New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had issues with small drops of juice forming around the bottom of the tank/base area?
IMAG0107.jpg

I don't know if its something I'm doing wrong or if its a bad gasket in the deck but I have used 2 different tanks with the same results. If I put it in my pocket in an upright position and walk a few hundred feet, I have a pool of juice on the top of the mod. Its frustrating to say the least.

Reactions: aikanae1

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
Has anyone had issues with small drops of juice forming around the bottom of the tank/base area?
I don't know if its something I'm doing wrong or if its a bad gasket in the deck but I have used 2 different tanks with the same results. If I put it in my pocket in an upright position and walk a few hundred feet, I have a pool of juice on the top of the mod. Its frustrating to say the least.
havent had this issue with any subtank. im guessing bad gaskets, i even think i see bubbles above and below your gasket. Could also be a problem if you are using high pg juice. never had issues with 60/40 or above, but then i never go higher pg than 40%.

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
Quite a few people have had this issue, mine works with all the tanks and RDA's I have thrown on it but it seems like I just got lucky. My pin is jammed down a bit further than when I got it but it seems like mine got stuck in just the right place to allow a flush subtank but still make contact with shorter 510's.
i'm pretty bummed out. I love this little bugger, but i need a replacement. And i am worried i'll just get another bad one.

any news on when the spring pin ones come out? I've heard july, but thats rather vague.

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
Those are bubbles. Both tanks are brand new so I'm not sure how the gaskets can be bad but I guess it's possible. The first juice I used was 50vg/50pg...I'm not sure what this one is. Either way, both did the same thing.
bubbles below the gasket means liquid below the gasket, thus it is confirmed to be leaking. luckily i think gaskets are cheap on fastech or other such sites.

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
I think one of the vape stores by me has them in stock. Its just frustrating that two separate tanks, no older than three weeks, has bad gaskets. Other than that, I love the setup.
I would recommend emptying the tanks, fully disassembling and cleaning, allowing to dry fully, and reassembling. Also if you have any higher vg juice, try that and see if it keeps happening. This would just be a temporary holdover until getting new gaskets, but it seems awfully weird that two different tanks go bad at the same time with the same issue. maybe you are twisting your glass around a lot? not sure.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
They are the same size as the old subtanks. I change mine out to match my mod colors. I get the bubbles and juice along the posts but it doesn't leak out past the gasket o rings. You probably just need to change out the rings.

View attachment 469233
That's the first time I've liked the blue and white one. Nice. :thumb:

Reactions: hashtag

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I found that often I can stop o-ring/gasket leaks by leaving everything disassembled overnight. Depending on what they are made of these o-rings/gaskets can take a "set" and stay compressed, loosening the fit and causing leaks. Leaving them uncompressed overnight allows them to expand back out and, hopefully, provide a tighter fit when you reassemble everything.

blivey

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2015
    Waycross, Georgia, United States
    very possible, or something custom they did
    comparing the picture to my minis it looks way shorter, even if i change the angle around a lot to compare
    Just got word from the uploader of the image. Photo magic (or distortion). The tanks are Subtank Minis, the sleeves are from the website I posted, and there is no stubby STMini Tank.
    oI9oTq8.jpg

blivey

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2015
    Waycross, Georgia, United States
    @blivey
    have you had any issues with your pin getting pushed down? i want to know if this is just me being unlucky, or if this is common.
    Alas, I don't have a Kbox mini yet. But this does seem to be a recurring issue with the fixed pin. If you are having this issue, you may want to try ephilbe's fix. Page 113, start here...
    So, disassembly starts with removing these two phillips head screws. One of them will be covered by a Kanger trademark sticker. I found that a [HASHTAG]#0x25[/HASHTAG] jewelers screwdriver fit well. View attachment 467494

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2015
    Alas, I don't have a Kbox mini yet. But this does seem to be a recurring issue with the fixed pin. If you are having this issue, you may want to try ephilbe's fix. Page 113, start here...
    i think i will avoid voiding my warranty since i've only had it 3 days. Going to see what 101vapes does for the replacement. they are out of them on the site. If they give me an option, i might switch to the evic vt until the spring loaded comes out. we shall see, but i don't see a point in rebuilding the pin if its just going to get pushed down again when i screw the factory tank back in.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2015
    Tacoma WA
    i think i will avoid voiding my warranty since i've only had it 3 days. Going to see what 101vapes does for the replacement. they are out of them on the site. If they give me an option, i might switch to the evic vt until the spring loaded comes out. we shall see, but i don't see a point in rebuilding the pin if its just going to get pushed down again when i screw the factory tank back in.
    Once I pushed the pin/grommet back up, there were no more connection issues with the Subtank. I'm just mindful now of where contact begins while screwing on other tanks and RDA's. I totally hear you on voiding the warranty, though. Nice writeup, BTW. Welcome aboard!

Reactions: blivey

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2015
    Once I pushed the pin/grommet back up, there were no more connection issues with the Subtank. I'm just mindful now of where contact begins while screwing on other tanks and RDA's. I totally hear you on voiding the warranty, though. Nice writeup, BTW. Welcome aboard!
    so do you now have to avoid screwing the subtank down all the way? thats my gripe. If i screw up a pin with an aftermarket tank or something, i get it, i goofed up. But putting the subtank that came with it in flush with the kbox should not cause a problem. I mean geez, how could they not put clearance for their own tank?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread