Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Hi all. I recently moved back to Reoville. I had owned a couple of older standard (non-LP) Reo Grands that didn't have the adjustable 510. I used an RM2 and a Cyclone on them and never had a problem with excess juice running out of the 510 into the catch cup. I sold both of those and recently bought a new LP Grand with an RM4 (and a second pre-loved LP).

The issue I'm having is that juice is leaking into the catch cup and running all over the outside of my mod. My squonking technique has not changed, but I am not using an o-ring under the atty (none was supplied), so I suspect this is the problem. I'm hoping that an o-ring will solve the leaking, but not sure what size to use. I could measure the diameter of the 510 and head to Home Depot, but was hoping the fair citizens of Reoville might suggest the correct size, or tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Reactions: Robinowitz

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
While I do have an oring under there, many people don't - and in general, the new 510 for most people is neat and clean and no leaking. So there's something wrong!! I can't remember what potential causes should be looked at, but you DO want to figure this out - it should be a leak free, fabulous setup...

Reactions: gpjoe

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I've yet to have a leak under any of my attys on any of my 7 reos with newer 510s.

Did you cut a inverted v in the bottom of your tube? Thinking maybe the juice tube is possably sealing to the side or bottom of your bottle and preventing the excess juice from getting sucked back down into the bottle..

Also remove the top off your atty and feed.. watch how long it takes to feed and drain. Those times will be different on the level of juice in the bottle. Full bottle will be quick and half empty or more will take a harder longer press.

Reactions: gpjoe

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
With the new 510's, you have to really seat the atty. This would have been tricky with the old 510's as the gasket could get compromised.

Not too hard, mind, but fairly tight - this should limit juice escaping the squonk channel. An o-ring should help, as well, but it's really just masking the problem and delaying the inevitable. I run no o-rings with the new 510's and the only leakage of the sort you describe has come from slightly loose atties.

As has been noted, you should be able to get a leakproof setup.

And congrats on being back in the 'Ville. Aren't you glad you got the multi-entrance visa?

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Thanks all. I just got my second Reo last night and have the same issue with that one using an RM3 with an o-ring, so I guess I will try and tighten the atty a bit. I'm always hesitant about over tightening on any of my mods, but maybe that is the problem. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Reactions: Robinowitz

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I have that problem with one Reo with the new 510. Mine appears to be worse than that. Mine leaks all over the top and down inside behind the delrin cover and even puddles in the bottom of my mod. I might actually have a bad 510. My other one works ok, and my non-modified one works the best! Go figure. If I can't figure out what's wrong, it might have to go to the spa.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I have that problem with one Reo with the new 510. Mine appears to be worse than that. Mine leaks all over the top and down inside behind the delrin cover and even puddles in the bottom of my mod. I might actually have a bad 510. My other one works ok, and my non-modified one works the best! Go figure. If I can't figure out what's wrong, it might have to go to the spa.

Your 510 nipple sounds like it's loose. You will have to carefully remove the delrin cover (don't over tighten just snug the screw when you go to put it back on . It's an aluminum reo and can't strip real easy) and re tighten the ss nipple with plyers.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Your 510 nipple sounds like it's loose. You will have to carefully remove the delrin cover (don't over tighten just snug the screw when you go to put it back on . It's an aluminum reo and can't strip real easy) and re tighten the ss nipple with plyers.
even better a little piece of Teflon tape on the male threads and your in like a champion and one doesn't need to over tighten the post when using this method

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I am always here and happy to help send it in at will

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
even better a little piece of Teflon tape on the male threads and your in like a champion and one doesn't need to over tighten the post when using this method
I was just wondering if this would work. REO # 1, an LP Grand that was converted to the new 510 leaks a lot. I've tightened the post and checked for leaks elsewhere using the water method a la SuperX. I shall try some Teflon tape. Thanks Rob!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I'd advise to find a flat head screw driver with the same width and thickness as the 510 to fit it perfectly. Grind/file a screw driver if needed. That's what I found best to use the 2nd attempt at removing the nipple. It's easy to snap the nipple so you want a firm grip to the 510 side to be sure you got it when turning.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

Guess what just got added to my vape gear box. Thanks for the tip, Rob. :thumb:

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada

Rob perhaps a video on this might be an idea, I don't understand the whole concept, maybe you we can get Russ to do a quick video.

Russ you da man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread