Status
Not open for further replies.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Been checking the egrip lately my self. The CL base should take the CLR head just as it takes the CL head? If that is true it will meet the second last check this one has to get. The last check is about the user friendliness of the CLR itself and judging by your experience it seems to do pretty well, since it's not flooding :). What is your usual setup in terms of resistance used? Microcoil or standard coil? Also, for you, is there any change in flavour between the two rba heads?

I looked at some closeup views and a video on the CLR heads. The opening at the top is rather large. Seems it would need some kind of cap with o-ring to mate with the Egrip inner tube. Look at the tops of both the premade attys as well as the rba, these CLR's would need something like the setup on those to work, so it seems to me.

Cellodick

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
Hollywood
278349eb0e44d260820bf7864529dbcc.jpg
I looked at some closeup views and a video on the CLR heads. The opening at the top is rather large. Seems it would need some kind of cap with o-ring to mate with the Egrip inner tube. Look at the tops of both the premade attys as well as the rba, these CLR's would need something like the setup on those to work, so it seems to me.
Yes, you are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Well then, since the new base supports the CL atties, then until someone gets one, I think we can assume it should work with the CLR's. I would hope the pictured white cap has some soft silicone like material, to make a nice seal to to air tube, keeping juice out of there is important. It might even be easier to re-build these CLR's then the RBA heads, and I assume there is no bottom air hole to leak out of. Only other question would be airflow, the RBA does give much better airflow, then the pre-made CS atties, or the Aspire hack, as those of course rely on the tiny Egrip air hole, as it looks like these CLR's will be the same in that regard.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Yes, the same as the CL heads the 0.5ohm CLR have a 3.5mm air intake hole and the 1 ohm have a 1.8mm intake. Yes, they come prebuilt. Air comes from underneath, through these pins. It's the classic 'secure one wire with the pin head and the other with a gasket (insulator)' , just easier to take apart. However it seems to work without problems i.e melting insulators of flooding etc. The pos pins are also interchangeable, between CLRs or CLs.
ego-one-clr-atomizer-head-5-stk.jpg

There are some videos on YT showing it

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Thanks for the added info. It's interesting, as it looks like one could buy the .5 version with the larger 3.5mm air hole, and then put in a higher ohm coil build, this assuming the 1.8 hole was not enough air. At least you have some flexibility. Since I assume the adapter for the CLR is sealed like the included stock bottom atty holder, then the real overall limit is going to be the Egrips body air hole, the one with the screw adjustment that I alway leave wide open, and my coils are not low ohm, more like 1.2-1.5, flavor person. Not sure the stock Egrip air hole is anywhere near 3.5mm, Maybe the .5 CLR's were designed for their other mod, and maybe that has sufficient air flow, I've never seen or used one. Extra materials being cheap enough this might be some fun experimenting.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Been checking the egrip lately my self. The CL base should take the CLR head just as it takes the CL head? If that is true it will meet the second last check this one has to get. The last check is about the user friendliness of the CLR itself and judging by your experience it seems to do pretty well, since it's not flooding :). What is your usual setup in terms of resistance used? Microcoil or standard coil? Also, for you, is there any change in flavour between the two rba heads?

Hi,

I know i need to get me self one of these new bases. When will they be available any one know?
Well i just like it a 1 ohm. its just perfect. I bought it last month and i havent yet needed to take the coil out of the clr and replace it. Its going well! no leaking or flooding or anything o on the ego one. Very impressed! I would be extremely happy if this clr will fit as its a doddle to change coils etc. Always micro coil and yes for some reason im not getting a good taste out of my rba. rebuilt numerous times and cleaned the rba deck out on the egrip and still no joy. The clr on the ego one is just fantastic, extremely happy and vapes like the big boy rba's etc.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Thanks for the added info. It's interesting, as it looks like one could buy the .5 version with the larger 3.5mm air hole, and then put in a higher ohm coil build, this assuming the 1.8 hole was not enough air. At least you have some flexibility. Since I assume the adapter for the CLR is sealed like the included stock bottom atty holder, then the real overall limit is going to be the Egrips body air hole, the one with the screw adjustment that I alway leave wide open, and my coils are not low ohm, more like 1.2-1.5, flavor person. Not sure the stock Egrip air hole is anywhere near 3.5mm, Maybe the .5 CLR's were designed for their other mod, and maybe that has sufficient air flow, I've never seen or used one. Extra materials being cheap enough this might be some fun experimenting.

It is very hard to find the 0.5ohm clr ones. I had to buy the 1.ohm ones and with them the air hole is the same i think as its rebuildable. The ego one is fantastic for the price, i bought the standard 0.5ohm coils and didnt really like them as vape was too warm. 1ohm is just perfect and i know it will be stunning on the egrip if its compatible.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Yes, the rebuildable head form the ego one. Joyetech says it doesn't fit the egrip's new CL base

Edit: Edited the typo in my previous post

well that totally sucks! not happy :nah: that would have made life alot simpler as the rda in the egrip is so hard to use with the bending of the sides etc. i dont see why it wont fit as they are the same size. we need to test it out!!

Muru

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I'm starting to hate rebuilding my egrip. Today I accidentally unscrewed one of the screws too far and it fell out. Took me about 15 minutes and lots of karmapoints to get it back in. Then I built it up and wicked it and then watched as half my tank of eliquid leaked out quite rapidly. All seals in place, so can't figure out why....And I seem to have lost the standard coil base...:(

Cellodick

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
Hollywood
Well I'm a bit confused as the lowest ohm my old egrip can take is 1.2. The ego one coils are 0.5 and 1ohm. So they won't work. Also if the ego one base doesn't fit the clr rebuildables then what's the point? Am i missing something?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
Yes, The eGrip OLED goes down to 0.4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread