Status
Not open for further replies.

Wichy?itchy

Aug 25, 2016
Hi. Not sure what I'm doing but I hope its right. I'm kinda new to vaping. I did the e-cig sticks for a year. An then a friend introduced me to the ijust2 !!!boy what a difference. But having trouble, it wants to go on an off at will.. I've read posts about that but now it seems that I'm using twice as much juice as compared to when it ran good. Has any one had this happen? Also I like the cloud, taste, could anyone recommend another kind. Need to get another one but have no idea. I would like to be able to control the cloud and juice usage if possible. Thank you for reading an responding. Have a fantastic day!!!!!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi!
I do enjoy the performance of the iJust2 but in general they fall down with the lack of adjustability and the disposable nature.
It vapes at 59 watts (which is unnecessarily high given that e-liquid is going to be gold dust soon enough) but you can create that power with any 75/100/200 watt box mod.
I use a 75w mini evic out and about and a Sigelei 213 at home for the battery life. I don't use TC on that mod; it's reputed to not even work.
Basically I vape at lowish power but use higher nicotine liquid to get a decent hit.
12mg at 12-14w or 6mg for 20-30 watts.
It's not masculine to reject clouds but all the folks showing off vaping 1.5mg at 120 watts are going to look pretty vain when the regs hit. That's less than 90 days away for 72,000,000 Europeans.
(sorry, I'm cross about it...)
Try the comparable eleaf tank to the ijust tank and maybe a nice Quality mod, maybe the Pico or something from Joyetech, Aspire or Sigelei ( but probably not the 213?!?) :)

Reactions: Baditude

penstyle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2009
FL
Get an adjustable wattage mod. Internal battery is fine but most will say to get a mod that uses a 18650 battery which is the way to go but you will need a couple good batteries and a good charger, IMO. Next I would look at a Kanger Sub Tank Mini with an RBA deck and start making your own coils. You could build sub ohm coils that will chuck clouds and go through juice or you could build a 1.2 ohm coil that will taste good and conserve juice. You could do the above while using Kangers pre built coils for a while till you get good at building your coils and wicking.

FYI. If by going on and off you mean it is firing the coil. This is a problem! Does it have a max vape time, such as it shuts off after 8 or 10 seconds of firing? I would at least take the topper off when not in use if this is the case.

What e cig stick do you have, is it like a vape pen or more of a disposable cig-a-like or you no longer have it?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to do non sub-ohm first You will get great flavor but the cloud production is not as intense as you can produce with sub ohm'g.
Could look into the pros and cons of sub ohm'g vs non sub ohm'g before you decide which way you want to go. Some folks jump right into sub ohm'g without looking at the hidden ramifications. Successful sub ohm'rs tend to know the ins and outs of vaping. That's why sub ohm'g is tag as advanced vaping.
Could read:
Beginner | Guide To Vaping
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Ch. 4 E Cig Battery Basics: Cig-a-Likes, Egos, and Mods – Vapex
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum
(4) Good Starter Setups for a Beginning Vapor | E-Cigarette Forum
I would like to be able to control the cloud and juice usage if possible.
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, may produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
Less likely to burn the wick (RDA's)
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping

In General
Lower Ohm Coils/Higher Wattage Vaping Will:
Heat The Coil Faster
Produce More Vapor, can mute taste (coat mouth/build up)
Drain The Battery Faster
Use E-Juice Faster
Produce A Warmer Tasting Vape
Shorten Coil Life
Shorten Wick Life
More PV Maintenance/Issues
More irritation to non vapers (tends create more negative comments regarding cloud production)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread