New Kanger Box Mod- The Subox

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
Fixed pin. Ugh.
Kanger's hearing it from the public already for putting a fixed pin in this thing. I'll wait to order the subox until after they get an adjustable/springloaded pin in it.
Sometimes the fixed pins have better connections and bet It works perfect with the subtanks. I bet they want you to only use it with their products. Obviously

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
give the Samsung 25R a try. You have to buy 10 at time, but the cost comes out to $7.50 each plus $5 shipping for 10

How about $7.63 each...if you decide you need less than 10...

vapeCrawler

All the ones I've seen are just taking preorders. The best price is at vape Street, where with a coupon code for 20 percent off, you can get it for $58.

How about (pre-orders)...$52.55...or $54.99 w FREE shipping...

vapeCrawler

EDIT: I see vC now shows one for $49.29!

Last edited:

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Watch the VT video by GrimmGreen.

I did (I've watched all the reviews on both devices). The only problem he had with the mod was when it didn't recognize his nickel coils, but it turns out that was user error and he was using titanium coils. He didn't think the tank/heads were that great, which is one of the reasons why I didn't buy and will not be using that part - just the mod itself.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
I've been trying to put in my due diligence researching recent developments in temp control and am a little leery about proprietary circuitry regarding such. Smok M80 comes to mind. Personally, I don't want a wattage malfunction to happen while vaping on a nickel build. Would like to wait around a bit to see where the technology brings us. If I was to pull the trigger for VT right now, it'd have to be a DNA 40 or Yehi SX350J chipset. Too rich for my blood at the moment, though.

Think I'll just stick to a simple, inexpensive mod for now and not risk it. Did I mention that this Subox kit isn't getting here fast enough? Lol

Last edited:

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
At the risk of hijack, I certainly wasn't pitting LG's against the Sammys. At the time of purchase, my research lead me to believe the H series batts had the best cost/performance ratio at 6 bux apiece. Always one of my considerations as I'm kind of a cheap s.o.b. (not when it comes to safety or performance, of course)

Have considered bumping it up a bit and springing for some 25R's or VTC4's, for sure. I'd like to get on that buy list if you'd have me, D.

And would my Subox please get here a little faster? Thank you.

I'm running some 25R's right now to see how they do. Maybe I can get Battery bros to join the ECF suppliers forum. As for your Subox, I'll give Kanger a call and get back to you.:thumb:

Reactions: ephilbe

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
i don't know why everyone jumping into the subox so much, there better deal out there like Joyetech eVic-VT 60W kit that has Temp control and 60W plus it has build in battery. i do own Kanger subtank plus and mini, and i really like the redesign of the mini rba, but for the kits i dont think is worth the money when there better option for same price.
Joyetech eVic VT 60W Temperature Control VW Variable Wattage Mini Box Mod Kit-65 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Ugly counts. Non-removable battery. Association with Istick's. Unimpressed with tc. I was dissapointed in the Evic offerring. I know other's are excited. To each their own.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
While just slightly relevant... Ego One Mega batt showed today. :thumbs:
This thing fired 33.3 watts with a .4 ohm build! I think the black Subtank Mini is gonna look sa-freakin-wheet atop it. Someone from another thread posted about connectivity issues with the new RBA, but with new OCC's sat flush and worked flawlessly. Glad I ordered some 1st gen RBA's. Fingers crossed!

Stealth mode

Last edited:

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
While just slightly relevant... Ego One Mega batt showed today. :thumbs:
This thing fired 33.3 watts with a .4 ohm build! I think the black Subtank Mini is gonna look sa-freakin-wheet atop it. Someone from another thread posted about connectivity issues with the new RBA, but with new OCC's sat flush and worked flawlessly. Glad I ordered some 1st gen RBA's. Fingers crossed!

Stealth mode

That looks like a nice unit. Where did it "show" today?

blivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2015
Waycross, Georgia, United States
Ugly counts. Non-removable battery. Association with Istick's. Unimpressed with tc. I was dissapointed in the Evic offerring. I know other's are excited. To each their own.
Like. Like. Like. You know, since I can only hit the button once :)

Vaping in NYC

May 11, 2015
I really want to pre order, I'm sure they worked out the Kinks by now. Or at least they should have, cuz had a lot of Practice with the Subtanks.

I'm the type of person that doesn't like to DL the newest Apple Update cuz i just know they usually mess up some part., but the Subox is so pretty I might pre order.

Will prices drop or Increase after its been released? I seen some sites say the ETA is JUNE 10th

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I really want to pre order, I'm sure they worked out the Kinks by now. Or at least they should have, cuz had a lot of Practice with the Subtanks.

I'm the type of person that doesn't like to DL the newest Apple Update cuz i just know they usually mess up some part., but the Subox is so pretty I might pre order.

Will prices drop or Increase after its been released? I seen some sites say the ETA is JUNE 10th

I think these pre-release deals are the best prices we will see for a few months. Kanger products seem to hold their value until the next version is released. The only catch being that sometimes the next version is released like a week later. I think with this we have a few months though, they will release the mini, the nano, the plus and then probably a new tank before we see them circle back to the subox mini 2 or whatever.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I sooo want the white one, it looks just like a stormtrooper. Too bad there's so much red on the black one or it could have been a Darth Vader (could go matte black and glossy black, or something.) With that red on it, though, it just looks like some relic from the deepest, darkest depths of the 1980's technopunk scene. Not that that's bad or anything, it just doesn't match up with the other one. Not in that way, anyway. Who am I kidding, I still want both of them! :)

Reactions: gerrymi

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
I sooo want the white one, it looks just like a stormtrooper. Too bad there's so much red on the black one or it could have been a Darth Vader (could go matte black and glossy black, or something.) With that red on it, though, it just looks like some relic from the deepest, darkest depths of the 1980's technopunk scene. Not that that's bad or anything, it just doesn't match up with the other one. Not in that way, anyway. Who am I kidding, I still want both of them! :)

You can get some black o-rings and drip tip for the tank, then hide the mod in your hand.

Reactions: ephilbe

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
In regards to the fixed pin 510, while they're calling it "flexible", I believe what they mean is that the center pin insulator has a bit of give to it. But be warned, I've had a couple of mods of which that flexibility developed memory and wouldn't make contact with shorter protruding tank contacts anymore. Just bear in mind if you're really trying to torque a different tank down that doesn't want to sit flush.

Dang, this thread has really gained some traction.

Reactions: gerrymi

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
In regards to the fixed pin 510, while they're calling it "flexible", I believe what they mean is that the center pin insulator has a bit of give to it. But be warned, I've had a couple of mods of which that flexibility developed memory and wouldn't make contact with shorter protruding tank contacts anymore. Just bear in mind if you're really trying to torque a different tank down that doesn't want to sit flush.

Dang, this thread has really gained some traction.

Yeah... If you have to really have to Torque Down on a Atomizer to get it to sit flush, it would probably would be Better off Shimming the Atty verses Pushing down the 510 Pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread