New Jersey Vape Expo Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
This hasn't hit the news yet, I just saw it on Twitter. State Senator Joe Vitale has effectively shut down the Vape Expo event in New Jersey and has issued this warning:

CKOLgNbUwAI60MD.jpg

Reactions: nicnik

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
The place looked pretty hazy for no vaping going on. It actually looked as expected, which means I will never go to a vape expo, unless I decide to get into the black t-shirt business- men's sizes only, but none larger than xl...
I think it has been announced the NJ wine festival will take place in a dry county...

Reactions: Sirius

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
The place looked pretty hazy for no vaping going on. It actually looked as expected, which means I will never go to a vape expo, unless I decide to get into the black t-shirt business- men's sizes only, but none larger than xl...
I think it has been announced the NJ wine festival will take place in a dry county...

People were vaping anyway until the "health department" showed up with the police. That's why it's not as hazy as it should have been.

Reactions: Sirius

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
When all the vendors sue the venue for violation of contract, and they in turn sue the health department, heads will roll. Should be an easy win. Of course, a few armed people standing up for their rights would have set things straight as well. Strength in numbers, a few cops wouldn't stand a chance against an angry and smart mob. Some mech mods would make good clubs...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Pavilions are covered as far as I can tell, the designated vaping "pavilion" sure didn't look covered in the video. I'm sure that would be an easy way to get off the hook on the ticket. "Couldn't find the pavilion, so I vaped in the covered area that I paid to be in..."

That really isn't how the law works. No vaping inside or a fine doesn't stipulate vaping inside is ok under certain circumstances...
The organizers and promoters of the event are the ones who should pay the fines...

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
That really isn't how the law works. No vaping inside or a fine doesn't stipulate vaping inside is ok under certain circumstances...
If they are claiming to provide an area to vape and it doesn't exist, then they don't have the right to prosecute you.

I'm sure vendors paid for spots expecting to be able to demonstrate their products. Without that option, would they have paid? No. The health board made up bs rules that they did not have the right to and used traitors with badges to enforce them. A criminal system enforcing criminal "rules" to discriminate against people that didn't want to fork over a criminal amount of taxes to smoke. Simple nazi policies discriminating against vapers.

Why are you sticking up for them? If the people stick up for their rights, they could cost the "board of health" and the cops enough money to make them leave vapers alone.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
If they are claiming to provide an area to vape and it doesn't exist, then they don't have the right to prosecute you.

I'm sure vendors paid for spots expecting to be able to demonstrate their products. Without that option, would they have paid? No. The health board made up bs rules that they did not have the right to and used traitors with badges to enforce them. A criminal system enforcing criminal "rules" to discriminate against people that didn't want to fork over a criminal amount of taxes to smoke. Simple nazi policies discriminating against vapers.

Why are you sticking up for them? If the people stick up for their rights, they could cost the "board of health" and the cops enough money to make them leave vapers alone.

If you say so. That's simply not reality...

Reactions: mcginnis314

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
If you say so. That's simply not reality...
I've won quite a few court cases by going for civil rights violations. Juries are tired of government bullying people. Even anti-vapers understand that a vaping convention is not for people scared of vaping. And people see that as a misappropriation of funds, sending cops to spoil a convention. With the other problems Jersey has, those cops had way better places to be. Huge waste of time and taxpayer money to be a thorn in someone's side.

Again, why are you sticking up for the anti-vaping crowd?

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
I just saw a post on the NJ Vape Expo FB page. Seems that the problem was, the event organizers didn't get the necessary permits. The event organizers and the health officials met behind closed doors for awhile, and then an announcement was made over the PA system that the ban had been lifted and it was OK to vape on the event floor. So even though today was a bust, they've still got tomorrow, the last day of the event.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
if vaping is so dangerous then why is the board of health endangering the health of police officers
To protect all the vapers on the floor of that expo center from themselves, of course. Farmers need to protect their livestock.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I've won quite a few court cases by going for civil rights violations. Juries are tired of government bullying people. Even anti-vapers understand that a vaping convention is not for people scared of vaping. And people see that as a misappropriation of funds, sending cops to spoil a convention. With the other problems Jersey has, those cops had way better places to be. Huge waste of time and taxpayer money to be a thorn in someone's side.

Again, why are you sticking up for the anti-vaping crowd?

I just don't see that, at all... I'm not defending anyone, other than the truth and reality of the situation. One trying to get out of a vaping ticket claiming a civil rights violation defense would be laughed out of court...
Unless the police were on overtime or hired just for the event, there was no extra taxpayer money spent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread