New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I have to honestly say I've had the best luck now for a year and a half --building my coils with 28 guage

Not too much metal here to heat up and not too flimsy that it won't hold it's shape.

I have 32 guage here in my collection but it is too thin for drippers.

I use the 32 guage wire mostly for rebuilding pro tanks and such.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I have to honestly say I've had the best luck now for a year and a half --building my coils with 28 guage

Not too much metal here to heat up and not too flimsy that it won't hold it's shape.

I have 32 guage here in my collection but it is too thin for drippers.

I use the 32 guage wire mostly for rebuilding pro tanks and such.
Cool, that's good to hear. I've used the prebuilt coils that came with my subtanks, this will be my first time building my own. It's funny, a couple weeks ago I would've told you I don't care to build my own. Well, changed my mind lol. I'll still use my occs too, obviously for my nano. I paid the price I would for a pack of occs, for everything I need to build an almost endless amount in the rba. Only 10 little squares of cotton, but it's probably a lot also.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Yes the cotton seems to last for ever----I bought a small pack of Ko gen do about 4 pieces 2 inch by 2 inch--and

it has lasted a long time. I find that the type of cotton for me anyways doe not matter that much.

It makes a difference how much I use in a coil or whether or not I have air in the tank or

leave my fill plug out on my RSST.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Yes the cotton seems to last for ever----I bought a small pack of Ko gen do about 4 pieces 2 inch by 2 inch--and

it has lasted a long time. I find that the type of cotton for me anyways doe not matter that much.

It makes a difference how much I use in a coil or whether or not I have air in the tank or

leave my fill plug out on my RSST.
I don't know how good the cotton I got was honestly, hope it's fine. I have a fasttech order for some good highly rated cotton but it keeps getting pushed back. It says tomorrow, if it gets pushed back again I'm going to cancel it.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
I don't know how good the cotton I got was honestly, hope it's fine. I have a fasttech order for some good highly rated cotton but it keeps getting pushed back. It says tomorrow, if it gets pushed back again I'm going to cancel it.

i use 26ga but you will be fine with the 28. i have some cotton squares from fasttech and it is good.

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
@ephilbe I'm jealous of the black buttons, gear looks fantastic! If we could get Kanger to release those stainless black sleeves with a viewing section milled into one of the vertical flutes, I'd be all over it! I'm a glazier by trade and the glass tank makes me more and more nervous everyday.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I'm going to use some ebay cotton, fasttech taking way too long to even ship.
Dan,

Do a search for cotton labo on Amazon. It's Japanese organic cotton. You can get a package of 200 medium size cotton pads for under $8. They're fulfilled by Amazon, so if you have Amazon Prime you'll get them in 2 days. Each pad gives me 5 wicks.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Dan,

Do a search for cotton labo on Amazon. It's Japanese organic cotton. You can get a package of 200 medium size cotton pads for under $8. They're fulfilled by Amazon, so if you have Amazon Prime you'll get them in 2 days. Each pad gives me 5 wicks.
That's exactly the cotton that got pushed back on fasttech for me. 200 pads. So I'll just wait for it! I have enough to last even if it takes a while. If I order from amazon it's another $7 with shipping. I don't have prime.
Edit. Found it on ebay $6 shipped. Refunded from fasttech and order placed on ebay boom! Cheaper than ft. May take til July 30 though lol.

Last edited:

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
@ephilbe I'm jealous of the black buttons, gear looks fantastic! If we could get Kanger to release those stainless black sleeves with a viewing section milled into one of the vertical flutes, I'd be all over it! I'm a glazier by trade and the glass tank makes me more and more nervous everyday.
Thanks! I had a vision...

Now you're making me nervous, @SUPER K.
What exactly are your concerns regarding the glass? I can tell you with certainty that the color is only on the outside. No view window is the only caveat for me so far as the metal tanks go. Although with TC, it would be less of an issue for me running a tank dry.

Last edited:

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks! I had a vision...

Now you're making me nervous, @SUPER K.
What exactly are your concerns regarding the glass? I can tell you with certainty that the color is only on the outside. No view window is the only caveat for me so far as the metal tanks go. Although with TC, it would be less of an issue for me running a tank dry.
I break stuff is my only concern with the glass. We have an etching chemical at work for glass. I'm going to experiment with a spare glass to see what it looks like. I'd still love to see Kanger add a viewing section to that sleeve,I don't have TC and don't really know much about it.

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Waycross, Georgia, United States
@ephilbe vaping in the dark
stock-footage-abstract-smoke-on-black-background.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread