dd3f0a8fc3945ae66c2205864c3f46fb.jpg

Last edited:

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I've got a ego one aswell with the rebuildable coil, will that fit in the new base for the e grip? That would be extremely convenient for me!
Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
I believe you have to have the CL base- the body of the eGrip appears the same and I can't imagine joyetech making different versions of the body. Maybe they will start selling the CL base separately too, like they do the rba base.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I believe you have to have the CL base- the body of the eGrip appears the same and I can't imagine Joyetech making different versions of the body. Maybe they will start selling the CL base separately too, like they do the RBA base.
The base is very big on the ego one. I don't see how that will fit, plus it has the 510 connector.
Unless I'm confused?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
You can also get something like 50 premade coils for around $3 on fasttech's site

Noob here. First wrapped my palm around my woodie a week ago..... Ahhhhh...... Puppy love!:hubba: So impressed that I got me a blackie 2 days later. I've been reading every word of this thread for the last 3 days. Finding the RBA to be getting more and more interesting. This is probably the 3rd time that I've seen these pre-twisted pre-wicked coils mentioned. Unbelievable price... had to look. And look, and look again...finally....pulled the trigger.... HOW could I pass on 2 RBAs @ $7,55ea? 50 coils...a black SS driptip for blackie....wooden one for woodie.... AND to pay it forward... 10 sanitary driptip covers in the hope that I can show some other truckers how to finally kick the stinkies and breath again. Now on the other hand..... would someone PLEASE :censored: STOP ME!!!!!!! I started this journey to SAVE MONEY!!!!! Seriously tho I don't think there's anything left to buy until the eGrips keel over... Oh yeah still haven't found MY price for a 510 adapter.:glare: Oh yeah.... Muji or KGD (KDG?):glare: Oh yeah.... Mascara brushes :glare: Oh yeah that autistic windy gizmo :glare: Oh yeah..... HONEY HIDE MY CARDS AGAIN!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dimplegirl

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I have an early egrip with RBA which I don't carry very often only because once in a while, for no apparent reason, it will leak copiously. If I could reliably solve that problem it would get a lot more use. I wish joytech could come up with a modified rba that is more resistant to leaking. Or, can anyone suggest steps I might take to address the issue or has Joytech come up with any new design? I might try to find or make a belt mounted pouch so I don't have to carry it in a pocket. Then if it leaks it doesn't matter.

It's frustrating. The form factor is in a class by itself. There is plenty of battery and eliquid capacity for many situations and the flavor is excellent.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I have an early egrip with RBA which I don't carry very often only because once in a while, for no apparent reason, it will leak copiously. If I could reliably solve that problem it would get a lot more use. I wish joytech could come up with a modified rba that is more resistant to leaking. Or, can anyone suggest steps I might take to address the issue or has Joytech come up with any new design? I might try to find or make a belt mounted pouch so I don't have to carry it in a pocket. Then if it leaks it doesn't matter.

It's frustrating. The form factor is in a class by itself. There is plenty of battery and eliquid capacity for many situations and the flavor is excellent.

You are so correct. It becomes a leak machine for no apparent reason, thus not a trusty pocket carry.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
We were talking about the 50 or so packs of coils on fasttech.com. they are already wrapped coils at whatever ohm range you choose but didn't see any with cotton as well.

I just finished ordering the 50 pack 1.5 ohm for $3.30 from fasttech. I thought the pic showed them with no wick 2-3 days ago. When I ordered them tonight the pic clearly shows them wicked and description states that they are wicked!?!? Also snagged 2 RBAs $7.55 ea.

Would appreciate any comment on the "welded" and "NR-R-NR" aspects of these coils.

Last edited:

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I am too a rba egrip user. At the beginning i had many leaks but now i have none. Key is to make sure all the wick holes are covered. (this is hard in my case as two of the holes are hidden behind the screw sections of the rba so just makes it that much harder)

However i am told that a new base is available so you can use the ego one coils. Now as a owner of a ego one as well this is much to my delight as id love to use them coils.
Now With the ego one you can also buy CLR coils which you can rebuild yourself.
So i wonder if i can use these in the new base?
This will solve the leaking and what not and be much easier to rebuild!!

Reactions: Foggy Road

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I just finished ordering the 50 pack 1.5 ohm for $3.30 from fasttech. I thought the pic showed them with no wick 2-3 days ago. When I ordered them tonight the pic clearly shows them wicked and description states that they are wicked!?!? Also snagged 2 RBAs $7.55 ea.

Would appreciate any comment on the "welded" and "NR-R-NR" aspects of these coils.

Sorry, what is "NR" and "welded" mean concerning the pre-made coils?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Sorry, what is "NR" and "welded" mean concerning the pre-made coils?

From What I've learned NR means Non-resistive, R means Resistive. Sooooo. In these NR-R-NR coils that I linked above only the coil is resistive with non-resistive wire welded to the ends of the coiled wire. This is done to avoid "hot legs". In other words only the coil itself will get hot enuf to glow and vape your juice. I suspect it may also be a cost saving measure, assuming one type wire might be significantly cheaper in a high volume high production situation. Perhaps most pre-made sealed coils use this type wire? I'm really just guessing about that tho.

The weld material is what has me wondering tho. Might it contain some toxins that emit noxious gases?

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
I am too a rba egrip user. At the beginning i had many leaks but now i have none. Key is to make sure all the wick holes are covered. (this is hard in my case as two of the holes are hidden behind the screw sections of the rba so just makes it that much harder)

However i am told that a new base is available so you can use the ego one coils. Now as a owner of a ego one as well this is much to my delight as id love to use them coils.
Now With the ego one you can also buy CLR coils which you can rebuild yourself.
So i wonder if i can use these in the new base?
This will solve the leaking and what not and be much easier to rebuild!!

Been checking the egrip lately my self. The CL base should take the CLR head just as it takes the CL head? If that is true it will meet the second last check this one has to get. The last check is about the user friendliness of the CLR itself and judging by your experience it seems to do pretty well, since it's not flooding :). What is your usual setup in terms of resistance used? Microcoil or standard coil? Also, for you, is there any change in flavour between the two rba heads?

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
@Claude Rill There is no welding material in joining NR and R wire. The wires are joined by charging one with a high current and connecting them with each other. The release of the high energy at the joining point between the two wires creates a lot of heat, melting the join, thus two become almost one. Sometimes they do look like there was used a welding material to do it. Guess that it caused by the amount of current used. You can see the method in action here, though there are better example too. I'm just linking the first one I found :)

Reactions: Foggy Road
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread