• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New JB problem - turns off - bad switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecitek

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Earth
Just discovered a problem with my JB. When I am holding down the switch it turns off after a few seconds. Hit the switch again, it turns off after a couple of seconds. Hit ti a few times and it goes right off.

So - Does Carlos read these posts and can I contact him about problems like this?

Has anybody else had this problem? I did a search, but it seems most people have a problem with the switch sticking. I think I have a bad switch.

DAMN.

I'll replace the darn thing myself if I know what kind will work. Suggestions? Contact info for Carlos?

sl2222

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
NC-USA
Try emailing him at...
JuiceBoxMod@hotmail.com

Just discovered a problem with my JB. When I am holding down the switch it turns off after a few seconds. Hit the switch again, it turns off after a couple of seconds. Hit ti a few times and it goes right off.

So - Does Carlos read these posts and can I contact him about problems like this?

Has anybody else had this problem? I did a search, but it seems most people have a problem with the switch sticking. I think I have a bad switch.

DAMN.

I'll replace the darn thing myself if I know what kind will work. Suggestions? Contact info for Carlos?

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
I had the EXACT same problem with mine. I emailed juicebox, juicy told me to send it in for repair with a note stating what my issues were. I sent it USPS with a tracking number to make sure he got it. USPS shows it arrived 4 days ago, my note asked carlos to email me with an estimate of how long it would take to fix. I have not received any word from Carlos yet. I've emailed juicebox for the last 3 days just asking that they verify it was delivered to i know for sure he has it. Juicy has responded but hasn't been able to confirm with carlos yet that he has received it.

So yes, send it in for repair, but don't expect good communication.

*Edit:
[juicebox just sent me a message (i've emailed them everyday asking for shipment received verification) they say - "whats your real name? carlos has received a few boxes"

I put my real name on the outside shippng box and included my email address in the hand written note I sent with my box. My conclusion, their idiots, and are doing anything they can to stretch out the time they have to repair the box.

*Edit 2
received a message from Carlos through Juicy saying my box should be mailed back with repairs made this weekend, if its Saturday it would be only 9 mail days he needed to have it to repair it. That would be a very impressive turnaround if it happens

You'd think that after it took him 10 1/2 weeks to build it wouldn't be a broken POS with a jumble of wires just jammed in the box but oh well.

But the thing did vape like a champ and made juices taste much sweeter than a regular vape untill it broke 6 days after i received it.

Most of the posters in this forum are former juicebox owners who have sent them in for repair.

*edit
Hey clyde and Kuya, did you guys get your repaired boxes back yet? did you get estimates of how long it will be?

Last edited:

Gesagen

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Massachusetts
I'm wondering is anyone can come up with an answer. One of my JB's was acting the same way, as to the 3 or 4 second power cut off problem. I validated it wasn't the switch, since I had a 2nd to swap the atty out and try in the good box. Definitely the atty. Fully charged battery, still same thing.
Ok, now a few weeks later and box #2 is doing the same thing, just not as often. From what I'm assuming is that either, 1- the atty is shorting, making the protective circuit in the battery kill power, thus lite & atty go out. Or, 2- the battery is getting such a demand from the atty, that its killing power due to discharge protection going off.
Now I may be barking up the wrong tree here, but does it sound possible? The more the atty gets "seasoned", the more power it draws and the battery just can't cope? When you hit off it, the 3-5 second till cut off, the atty works great. Hit it again, same thing, 3-5 seconds. This makes it a PIA to vape.
I'm using the UltraFire LC 18650 2400mAh gray jacket protected batterys.
Crippledbazooka and Sl2222, what kind of batterys were you using in the JB? Just trying to narrow things down a bit here...

Gesagen

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA
I'm using the UltraFire LC 18650 2400mAh gray jacket protected batterys.

Me to.

1- the atty is shorting, making the protective circuit in the battery kill power, thus lite & atty go out. Or, 2- the battery is getting such a demand from the atty, that its killing power due to discharge protection going off.

I think the excessive wires bunched together is causing the short.
Like i said carlos says he should be shipping mine back to me this weekend, we'll see if he explains why this happend and how to avoid it again in a note to send along with it(yeah rite).

And about a seasoned atty drawing to much current - I'd used my JB exclusivly for 6 days dripping only when my cutoff started happening, not much seasoning done imho

Gesagen

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Massachusetts
I think the excessive wires bunched together is causing the short.
Like i said carlos says he should be shipping mine back to me this weekend, we'll see if he explains why this happend and how to avoid it again in a note to send along with it(yeah rite).

And about a seasoned atty drawing to much current - I'd used my JB exclusivly for 6 days dripping only when my cutoff started happening, not much seasoning done imho

I checked my wires and they were fine. I even swapped the atty to a different Jb and it did the same thing, so it it was the atty that was the problem. I too thought it was the bundled wires, but it was ok.

However, I took the troubled JB, took off the rubber tip, stuck some TP
in, to catch remaining liquid and turned it upside down for a few hours.

Now, it was going great, with 1 drop of juice in it, still no bottle screwed on yet.Continued to vape till the 1 drop was gone.
Added 2 drops after no more vapor, but lite was still on. Got about 3 good vapes off it, then back to the original problem, lite only on for 3-5 seconds.

Now I see what could be the problem here, but want to do more extensive testing.

Gesagen

sl2222

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
NC-USA
I'm using the same batteries and also use the AW red 1600 mAh.
No problems cutting out here.
I have on MANY occasions left that button pressed for 10-15 seconds to 'fry' that flooding away. This is one tough atty.

18650 2400mAh gray jacket protected batterys.
Crippledbazooka and Sl2222, what kind of batterys were you using in the JB? Just trying to narrow things down a bit here...

Gesagen

Hey clyde and Kuya, did you guys get your repaired boxes back yet? did you get estimates of how long it will be?

Nope & I haven't Asked yet.
I have skyped him & He hasn't replied So I'm Unsure
But tomorrow I will email Janice & see if she could find out if she talks to him.
Carlo's I know has been busy & wants to get this all done & Caught up
& Get himself ahead for the next batch instead of making a long waiting period.

& Yes I am awaiting my Atty. I did not send the box in Just the atty as the box is fine. If the switch Breaks it breaks I can repair it.
But I prefer the atty to be worked on by him. & Nobody else sofar.
I miss it. & hope to have it soon. hehe.

Well off to bed & Back to irc chat.
hopefully next time someone will message me if they ask me a question & lead me to the post to read haha.

sl2222

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
NC-USA
That was the only problem with mine. I just did a jury-rig on it and it's fine.
I may just put a bit more solder on the top terminal so the alignment isn't so critical but for now it's working as expected.

OH ya For problems with light on and off Have you verified your battery is in good connection also?
some of the helpers he had did not align the posts properly.
Instead of me making Carlo's fix that I will do it myself.
Much Easier & faster Oh ya I know how to do it LOL

That was the only problem with mine. I just did a jury-rig on it and it's fine.
I may just put a bit more solder on the top terminal so the alignment isn't so critical but for now it's working as expected.

Yup I have my box here but not atty & Im breaking the epoxy loose to mount the terminals properly.

Everyone tells him to get help building these things. Well try finding competent help LOL.

No Offence to those that has helped But crap needs to be done properly.

Im almost willing to purchase another JB cause I want mine finished & back. LOL

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
no way to ream the hole out?

The hole is there but no flow. think its inside. 2 days and no response from JB email. I'll send another email tomorrow. The good working one is acting up now. Juice turning dark quick and burnt flavor (even with fresh drips on the atty). I'm gonna give the atty a lather rinse repeat and see how it goes from there. Good thing I got the trusty V2. I get a hit when I push that button every time. I'm beginning to feel that dripping on a normal mod like the V2 is just plain less of a hassle than messing with a JB. Oh well, there are more upcoming advances in modern science:D. I cant believe I never screwed the bottle on my "back up" to notice the air issue.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
hey guys, for those still waiting for pics of the atty to try to help you fix your JB's, i talked to the friend i sent it to today and he said he'll try to get pics this week. his camera is not great, so he'll do the best he can. he's working a lot of overtime and isn't online much.

still thinking of you JB owners and hope you get your boxes sorted out. could be a multiple of problems, and sending the defective ones back is probably the best way.

i'll post pics as soon as i get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread