Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Same problem with the nicotine free carts I tried with the Smuky. No headache from the VG-based BLU disposables - cough instead!

You're welcome. It's a fine balance for some between VG, PG and Nicotine. Some report lung issues with 100% VG juice so maybe a 50/ 50 blend would be okay.

2. Purchased two disposable BLU ecigs (mainly because they were easy to find and they are VG instead.)

This time, no headache. The flavour of the menthol one was OK, but the tobacco flavour was nasty. I also found that the vapor seemed to catch in my throat and make me cough.

Unfortunately, getting used to the vapor and throat hit is something we all have had to go through. For me, that only last a few days, then it became smooth and extremely enjoyable.
My advice, would be to experiment with different e-cigs and see which one works best for you as well as flavor.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I would also add vaping alone is very dehydrating. Add caffeine (java or soda drinks) and it's becomes extreme dehydration.
PG and VG are humectants...
A humectant is a substance used primarily in foods and cosmetic products to help retain moisture. These substances are called hygroscopic, which means that they are able to absorb ambient water. These hygroscopic compounds posses a chemical structure that attracts water from the atmosphere and binds it to various sites along the molecule.

When we inhale PG/ VG it "traps" the moisture in our mouth, throat and nasal area and thus the vapor. The real problem arises when the body is dehydrated and begins "stealing" moisture from other parts of the body to keep key organs hydrated. Add to that more than 3 cups of java or caffeine based soda drinks and severe dehydration can occur.
I had a convert that didn't believe vaping was dehydrating. I showed him his fingernails- there were vertical rails on them. Told him this was a sign of serious dehydration. His Dr. agreed. He began drinking water/ hydrating and within a couple of months his fingernails returned to normal...he's now a believer. Ask any chemist and they will tell you the same. I drink 3+ liters of water and no more than 3 cups Java per day.

brittany29

Oct 31, 2013
miami
www.vaporlovers.com They have unique italian flavors and good shipping costs and they offer other various e-liquids, they take time in there product I believe the bigger companies loose focus on taste and quality and concentrate on quantity, maybe giving a smaller company a shot would help you out for a change then decide what you really wanna do. plus like I said good shipping..im cheap haha. hope this helps ya out :)

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
I know how you feel. At first, I too looked for something to replicate cigarettes and failed every time. My most recent venture I completely scrapped that idea and wanted something that just tasted good. I found out that this time around, I don't even use juice that tastes like tobacco at all..

As far as the fact that you don't want to mess with juice and parts etc.. Using an ego type battery and a clearo is actually much easier and less fiddling around than using the smaller cigalikes. I started with an 1100mah battery and one clearo that held 3ml of juice. That would last me the entire day from the moment I woke up until I went to bed. Every night, I would fill up the tank and charge my battery. When I woke up in the morning, grab it and go. I didn't have to worry about changing cartridges, batteries or any of that nonsense. 1 battery and 1 tank that would last me the day

I found that the more you need to fiddle and think about it, the more you thought about cigarettes. Like many others have already stated, getting good hardware isn't the challenge, it's finding the right juice that you like and can handle. I spent a ton of cash trying different juices and ended up with 100% VG with 12mg nicotine. And I was a pack and half smoker. I am allergic to PG and higher nicotine content was harsh on my throat.. It's weird because I smoked full flavor menthol cigarettes... Everyone is different when it comes to juice preference, nicotine levels, etc.

Good luck on your journey. At the end of the day, remember anything is better than smoking a cigarette..

btportugal

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
UK
Thank you for all the replies.

I'm coming round to the idea of something less cigarette-like!

I'm going to the UK in December, and have discovered that there's a brick and mortar store where I'm going.

Rather than risking spending €60+ on another starter kit from a website, only to find I don't get on with it, I'm thinking of popping in and getting one of these Tornado Tank Compact Kit - Kits - E-Cigarettes - Welcome to The Vapour Trail

Is this the kind of thing the veterans here would recommend?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Only 1 battery and TW is known to charge a little more. Also a HUGE negative is the cartridge+ atomizer system. Very outdated and has leakage issues. Google "leaking eGo-C" and you'll get a lot of hits. Battery is an eGo style.
Seeing as your going to the U.K. here's a list of reputable UK Vendors with discount codes. Note at the top of page a link to B&M shops:
http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboar...quid-vendors-discount-codes?page=1&scrollTo=2

Thank you for all the replies.

I'm coming round to the idea of something less cigarette-like!

I'm going to the UK in December, and have discovered that there's a brick and mortar store where I'm going.

Rather than risking spending €60+ on another starter kit from a website, only to find I don't get on with it, I'm thinking of popping in and getting one of these Tornado Tank Compact Kit - Kits - E-Cigarettes - Welcome to The Vapour Trail

Is this the kind of thing the veterans here would recommend?

btportugal

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
UK
Google "leaking eGo-C" and you'll get a lot of hits.

I did as suggested. Within a few posts I'm reading stuff like "Get some boge low resistance 510 connection cartomizers in 2.0 ohm and never look back" I feel like I'm coming full circle and arriving back at why I begun by saying I don't want to mess with liquids and parts!

I'm an IT consultant and some of that is complicated but it feels like you need a degree in engineering to understand half this ecig stuff!

I do like the fact that ecigs are unregulated as I'd hate to see the industry taken over by big companies (as one day it inevitably will be), but I wish it were possible to just buy a premium quality "off the shelf" product, even if it were at a premium price. I did wonder if Green Smoke fitted the bill, but nobody seems to recommend it, leading me to think all the positive stuff about the brand online is posted by affiliates!

My head hurts!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I did as suggested. Within a few posts I'm reading stuff like "Get some boge low resistance 510 connection cartomizers in 2.0 ohm and never look back" I feel like I'm coming full circle and arriving back at why I begun by saying I don't want to mess with liquids and parts!
The cartridge+ atomizer system was the very first "tank" system- so outdated it shouldn't be sold any more IMO. Cartos were next. Next tanks were added to the cartomizer. Next were clearomizers.

Different delivery systems:- note bolded Atty, Carto, etc is the abbreviated form

Atomizer/ Atty- an element on to which 3-4 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean. There are some diehard Atty users because it’s the best vape possible but very time consuming.

Cartridge/ Cart- a container with sponge (filled with juice) that is used with the Atty- juice drips on to Atty from filled cart and is vaporized- older outdated first “tank” system and prone to leaks unless the user is willing to buy extra seals and “fiddle” with them.

Cartomizer/ Carto- metal tube with stuffing and element. Holds anywhere form 1- 4 ml of juice. Carto is fully saturated and must be occasionally refilled when juice runs out. My Cartos last 1-2 weeks. Best Cartomizer I’ve found is the Smok Tech XL 1.7 single coil. Boge 2.0 ohm cartos will give a cooler vape. Always use single coil cartos with 3.3- 3.7 PVs for the best vape.

Carto+Tank- a Carto with a hole punched in it. Carto is than placed in a glass, metal or plastic tank which is filled with juice- juice saturates Carto by way of hole in Carto. My Cartos with a tank last, before tight draw occurs: light juices- 80-90 ml. dark juices- 50-60 ml.

Clearomizer/ Clearo: - a plastic, glass or metal tank with a wick and element. Contains NO stuffing. The rebuildable clearos come with heads (coil+ wick) that can be cheaply and easily replaced. When the head burns out simply unscrew the old head out and screw in new head- takes 10 secs.

Clearos are prolly the easiest way to go. Tanks that fit on the eGo style PVs hold 1.6 ml juice. Just unscrew the drip tip, squeeze in some juice, screw drip tip back on, swirl and vape. Can also see exactly how much juice you have left.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I did wonder if Green Smoke fitted the bill, but nobody seems to recommend it, leading me to think all the positive stuff about the brand online is posted by affiliates!
A resounding YES. Retired from construction (still work online in a completely diff career). Clients would always want a particular stain that they'd see on TV, in magazines, newspapers, etc. I would plead with them to go with my fave choice and occasionally they'd choose the popular heavily marketed stain. I'd have them sign a waiver and sure enuff 2 yrs later they'd be calling me up crying the blues cuz the stain "they had chosen was failing".
Generally if a Vendor is not listed here at ECF there's a reason...usually they know they couldn't compete with superior less expensive brands.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thank you. I need a store in Brighton as that's where I'm staying and I won't have transport. How about this one:

eRoll Kit - Kits - E-Cigarettes - Welcome to The Vapour Trail

It's great of you're light smoker- Battery is 90 mah but comes with a charging case. Cartridges only hold .4- .6 ml. Accessories are proprietary. I don't reco this one unless someone smokes 5 or less analogs per day.
Here's another Vendor in Brighton:
http://www.thevapingvault.co.uk/

vapingvault@hotmail.com
Facebook .. vapingvault
Shop Opening Times ...
Monday .. 9.30 am .. 4.30 pm
Tuesday .. 10.00 am .. 5.00 pm
Wednesday .. 10.30 .. 6.00 pm
Thursday .. 10.00 am .. 5.00 pm
Friday .. 10.00 am .. 5.00 pm
Saturday .. 10.00 am .. 2.00 pm
Sunday .. CLOSED

The Vaping Vault
42 Baker St
Brighton
BN14JN

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
I will add that if you can buy Blu cartridges locally you could just get a decent ego battery and use it instead of the cigalike battery.
It will be more expensive than buying juice and doing it yourself but still cheaper than cigarettes.

Just a thought. That way you can quit smoking asap while you ease your way in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread