New iTaste VTR (not released)

Discussion in 'Variable Voltage APV Discussion' started by bikerbeagle, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bikerbeagle

bikerbeagle Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

As of yesterday, Innokin announced the name their new MVP the "iTaste VTR" after a facebook poll they've been running over the past few weeks, here's the link.

I gotta say, I'm a little urked. People have been rumoring a new iTaste MVP for a while now, but then Innokin put out a statement saying this was all rumor and there was no new MVP being developed (and no plans to be developed) - admittedly, that was last year, but still ...so I went ahead and bought my MVP just the other day. Now I find out there is a new one developed? I get why they did that, they don't want people waiting for the new one and cutting into their MVP sales, but it urks me nonetheless.

My own fault, really. My research was faulty and based on outdated information.

2. BmoreDoug

BmoreDoug Full Member

Looks like a good pocket vape. Thanks for sharing.

3. chellemmm

chellemmm Chihuahua Queen ECF Veteran

Irked. Irked.

4. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I almost ordered a mvp but decided to wait and awhile and see if anything comes up on the new version. this one looks great. wonder if you will still be able to charge your phone with it, that feature is great

5. bikerbeagle

bikerbeagle Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Doubtful. There are other photos of it on the facebook page, one showing the bottom, and it looks like it has an access door to accept a single 18xxx battery.

6. sawtoothscream

sawtoothscream Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

hmmm, will probably still go MVP then. MVP looks like a nicer carry, this looks like its going to be really thick.

7. RPadTV

RPadTV Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

That's not a "new MVP," as you put it. It's an entirely different product line.

Think about the release date of the MVP and then think about product cycles. I would expect at least one more box mod from Innokin before the end of the year. Think about how the iTaste VV was recently refreshed with variable-wattage. Now project from there. I'm not going to say anything outright, but I think you can figure it out. :)

8. JuiceIsLoose

JuiceIsLoose Full Member

I like the design of the VTR but ponder the tank,

If I can screw on the new Kanger Mini Pro Tank, then I'm all for it! My plan is to modify the Mini and trim the mouthpiece down so I can add
    an adapter tube to hold a plastic drip tip. Drop the box on the drip tip, it won't break the tank and I can swap tips. Must be patient with this one, wait for the video reviews so I can get an idea if my modification idea will play out.

9. mooshi

mooshi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Too bad they couldn't go with VIP. haha :)

I'm excited for this release. I'm unsure how I feel about the tank though. Would it be just the "proprietary" iClear that would fit? Excited, nonetheless. :D

10. l0stm4n

l0stm4n Senior Member ECF Veteran

really looking forward to this one, hopefully it will work with anything and everything not just the iclear.
    another thing i think that the itaste vw that just came out has a flat signal, so we can hope that the vtr or any potential mvp revisions will also have a flat signal

11. vernhall

vernhall Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Looks like a sweet little rig!!

12. DudeAbides

DudeAbides Senior Member ECF Veteran

A door for a 18xxx? That dial opposite the drip tip on the top? I like it. Boxy is good.

13. Crocky

Crocky Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Anyone know the ETA on this?

14. Imperious Rex

Imperious Rex Full Member

And I just ordered an MVP. If this is VW and goes to 6v I will be kicking myself for not holding off on buying another mod. From the photo it looks like the iClear 30 is the preferred delivery method for the device though.

15. vrodder

vrodder Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Was going to get an mVP till I got lucky to see ********'s mention of the VTR. It looks like it'll fill my needs for an out & about device. :drool:

So far no release date yet. :(

If I remember, I think it will accept 19mm delivery device. I think that is the size of the iClear 30.

16. Ghiro

Ghiro Full Member

Can't wait.
    My father in law keep using my BF ModBox and i gotta find some goodie for him, this one is perfect for the old man.
    Hope it'll come out very soon.

17. smacuser

smacuser avid vapper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    IMHO, I can come up with 3 things that could make the MVP still a relevant buy;

1) price point
    2) battery life
    3) ability to put about anything on top without it looking stupid.

18. vrodder

vrodder Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You & me both. Hey,,,I resemble that remark!! :laugh:
    No argument here. My first choice for what I want for out & about till I saw the VTR. With my Vamo, I found i like the 'set & forget' of VW. Afraid I'd knock the top off in my pocket. Now if the VTR is too much higher than the MVP, then MVP it is. Back to a little in the head math. :|

VAPE ON !!!! :vapor:

19. RPadTV

RPadTV Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Innokin posted photos of the iTaste VTR holster. Wucha think?

[​IMG]

20. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I like the holster. But to tell the truth, I just want my V3 MVP :)

The VTR is nice, but MVP v3 is better :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.