• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New Member Introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I've been on the forum for quite some time but never looked into the social groups on the forum. Good to find this area!

I've been a believer since Sept. 12th 1987 when I placed my faith in Jesus Christ for salvation at the age of 23. A change from day to night!

I had not smoked since then but was one of the things I had really, really enjoyed :)

When a friend started vaping I gave it a try and really enjoy it and the hobby of vaping (mods, building coils, DIY liquid, etc.).

Glad to be a part of the community.

Reactions: Saintscruiser

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    I've been on the forum for quite some time but never looked into the social groups on the forum. Good to find this area!

I've been a believer since Sept. 12th 1987 when I placed my faith in Jesus Christ for salvation at the age of 23. A change from day to night!

I had not smoked since then but was one of the things I had really, really enjoyed :)

When a friend started vaping I gave it a try and really enjoy it and the hobby of vaping (mods, building coils, DIY liquid, etc.).

Welcome to our little community Toolman.

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi

Hello Toolman! Please read the 6th Sticky down at the top, written by Blue Knight Max, and comply. Easy as that!! We are a great community that will laugh, cry, Praise the Lord and help you anyway we can. Don't be shy as we all have our crosses to bear. We help our brothers and sisters by standing in the gap with intercessory prayer. But, God, Bless His Holy Name, is so faithful, loving, gentle and caring. There is nothing too small that He is not interested in. I'm sure if the Lord had a fridge, your picture would be on it! So jump in and fellowship with us! Welcome to Christian Vapors!!! :)

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Hi guys and gals,
    I've been on this forum for quite some time and didn't know about this here sub forum. :oops:

I'm Celti and I was raised in a southern baptist christian home. I got saved when I was 15 and love the Lord with all my heart and can't wait for the day I get called home so I can be with all my family again. I was adopted at the age of 6 (my mom says 4 but thats not what my revised Birth Certificate says :p ) I am fortunate enough to have a great relationship with my Bio mom, Sister and cousins galore. I have several brothers and sisters (foster and adopted). I don't talk to some of those though because they turned around and basically crapped all over my Mama after my daddy died.

My Sister (E) and My eldest (favorite) brother (D) spread lies and hate all over my family. E sicced her New Mother In Law on Mama during church one Sunday and that woman cussed my mama IN CHURCH! So until they come clean and ask for Mama's forgiveness I am not speaking to them as it causes too much heartache. I forgave them long ago but it hurts to hear the lies they spread.

I lost my Daddy when I was 18, two weeks after I graduated Highschool. He had been battling severe depression for 5 years. Medicines did not help in fact they made it worse. You see he had gotten a very bad electric shock at work and it messed something up in his mind. That and his deteriorating health made him get laid off of work. He was not used to not working and that again made his depression worse. He tried twice to commit suicide and we got him to stop but one morning we found him gone. Not once did he ever lose his faith in God but he was in constant pain and was suffering thinking he was not contributing to helpin the household run. I firmly believe God allowed him to set himself free of his pain. I know alot of Christians believe suicide is wrong but I think God makes the final decisions. He alone knows what is in our hearts.

I went back to work 2 weeks after my father passed and was talking to a friend I had made there. She turned around and told me my daddy was burning in Hell for what he did. I forgave her for what she said but my heart still aches to this day for her words to me so soon after his passing. :cry:

Well that is pretty much my story and I'll be sure to come back and visit.

Last edited:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I don't currently have a TV but I did used to watch Charles Stanley and another preacher (forgot his name :facepalm:) Nor do I attend a local church. All of the ones I know of around here are different than what I'm used to and I don't feel like I belong, if you know what I mean. I only worship at home or when I visit my mom, I love her church. :)

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
    Hi. I actually joined the forum in Jan of 2017 I believe. But I wasn’t here long.
    I have decided to try to quit smoking again. Much more serious about it this time. It’s good to be. I became a follower of Christ about 3-1/2 years ago. Not until recently did part of the reason I want to quit actually have to do with Him. I don’t believe it is “sin” necessarily. But I’m pretty sure the Lord would prefer we were smoke free. I’m glad to be in a judgment free place where we can discuss our issues and support one another.

• Agree
    Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Hey @Billy B you and I were saved about the same time then!

I agree with you... and you will make it..

When I quit smoking I was reminded of what God said, that He won't give us any thing we can't handle so if He asks us to quit smoking He will provide the way to make it possible.

It's a road to quit, and then quit vaping.. but you can do it..

The Bible says who the Son sets free is free indeed - that means free from addiction too... He will help you.

Reactions: Billy B

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
    Hey @Billy B you and I were saved about the same time then!

I agree with you... and you will make it..

When I quit smoking I was reminded of what God said, that He won't give us any thing we can't handle so if He asks us to quit smoking He will provide the way to make it possible.

It's a road to quit, and then quit vaping.. but you can do it..

The Bible says who the Son sets free is free indeed - that means free from addiction too... He will help you.

Amen. It is amazing how diffently you look at things after you are saved. Everything I do in life now (at least I try) takes into consideration our magnificent Lord. Oh how different life is.
    When I think back to the life I used to live...and I’m talking about things way worse than smoking....it only solidifies in my mind just how gracious God is. He forgives us of everything. Not only can I not live without Him any more, I want to live for Him, to glorify Him. And for me I believe the spirit has been nudging me for some time that smoking is sin for me. Certainly not unforgivable but no longer profitable (as if it ever was in reality).

I pray for anyone who is in the clutches of any addiction, that God have mercy on them and help them.
    I refuse to be a legalistic, judgmental, hypocritical “Christian”. There are too many out there sadly. That gives as bad a testimony as any Smoking, drinking, whatever ever has in my book.

• Agree

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Amen. It is amazing how diffently you look at things after you are saved. Everything I do in life now (at least I try) takes into consideration our magnificent Lord. Oh how different life is.
    When I think back to the life I used to live...and I’m talking about things way worse than smoking....it only solidifies in my mind just how gracious God is. He forgives us of everything. Not only can I not live without Him any more, I want to live for Him, to glorify Him. And for me I believe the spirit has been nudging me for some time that smoking is sin for me. Certainly not unforgivable but no longer profitable (as if it ever was in reality).

I pray for anyone who is in the clutches of any addiction, that God have mercy on them and help them.
    I refuse to be a legalistic, judgmental, hypocritical “Christian”. There are too many out there sadly. That gives as bad a testimony as any Smoking, drinking, whatever ever has in my book.

I love the God I met.. He's awesome.. but I do think I'm a poor Christian.. I worry so much about not being what I was, that I have a hard time knowing how to be Christian.. I'm just trying to grow in my relationship with Christ.. I was only just baptized on Easter this year..

Working on all that though.. I agree with you about the legalism aspect.. that is not what God is about, it's the spirit of the law not the letter..

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
    I love the God I met.. He's awesome.. but I do think I'm a poor Christian.. I worry so much about not being what I was, that I have a hard time knowing how to be Christian.. I'm just trying to grow in my relationship with Christ.. I was only just baptized on Easter this year..

Working on all that though.. I agree with you about the legalism aspect.. that is not what God is about, it's the spirit of the law not the letter..

I agree our God is awesome! Do not think you are a poor Christian though! Man believe me, the thoughts I have. I have to continually ask for forgiveness and mercy. It is a journey. Congratulations on your baptism!! I was about a year ago. It’s really been since then that I know the spirit has been working on me in many areas. I know I will never be perfect. Not in this life at least. But like you said, always trying to GROW in our walk with Christ. I know I need Him to get through quitting smoking. I am relying on His strength because I know that I am just a weak sinner.

If you ever want to ask me any questions about the Christian walk, private message me. Anytime.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I agree our God is awesome! Do not think you are a poor Christian though! Man believe me, the thoughts I have. I have to continually ask for forgiveness and mercy. It is a journey. Congratulations on your baptism!! I was about a year ago. It’s really been since then that I know the spirit has been working on me in many areas. I know I will never be perfect. Not in this life at least. But like you said, always trying to GROW in our walk with Christ. I know I need Him to get through quitting smoking. I am relying on His strength because I know that I am just a weak sinner.

If you ever want to ask me any questions about the Christian walk, private message me. Anytime.

My husband is Christian so he has been helpful and I've just joined a church as a member so i have a decent support system here.. but I'll keep your offer in mind for sure..

Thanks for the congratulations.. :)

Anyway.. If you need advice on quitting everyone here is great and very helpful, myself included..

I would suggest sticky notes with Bible verses.. I found that real helpful for quitting..

Welcome to the forums.. your not alone. :thumbs:

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
    My husband is Christian so he has been helpful and I've just joined a church as a member so i have a decent support system here.. but I'll keep your offer in mind for sure..

Thanks for the congratulations.. :)

Anyway.. If you need advice on quitting everyone here is great and very helpful, myself included..

I would suggest sticky notes with Bible verses.. I found that real helpful for quitting..

Welcome to the forums.. your not alone. :thumbs:

Support is great. I’m glad you have that. I do too so we’re fortunate. It’s funny, I work in the construction industry and in a meeting last quarter, I was bored I suppose and quitting smoking had been on my mind. So I’m looking around the table...there were 15-20 guys in there and I was the ONLY smoker. Only one. Construction industry. Now that ought to tell you just how far down smoking has gone in recent years. Back in the day we hung out after work for HOURS “letting the traffic pass” which really meant drinking beer, smoking, shooting the bull. So that was an offhand eye opener for me.

I really know that being baptized does bring a change. I think even though we’re already saved it’s at that point we’re saying, OK God, here I am. I no longer resist you, please show me how you want me to be. So it is a very big deal to me! And it’s great your husband is of the same faith. I know some couples who one is a believer and one isn’t or they believe different things. Make things hard sometimes. And I’m glad you found a church you enjoy.

My pastor and his wife are both ex smokers so I have all the encouragement I need in my home, church, at work, God. It’s hard enough with all that, can’t imagine going it alone!

And yes everyone here is very helpful. I’m grateful for those who came first to help newbies like me find our way. So thanks!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Support is great. I’m glad you have that. I do too so we’re fortunate. It’s funny, I work in the construction industry and in a meeting last quarter, I was bored I suppose and quitting smoking had been on my mind. So I’m looking around the table...there were 15-20 guys in there and I was the ONLY smoker. Only one. Construction industry. Now that ought to tell you just how far down smoking has gone in recent years. Back in the day we hung out after work for HOURS “letting the traffic pass” which really meant drinking beer, smoking, shooting the bull. So that was an offhand eye opener for me.

I really know that being baptized does bring a change. I think even though we’re already saved it’s at that point we’re saying, OK God, here I am. I no longer resist you, please show me how you want me to be. So it is a very big deal to me! And it’s great your husband is of the same faith. I know some couples who one is a believer and one isn’t or they believe different things. Make things hard sometimes. And I’m glad you found a church you enjoy.

My pastor and his wife are both ex smokers so I have all the encouragement I need in my home, church, at work, God. It’s hard enough with all that, can’t imagine going it alone!

And yes everyone here is very helpful. I’m grateful for those who came first to help newbies like me find our way. So thanks!

My husband and I have only been married 5-1/2 years, so while we were not the same faith when we got married (we had certain agreements in place about religion when we married) it didn't last long that way... lol.. God had a plan.

You really understand about being baptized - that's exactly what its like.. not that I was resistant so much, but more that I was terrified to tell people who I am.. I can fit in here real well, and no one can look at me and see I don't fit in/that I'm not one of them..

But if I tell people my life? That's a different story and I was super scared they would hate me or not trust me..

Long story I guess.. lol..

But I just felt like all this weight was gone when I just did it, explained it all to the Pastor.. now I belong and it's okay.

I agree the world has changed where concerns smoking... but that never usually bothered us before. . Lol.

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
    My husband and I have only been married 5-1/2 years, so while we were not the same faith when we got married (we had certain agreements in place about religion when we married) it didn't last long that way... lol.. God had a plan.

You really understand about being baptized - that's exactly what its like.. not that I was resistant so much, but more that I was terrified to tell people who I am.. I can fit in here real well, and no one can look at me and see I don't fit in/that I'm not one of them..

But if I tell people my life? That's a different story and I was super scared they would hate me or not trust me..

Long story I guess.. lol..

But I just felt like all this weight was gone when I just did it, explained it all to the Pastor.. now I belong and it's okay.

I agree the world has changed where concerns smoking... but that never usually bothered us before. . Lol.

It’s a great thing. I used to worry about what other “veteran” members in the church thought but no more. We are all saved by the same grace. God views all sin the same. So if someone wants to come to church and be all judgmental I guess that’s their problem, and they would be the one not following Jesus.
    As for the hypocrites...why do they all say “Come as You Are” but after you come expect you to completely change to be what THEY think a Christian is?
    For me, I’m just working on one thing at a time. I don’t believe God loves me any more or less whether I smoke or not. I’m not even sure I’d say smoking is sin. I don’t think it glorifies Him though, for me.
    I think God talks to us each in His own way, on His time and the Spirit convicts us of what we should try to work on. On the same, God will not ask us to do the impossible or leave us or forsake us - He will help us, all we need do is ask Him

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
    Just to follow up on that...it’s interesting to me about how God seems to be viewed these days. It’s sad to me.
    But I have been to some AA meetings. There may not be a Christian in the whole place, but there is to be belief in a higher power. And the Lord’s Prayer is recited at every meeting. When it’s all laid on the line, in desperation, with absolutely no where else to turn, then even an atheist may turn to God.
    I think that’s a good thing. Just find it interesting. I wish all would come to Christ. Many sure do when there’s nothing else to hold onto, that’s what sad. But better late than never. And having seen too much of it I truly pray for those who are lost or battling addictions.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread