Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I've tried both coils and they are both good. I have not tried the "new" BVC coils with organic cotton (as opposed to the ceramic wick ones from before), but I liked the old ones just fine. The BVC has a more 'smooth' vape to me while the GS packs a little more punch. But with the GS coils, you will not have to change the metal pin on the bottom.

Btw, my possessed Egrip magically started working again. I don't know what changed. It goes from working to not working randomly. Usually when it works, it works for a long time before it randomly stops working in the middle of me vaping. I drew air slowly through the USB port for a little bit... yea I was out of options, I was trying everything to get it to work lol. Maybe it likes having air sucked out of it from the charge port. When its working, the Egrip gives me a solid vape. I also have leaking problems with it though, it's pretty annoying when I have it in my purse and I know its just soaking into my purse lining.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Interesting! I tried it at 25watts, with my RBA, 10 wraps, 28g kanthal, 1.2 ohms. Burnt taste. I usually vape between 12.5-15 watts. Perhaps different builds would do better, but I'm a beginner builder. I went back to the 20watt default. Seems according to the video you lose a bit of accuracy as well. Cool find on the menu hack though!

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
Don't know if any of you that have the new 20W oled egrip have seen this but it seems you can make it a 30W device very easily.

German video, though the pertinent parts have English subs:

Neat trick. I tried and it worked but of no use to me because the coils I wind I vape at a little more than 12W and am happy with that.

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
Has anyone else got a metallic aftertaste from their egrip?
I get a very strong metallic taste in the end and ruins my vape :(
Flavour does come through at the beginning.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
No, sorry that has never happened to me and I have vaped on 5 different ones.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Don't know if any of you that have the new 20W oled egrip have seen this but it seems you can make it a 30W device very easily.

German video, though the pertinent parts have English subs:

I tried this several times but never could make it above the 20W limit.

Edit- I did get it to go up to 30W finally- the trick is to set it to 20W to begin with, turn off 9with 5 clicks) and then click 10 times to get to temp setting, turn off again, and then go slowly at the end and stop at EXACTLY 30 clicks and 30W will be displayed!

Last edited:

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I have also joined the OLED family! I love this thing!! I also cut out the cover with an exacto knife. One word on this- you don't have to get the opening as wide as the screen- go smaller...the lit part is narrower than the actual window! I also have leather covers that I used with my older eGrips- tempted to try and cut one of them too. Also someone asked about other small stealth vapes- my suggestion is the Reo Mini (original small size) as Rob at Reosmods.com is making them again and has pictures of them up on his site- about to go on sale. I have 3 of these- otherwise I would be tempted, although the prices are rather steep...still you can't go wrong with a Reo, especially with the new floating 510 connector, gold contacts, the RM2 Atty (get the low profile or LP model) and a few other improvements- it is a Mech Mod so don't expect control like you get with the eGrip but if you build your coil correctly it is truly awesome!!

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
@icebat I lost my o-ring/gasket today and was out of my mind. Thank you so much for posting that I could use it from the stock coil! A++++ for you :thumbs:
With mine I got several replacement rings and juice hole sealers. I don't use the side filler though, I just unscrew the bottom to fill. I got mine about a month ago, maybe it's new that they are adding replacements??

Reactions: Dimplegirl

Dimplegirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
New Jersey
With mine I got several replacement rings and juice hole sealers. I don't use the side filler though, I just unscrew the bottom to fill. I got mine about a month ago, maybe it's new that they are adding replacements??

I got those o-rings. I was talking about the one that goes on the top of the RBA chimney.

eww245

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2014
PA
Hi, I've had mine for probably a month now and just changed out the coil. Has anyone tried to rebuild these, or is the only option buying new ones? I love it so far, no problems, no leaking and get great vape from it! Love the size too, easy to take out without being huge and obnoxious! :)
The heads can be rebuild I haven't done an egrip specifically as i use the rba. Look up eleaf gs air rebuild videos, the head is pretty much the same and are interchangeable between them. I've rebuild a gs air head plenty of times and i feel it works better than the stock coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread