New member with a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of hi i'm from Dorset in the uk and new to e-smoking, I was given a seller link by a freind to look at and ended up buying one from a uk company called smartsmoker.co.uk
At first it was very good and smoked well but after about a week the smoke seems alot less and I have noticed the cartridges don't seem to last all that long also the batteries seem to last no time at all, has anyone else had problems with this model? or could it just be that I have a bad atomizer?
So after much searching I have found one called a "V2 Super mini" on ebay (I would post links but can't till i hit more posts) and I am thinking of ordering it, does anyone have one? Whats it like?
Failing that can anyone recomend an E-cig that Has a reasonable battery life, wont use cartridges at an astonishing rate, Is about the same size and color as a normal cig.

Sorry for all the questions on my first post I only wish I had found this site sooner.

Regards
Richie

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
First of hi i'm from Dorset in the uk and new to e-smoking, I was given a seller link by a freind to look at and ended up buying one from a uk company called smartsmoker.co.uk
At first it was very good and smoked well but after about a week the smoke seems alot less and I have noticed the cartridges don't seem to last all that long also the batteries seem to last no time at all, has anyone else had problems with this model? or could it just be that I have a bad atomizer?
So after much searching I have found one called a "V2 Super mini" on ebay (I would post links but can't till i hit more posts) and I am thinking of ordering it, does anyone have one? Whats it like?
Failing that can anyone recomend an E-cig that Has a reasonable battery life, wont use cartridges at an astonishing rate, Is about the same size and color as a normal cig.

Sorry for all the questions on my first post I only wish I had found this site sooner.

Regards
Richie
I would try looking into buying the pen style version as the batteries and cartridges will last you a lot longer or you could go for the mini cigarette which is also called 901 which this one seems to be the most used and liked.
A supermini which I think that's what you properly have already and version 2 I think it's pretty much the same. Cartridges don't last long in these versions but people like the real cigarette look.
I personally have been through all these and now use pen style versions.
One of our finest suppliers we have in the UK is e-cigs.co.uk.
Your atomiser doesn't sound that healthy I would contact the company you bought it off and see if they will replace it.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Hi Richie, welcome to the world of ecigs. These things are very unreliable, expect to have to buy spares and replacements. There seems to be two ways to go: 1. Buy an expensive ecig from a brand name with a long guarantee - in which case you'll be sending parts back and forth indefinately while waiting for your fix. Or 2. Buy a cheap generic ecig plus spare parts from a good supplier with a 30 day guarantee. It'll break down too but you'll have spares as backups while you wait for the post.

Janty and Sedansa seem to be popular for the long guarantee, expensive version. Buy from Smokester (Electronic Cigarette | Free Yourself... | e-cigs Welcome) or Pillbox for the cheap and cheerful generic ecig. The DSE901 mini is just a bit bigger than an ordinary cig and is frequently recommended on this forum.

Good luck.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
the problem is,the smaller they are,the worse their cartridge and battery life is...if you really want a longer lasting battery and cartridge,then get a pen style.

if you want a smaller,more cigarette looking ecig,then get a DSE901 mini from Smokster-he's in the suppliers forum,and he's the best supplier i can find in the UK,and i can vouch for his products and services,and so do many others on the forum-and if you mention you are a member of this forum,you get 10 extra free carts.
Electronic Cigarette | Free Yourself... | e-cigs Welcome

pillbox38 on ebay is also a good supplier-i wouldnt buy from anyone else in the UK but those 2 suppliers.

im not sure what ecig you had before-but the DSE901 is as good a mini ecig as you can get mate,its the best mini there is,IMO.
and its a great compromise between supermini and penstyle...forget about superminis-they are far too small to be any good regarding longevity...dont waste your time and money.
get a white DSE901 to start,its cheaper than black and smokes great.and most important-GET SPARE ATOMISERS AND SPARE BATTERIES...because they WILL breakdown,and it could be at any time.

by the way,no cart lasts as long as a pack of cigs,like a lot of suppliers say,thats misleading-a mini llike that lasts about 5-6 cigs worth,a pen maybe 10 or so,and a supermini about 3...

anyway,thats all you need to know really.PM smokster if you have any questions-hes a forum member,and a nice bloke.happy esmoking mate.:)

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
hi richie, dont have the one you ordered so i cant comment on it. you might like to check out this guide on minis if you are in the market for one that looks like a real cigarette
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-discussion/1000-truth-mini-e-cigarettes.html
me i use a generic penstyle at the moment cause i appreciate the longevity of the battery and also the amount of liquid in the carts. alot of the minis hold little and you could go through 3-5 a day. with a penstyle i go through 1-2...i was on 20 realers/day.
i also dont mind that it doesnt look like a real cig.

no e-cigs are 100% reliable and you will find yourself buying extra atomizers/batteries as needed. the life of these items is in part the responsibilty of the user..you should look after your device..keep it in a nice pouch away from other eletronic equipment is the advice in many manuals. treat the battery tenderly..clean out the atomizers.

personally i have found cycling my 3 atomizers and 3 batteries use is a good means of keeping them in order. all still work after aprox 1 month. i bathe them in hot water once a week, then suck water through the atzrs. finally i dry them with a hair-dryer, let them sit on their ends for a little, insert a battery and suck through them about 3-5 times so the heated atomizers removes any water. then prime them by dropping a little e-juice directly onto the steel wool down there. let it soak in for a minute, insert a cart and away you go. it sounds like a lot of work but you get used to the routine. currently we are all waiting for the holy grail of e-cigs...one with a disposable atomizer/cartridge, tastes good but is as cheap as any of the generics out there. a few contenders so far. no winners.

alot of people use one model called a dse901 and there are many here that sell them on the forum. i would choose one of these sellers over ebay. with anything sold on ebay, the seller has to jack his prices to account for the slice that both ebay and paypal take even though they are the same company..also you will find many of the sellers here will offer you a bonus/discount if you mention your forum name

peace

Last edited:
I just thought I would check to see if anyone had replyed and WOW 10 people in no time LOL, active forum then? and people from all over the world aswell which is very nice to see.
Thanks for all the fast replys and after checking out that mini cig link I can confirm the one I have is the DSE101(must have a trick atomiser so orderd 2 new ones) and the one I am looking at getting is the DSE103 (its the same company lol) unless anyone advises me otherwise.
I am also going to look at getting a penstyle one for when I am at home any recomendations on model?

again thanks to everyone for all the swift and honest replys.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I just thought I would check to see if anyone had replyed and WOW 10 people in no time LOL, active forum then? and people from all over the world aswell which is very nice to see.
Thanks for all the fast replys and after checking out that mini cig link I can confirm the one I have is the DSE101(must have a trick atomiser so orderd 2 new ones) and the one I am looking at getting is the DSE103 (its the same company lol) unless anyone advises me otherwise.
I am also going to look at getting a penstyle one for when I am at home any recomendations on model?

again thanks to everyone for all the swift and honest replys.
I have a 103 it's pretty much the same as what you've got . the cartridges can be harder to get and also sometimes from certain suppliers are more expensive.
To use the most common cartridges like the ones you currently use. What you would have to do is change the atomiser and you will properly find the one that you already have will fit the battery you have.
The difference on the 103 version 2 is that the cartridge is fitted right into the tip rather than fits into the atomiser itself so really that's the difference which isn't a lot . they both smoke the same they both use the same amount of cartridges and battery life the same.

Pen styles can vary in quality of smoking. Generics are the cheapest option around £30 which are good little workhorses we have two of these which after two weeks are still going strong these from e-cigs .co.uk.
Then you have your top brands which we have sedansa and the Janty which we have found to be the best out of the main brands but this is our own personal opinion these are normally easier to draw on.

But I think everybody would agree with me that your best bet would be to go for the 901
as your smaller cigarette and then for your pen style the choice is yours.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
loongtotem lol- just thought I'd throw that in lol- I won't go into much detail here- but just say it's another option- htere are several reviews you might wanna check out- but briefly, it's small like a real cigg- gives lots of vapor, but no, the battery life isn't the greatest- it's got a few shortcomings, but in my opinion is a very good vapor producer and the carts last a long time- it's expensive htough, about $200 or so to get set up, but if you're goign for soemthign in the $70 or 100 range, the mini 901 is probably the best accordign ot reviews

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
:oops:;) you also have to pray hard ..when ordering
depsite headach choosing which model.

for my case , I own one set 103 V2 and one set 901 .

penstyle my dad used and he don;t like it maybe e cig is not use for him and don;t know where he throw where8-onvm ...

okie , since I order one set of 103 v2 and one set of 901
I also order one extra atomiser each for each set.

now , why I mention u have to pray hard
because I noticed the atomiser qualithy is not fix here some perform good some perform bad , even u sent back the under performing atomiser to the supplier , is also kinda waste ur time so I noticed many like to straight away order new atomiser instead.

okie , here is what I know according to my supplier .

atomiser are almost handmade here .so there is not 100 percent that the atomiser will work very perfect here.some produce good vapour and easy to draw , whereas some u have to draw hard in order to produce good vapour.just like my case here , for 103 v2 and 901 ,I noticed one set of each this model I own , one atomiser seem easy to draw and produce good vapour whereas another one seem hard to draw and produce less vapour.

for my case I don;t plan to ship back to my supplier even he willing to chanage new ones.
is kinda waste of time and money here.

presently I just e smoke whatever I can till this stuff really cannot produce any vapour at all.

next I still smoke some real cig but is cut down due to e smoke .;)

overall each model got their pro and cos here.
v2 look like real cig cos is shorter..but u will suprised..once u load with new cart and battery
the vapour is quite decent and alot.

whereas 901 , abit longer for me I don;t feel like real cig .cos of it length.
but that why it last longer , the battery .next the cart is more lasting abit than v2 as u can still can get some puffs more .whereas v2 at most 2o puffs or so ..u will noticed vapour is not much and have to draw hard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread