, as the heating element is in contact with it. It might not be as much as just lighting up a cigarette obviously, but IMO there would be some burning in there.

larry90066

Oct 27, 2013
    Los Angeles
    I enjoy the flavors of eliquids but for pure satisfaction I find nothing compares to real tobacco leaf. For me at least, WTA didn't do anything. However, the heatsticks do and before that nasal snuff such as the excellent variety that you can get in the UK. Ironically enough, I order nasal snuff from your country and have it shipped to me here in the US. I like Sir Walter Scott, Abraxis and Fribourg and Treyer.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 24, 2014
    Jakarta- Indonesia
    • Deleted by Spencer87
    • Reason: Deleted
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread