New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox

Status
Not open for further replies.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Whew! Just finished reading this entire thread. I need to plug burgeoning interests into the ol' ECF search bar more often. Lol. Eyes got a little glazed over during the ad photos uproar, but all and all has been ultimately entertaining. Time for a vape...

Anyhoo, a certain someone brought the subox release to my attention on Wednesday morning. It has been somewhat of an obsession ever since. Now, I'm not going to get super box mod centric in this post. I really hadn't had much interest in them until the Kbox came out. (especially in black) So the Subox mod would definitely be a serious consideration if and when that route is chosen. But really, I'm kind of a tube mod guy at heart.

And on to the tank...
I am about to be the proud recipient of an Ego One Mega kit in (you guessed it) the color black. Come on wednesday vapemail! For those not in the know, it is the bigger 22mm, 2600 mah sibling of the original 19mm One. (shown in another thread, matched beautifully with a Subtank Nano) I had been toiling at trying to choose a serious matching RBA tank for this little gem and had half-heartedly settled on the Delta 2, mainly because of color options. Maybe by now you can see where I'm going with this. Enter Subtank Mini in black! *cue angelic choir as sun shown down from the heavens* My prayers have been answered.

A bit too far? Not judging by some of the previous comments about shinyitis in this thread. Lol! :D

Now, the wait for separate pieces to be in stock on our shores...

Last edited:

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
I wonder how well the Black Finish will hold up on this APV?
My Black IPV Mini looked Very Nice when I first got it. Now I'm searching the Web looking for ways to Refinish it.

Sweet Vapes also has silicone sleeves for the IPV mini, in case you want a commercial retailer. I've got one for my iStick 30W, not to hide any blemishes, but because it makes it easier to hang on to.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I read the ad was developed for the Japanese market (Grumpy old something blog?) but it looks like Korean writing??? Idk except the ad probably wasn't for the US market. We really aren't the only market on earth. I know in tourism, vastly different ads were developed for different areas and many of them would never pass the censors in the US. Maybe you've seen the french tv ad reels on Youtube?

Anyway, I did find a preorder from a US vendor that appears to me to check out. $79.95 plus a 10% discount and free shipping. The store also warrenties for 6 months. Expected arrival is in early June. Posted in Steals and Deals too. Code: WELCOME10 SUBOX Mini Starter Kit by Kanger (PREORDER) - Vapor Puffs

Looks like there will be a subox nano in pink and purple eventually.

And Innokin isn't going to be left behind with their CoolFire4

I have no idea what they are planning.

It's a great time to be a vaper.

Ohhhh I'm liking all these pretty colors & that CF4 looks hot!!!!

Reactions: aikanae1

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

Yea...me too!!!

I have no interest in sub-ohming (ie. a "hobby vapist")...I'm an "analog-convert vapist" and am quite content with my Nauty's and GS Air M's.

So...as soon as the "KBOX Mini Mod" becomes available to purchase by itself...I'm IN!!! :headbang:

Last edited:

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Waycross, Georgia, United States
Whew! Just finished reading this entire thread. I need to plug burgeoning interests into the ol' ECF search bar more often. Lol. Eyes got a little glazed over during the ad photos uproar, but all and all has been ultimately entertaining. Time for a vape...

Anyhoo, a certain someone brought the Subox release to my attention on Wednesday morning. It has been somewhat of an obsession ever since. Now, I'm not going to get super box mod centric in this post. I really hadn't had much interest in them until the Kbox came out. (especially in black) So the Subox mod would definitely be a serious consideration if and when that route is chosen. But really, I'm kind of a tube mod guy at heart.

And on to the tank...
I am about to be the proud recipient of an Ego One Mega kit in (you guessed it) the color black. Come on wednesday vapemail! For those not in the know, it is the bigger 22mm, 2600 mah sibling of the original 19mm One. (shown earlier in this thread, matched beautifully with a Subtank Nano) I had been toiling at trying to choose a serious matching RBA tank for this little gem and had half-heartedly settled on the Delta 2, mainly because of color options. Maybe by now you can see where I'm going with this. Enter Subtank Mini in black! *cue angelic choir as sun shown down from the heavens* My prayers have been answered.

A bit too far? Not judging by some of the previous comments about shinyitis in this thread. Lol! :D

Black Subtank Mini, black orings, replacement black glass. Sounds kinda awesome. Call it the Blackout tank :)

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Probably not. That's why we have the rba base.

I bet they will. They'll need to in order to stay competitive with all the others offering .3 coils. Kanger won't slide on that. But I'm with others ^^^ that prefer 1.2 and up. I have a hunch it's the non-sub ohmer's that'll be using the rba most.

P.S. I'm really tempted to throw in the towel on the white.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Its a fixed pin...

WOW!!! :shock:

If this is true...(and Cool you've never lied to me before)...I fear the KBOX Mini Mod might fall off my "Mods to Consider Buying" List.

A fixed pin may be OK if you used only the topper supplied with it in the Kit. But if you often rotate/switch different toppers...a non-spring loaded, non-adjustable 510 connection pin could quickly become a real HASSLE!!!

Reactions: rocketman29

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I bet they will. They'll need to in order to stay competitive with all the others offering .3 coils. Kanger won't slide on that. But I'm with others ^^^ that prefer 1.2 and up. I have a hunch it's the non-sub ohmer's that'll be using the rba most.

P.S. I'm really tempted to throw in the towel on the white.
I'm a sub-ohmer & use the RBA section a lot.

Reactions: aikanae1

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
WOW!!! :shock:

If this is true...(and Cool you've never lied to me before)...I fear the KBOX Mini Mod might fall off my "Mods to Consider Buying" List.

A fixed pin may be OK if you used only the topper supplied with it in the Kit. But if you often rotate/switch different toppers...a non-spring loaded, non-adjustable 510 connection pin could quickly become a real HASSLE!!!

I don't think it was Kanger, but I saw a quote from another manufacturer that cracked me up. Said something like this; "... fixed pin center to make sure you get an accurate connection with atomizer every time ..."

How else can a marketing dept put a spin on a lousy connection?

fp acepalm.jpg

Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread