New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
@cigatron, I'm not mixing my own juice (yet), this are bought-off-the-internet fruity juices. I think you may be onto something with your second paragraph. My airflow is always wide open, but there may be something with the wicking and/or power. I've heard a few terms about the wick itself, like you've said a "floody" wick, someone else (in a different thread) mentioned "choking" a wick. I'm assuming this is the "tautness" of the wick inside the coil? Thanks for the tips. I'll report back if I make any breakthroughs.

Floody, Flooding: refers to wick that stays oversaturated with juice while vaping. Usually results in poor, hot, harsh and sometimes spitty vapor production.

Choked, Choking: refers to compacting so much wick into a coil that juice flow is restricted. Usually results in dryhits and/or burny hits. In a V1 rba it almost impossible to wick the coil heavy enough to cause choking. In a V2 "plus" rba it may be possible to choke juice flow, but not by overwicking the coil so much as by overwicking against/in the juice holes.

Overall, the heavier you wick a coil, the more power you can run before going burny.

I'm still waiting for someone to brag about chain vaping the "plus" rba at 45w with high vg juice.....untill then, I'll just vape on with my V1's.

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
Floody, Flooding: refers to wick that stays oversaturated with juice while vaping. Usually results in poor, hot, harsh and sometimes spitty vapor production.

Choked, Choking: refers to compacting so much wick into a coil that juice flow is restricted. Usually results in dryhits and/or burny hits. In a V1 rba it almost impossible to wick the coil heavy enough to cause choking. In a V2 "plus" rba it may be possible to choke juice flow, but not by overwicking the coil so much as by overwicking against/in the juice holes.

Overall, the heavier you wick a coil, the more power you can run before going burny.

I'm still waiting for someone to brag about chain vaping the "plus" rba at 45w with high vg juice.....untill then, I'll just vape on with my V1's.

@cigatron, you nailed it! What an awesome, easy to understand explanation. I've been Googling this for a week, not finding even a clue to the cause. My first wicking on the RBA plus gave me some burnt hits because I overwicked it, so I've been wicking it more lightly around the holes, which solved the problem for the dessert and custard based juices. I just rewicked a fruit juice RBA, doubling the wicking around the holes and the problem is solved! Smooth and tasty, with no harshness! You may be the only person on the Internet that has posted this information, so I'm glad I got it first hand. :thumb: Thanks a lot for the help.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
I'd so go for it. The only other vape I have tried is an eGo One. I really dig my Subox. Keep in mind the pre-built coils seem to be hit or miss.

I'm just gonna get the mod, RDA's will be used on it. Just kinda scared of the rda's not making contact or sitting flush with the fixed pin. Why oh why fixed pin :(

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Just wait for the updated version.

I'm assuming the update will have a floating pin? Any knowledge on when we can expect it to hit the shelves? I apologize if this has been answered, honestly don't feel like looking through 169 pages :D

edit: just found some post on FT announcing it in July. Tx :)

Last edited:

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
I'm planning on ordering a second sub box once they start selling just the mod. Spring loaded pin or no, since it's my favorite mod. The fixed pin honestly hasn't given me any issues at all, and so far, has fired everything I've put on it.

They already are selling the mod alone i believe, 32$ on fasttech :)

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
How many of your RDAs have adjustable pins? They do work with adjustable pins.

About half of them, but i'd rather just wait for the update so i don't have to worry about new rdas and such :) hopefully it wont take too long to reach ft, i don't know of sites other than ft, gb or focalecig that ship vaping stuff for free to anywhere, and local vendors are pricing mods at over double the price.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Last edited:

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Waycross, Georgia, United States
I thought about getting one of those at FT, but then I looked at all my mods (all mechs) and realized that my favorite one is my favorite because of the spring loaded pin. :oops:

Meanwhile, what are quick thoughts on Kanger's new-new one coming up:

KOOPOR MINI: Best Cost-Effective Box Mod | KOOPOR ™

I saw a pre-order for $54.95.
Not hijacking, just waiting...:laugh:
Looks nice, just not Kanger. Looks like a US based distribution company for Koopor.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Looks nice, just not Kanger. Looks like a US based distribution company for Koopor.
Oops, you're right - it's SMOK, not Kanger.
original.jpg

:laugh:

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I thought about getting one of those at FT, but then I looked at all my mods (all mechs) and realized that my favorite one is my favorite because of the spring loaded pin. :oops:

Meanwhile, what are quick thoughts on Kanger's new-new one coming up:

KOOPOR MINI: Best Cost-Effective Box Mod | KOOPOR ™

I saw a pre-order for $54.95.
Not hijacking, just waiting...:laugh:

If only they had the design skills of the Kanger folks. I don't like the microchip design on the side but I do like the button placement and rounded form factor. The display looks like the Istick 40 chip display which I have had some troubles with on accurately reading resistance.

Reactions: cindycated

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
In a V1 rba it almost impossible to wick the coil heavy enough to cause choking. In a V2 "plus" rba it may be possible to choke juice flow, but not by overwicking the coil so much as by overwicking against/in the juice holes.

How does the V1 RBA compare to V2, in your experience? I like the V2 (Subox) tank's AFC design better because I'm an MTL/low wattage person, but I would like to know more about the V1 vs V2.

Has anyone else tried both RBA decks and is willing to share his/her thoughts on the subject?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread