ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Scubac00da

ArdentHope

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
TN
Ok, I don't need to know the flavors but do any contain citrus, menthol, peppermint or "cooling agent"? I ask because although I'm not allergic to them, it physically hurts to vape them. It's like someone is grabbing my lungs and wringing them out like a sponge.:cry::cry: It makes me sad cause I like the flavor, it just despises me.

OH OH OH!!! There's the mail carrier!!!!!!! VAPEMAIL IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
Woo hoo!!! The Timber came today!

I love it. It's beautiful. .......and it works great too! :laugh:

Thanks for the extra goodies, that was sweet of you guys. I had meant to order a needle tip and forgot, then I forgot again this morning when I ordered. How neat to find one in with the extra stuff. :)

I have a question though. Can I use the 1.7 cartos on the 3.7v box mods? I'm really stupid about ohms and volts.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Woo hoo!!! The Timber came today!

I love it. It's beautiful. .......and it works great too! :laugh:

Thanks for the extra goodies, that was sweet of you guys. I had meant to order a needle tip and forgot, then I forgot again this morning when I ordered. How neat to find one in with the extra stuff. :)

I have a question though. Can I use the 1.7 cartos on the 3.7v box mods? I'm really stupid about ohms and volts.

The 1.7 cartos are what come in a sub tank. Don't know if that's the default but they came with mine. I know you're going to enjoy that for a looong time Marlou. I know how exciting it is to get something new like that and I'm happy for you.

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
The 1.7 cartos are what come in a sub tank. Don't know if that's the default but they came with mine. I know you're going to enjoy that for a looong time Marlou. I know how exciting it is to get something new like that and I'm happy for you.

Thanks, Wuzz. I now have a Classic and the Timber and love both of them. I use a variety of flavors and PVs every day and I'm still experimenting to see which I like best for different flavors. The box mod seems to really intensify flavors, which I like for some but not for others. It's nice having so many choices.

I was confused about using a 1.7 carto on a 3.7v pv, but last night I read some more on ECF and someone said it's the cig sized PVs you shouldn't use them on. I have to do more research to understand all this. lol

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Hi marlou

You got it:) The 1.7 on that will be a good vape you should have no problem doing that that's what i use and enjoy. The 2.0 works good to. The 1.7 will feel warmer and give you more vapor thats my experience any how. I am happy to hear you are enjoying both mods and let me know if you should need anthing:)

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Ok, I don't need to know the flavors but do any contain citrus, menthol, peppermint or "cooling agent"? I ask because although I'm not allergic to them, it physically hurts to vape them. It's like someone is grabbing my lungs and wringing them out like a sponge.:cry::cry: It makes me sad cause I like the flavor, it just despises me.

OH OH OH!!! There's the mail carrier!!!!!!! VAPEMAIL IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi ArdentHope
one of them has a hint of lime other then that i don't believe any of the other stuff you mention is in any of the others:)

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Thanks, Wuzz. I now have a Classic and the Timber and love both of them. I use a variety of flavors and PVs every day and I'm still experimenting to see which I like best for different flavors. The box mod seems to really intensify flavors, which I like for some but not for others. It's nice having so many choices.

I was confused about using a 1.7 carto on a 3.7v pv, but last night I read some more on ECF and someone said it's the cig sized PVs you shouldn't use them on. I have to do more research to understand all this. lol

1.7 ohm cartos are made for 3.7v mods in order to simulate vaping regular cartos at high voltage. Some people will tell you you shouldn't use them with voltages above 4.2, but there are a couple of us here who use them at 5 and 6 volts regularly (hi hairball!).

Too high a voltage will pop the coil, but won't hurt anything else, but the problem comes in with not having enough amperage to push that low of a resistance. Cig-style stick batteries usually have between 180 and 300 mah, and the low resistance coils will stress the batteries so much that they will fail, sometimes more spectacularly than others. The resurrectors and DCC's, though, were made for eGo/Riva style batteries so any battery rated at 900mah or higher should be fine. IMR/high-drain batteries rated at 600mah or higher should be fine as well, but I personally wouldn't test protected batteries lower than about 700mah...

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
1.7 ohm cartos are made for 3.7v mods in order to simulate vaping regular cartos at high voltage. Some people will tell you you shouldn't use them with voltages above 4.2, but there are a couple of us here who use them at 5 and 6 volts regularly (hi hairball!).

Too high a voltage will pop the coil, but won't hurt anything else, but the problem comes in with not having enough amperage to push that low of a resistance. Cig-style stick batteries usually have between 180 and 300 mah, and the low resistance coils will stress the batteries so much that they will fail, sometimes more spectacularly than others. The resurrectors and DCC's, though, were made for eGo/Riva style batteries so any battery rated at 900mah or higher should be fine. IMR/high-drain batteries rated at 600mah or higher should be fine as well, but I personally wouldn't test protected batteries lower than about 700mah...

Yep, I'm using low-resistance (actually 1.25 ohm and 1.5 ohm) at times in my tanks on a Lavatube. I like them, I can turn the voltage down, get more battery life, and still delicious flavors and warm vapor. I use 2.5's and 3.0's, too, but I:m actually starting to prefer the LR's.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread