New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox

Status
Not open for further replies.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Maybe around 25 or so on the first one. I had some dark juice on the second coil though and I'd say about 15 ml.

Yeah it should last longer. Look at the color of the juice in that picture I posted of the nintendo controller mod, it doesn't get much darker than that and that's 80% VG. It's in an atlantis in the pic but I use that in my subtanks as well.

As far as the popping some pop is normal but if it is spitting juice in your mouth then you should turn the wattage up a touch. Spitting is indicative of it not cooking the juice as fast as you are sucking it in.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I first tried the stock .5 ohm vertical coil in the new tank, but it was very dry vaping. Me no likey. Broke out the RBA then and wicked it up how I like and that's way more my kind of vape. Poppin' juicy just right!

Yeah I don't mind it a bit juicy as long as I'm not drinking it. I have my RBA in use on a temp control build right now though so I am back using the .5's in my subox.

Reactions: Wruff

dibe

Jun 17, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Yeah it should last longer. Look at the color of the juice in that picture I posted of the nintendo controller mod, it doesn't get much darker than that and that's 80% VG. It's in an atlantis in the pic but I use that in my subtanks as well.

As far as the popping some pop is normal but if it is spitting juice in your mouth then you should turn the wattage up a touch. Spitting is indicative of it not cooking the juice as fast as you are sucking it in.

Thats about how dark the juice turned towards the last half of the tank. It was Puffs from The Clean Vape.

There's no juice getting into my mouth but it sounds like a bowl of rice crispies sometimes.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Thats about how dark the juice turned towards the last half of the tank. It was Puffs from The Clean Vape.

There's no juice getting into my mouth but it sounds like a bowl of rice crispies sometimes.

Does it still pop if you turn it up a few watts? It's nothing to worry about either way I'm just curious if it is a heat thing or something else.

dibe

Jun 17, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Does it still pop if you turn it up a few watts? It's nothing to worry about either way I'm just curious if it is a heat thing or something else.

If I turn it up and take a strong drag the popping is it a minimum. I keep the watts pretty low and take long slow drags. I think this plays into both the popping on the RBA and the .5 vert coil getting burnt up at a faster rate. Also with the RBA I noticed there is a lot more juice gathering in the space right below the drip tip, that little stainless well so speak that the tip sits on.

With the RBA at 1.4 ohms and 14 watts, I was getting some dry hits towards the end of the drag so I turned it down to 12 watts and it seems to be doing OK there.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
If I turn it up and take a strong drag the popping is it a minimum. I keep the watts pretty low and take long slow drags. I think this plays into both the popping on the RBA and the .5 vert coil getting burnt up at a faster rate. Also with the RBA I noticed there is a lot more juice gathering in the space right below the drip tip, that little stainless well so speak that the tip sits on.

With the RBA at 1.4 ohms and 14 watts, I was getting some dry hits towards the end of the drag so I turned it down to 12 watts and it seems to be doing OK there.

Gonna say you're underwicked. Try wicking a little heavier next time.

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
Last edited:

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
I'm pretty sure this has come up before, but as I recall any VTC5 sold today is not made by Sony. There's a blog post on Battery Bros that has the details. There is also a post on Reddit that confirms this as well.
Yes, I am aware of the scuttle. But this is RTD Vapor we are talking about here. They are one of, if not the highest rated batt vendors out there. Would they risk all that to peddle some phonies? They seem to pass muster according to the "how to spot a fake" blogs.

Reactions: oplholik

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
Yes, I am aware of the scuttle. But this is RTD Vapor we are talking about here. They are one of, if not the highest rated batt vendors out there. Would they risk all that to peddle some phonies? They seem to pass muster according to the "how to spot a fake" blogs.

Yeah, I'm aware of RTD's reputation. It's just that when you see (what looks like) official correspondence from Sony that they no longer make the VTC5, I'm not sure what to make of it. Does RTD have some authenticity documentation on these VTC5s? I'd like to try one if I knew they were real.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Received my VCT5's from RTD Vapor yesterday. Just put a fully charged one in the 'Box. Very curious too see if there is an appreciable discharge rate difference between them and the HE4's.

My tests showed the VTC5 lasting about 10% longer than the HE4 (down to 3.2V at 20A).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread