New Merlin RTA By Augvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
I stumbled across this rta online recently and it looks really promising. This is the upcoming Merlin rta by Augvape. Augvape has just released their Merlin Mini RTA which has become my favorite RTA. Many people didn't like the Merlin Mini due to it's 2ml juice capacity. This time, Augvape has made an RTA that caters for these users. There isn't much specs available on this RTA but I will post the specs I found:

This is their new design:
merlin.jpg

As you can see in the picture above, there might be 2 variants to choose from. I'm guessing maybe one will be a full mouth to lung and the other may be a direct lung hit RTA. I think this might be a step in the right direction because many people find that RTA's that do both, either don't have as much airflow as a direct lung vaper would want or it has too much airflow for a mouth to lung vaper. Having 2 separate variants makes it much better to suit a specific vaping style. Judging by the design of the chimney, you can almost tell that this is a flavor RTA. This RTA does look like it has a lot of potential.

Some specs on this RTA:
- 22mm Diameter
- 3.5ml Juice Capacity
- 40mm Tall without driptip
-47mm Tall with driptip
- Removable driptip
- Single coil deck
- Airflow adapter included
- Seep and leak free
*I will edit my post as soon as I find more information on this RTA.*

What are your thoughts on this RTA based on the design and some of the specs?

Last edited:

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Design looks nice but would be better if it is at least 24mm for the second one. Leak free is a pretty big claim for a bottom airflow rta. So far the only leak free rta I know is obs engine.
I think by leak free they mean the seeping which many users reported with the 4ml Merlin RTA which seeped at the base. They might have fixed that issue with this one.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
If it is double walled, it could be along the lines of the Uwell D1 clearomizer. Rip Trippers reviewed the D1 on youtube and wasn't a big fan of the design.
I'm not sure if it is doubled wall although in the pics it does look like it's doubled wall. I'm not sure why they would make it doubled wall. I haven't seen a doubled wall tank in ages.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Design looks nice but would be better if it is at least 24mm for the second one. Leak free is a pretty big claim for a bottom airflow rta. So far the only leak free rta I know is obs engine.
And the Wotofo Sapor, also a top airflow rta :) I really wish more top airflow rtas will be made in the future, preferably both dual and single coil designs.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: sahsah

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
How many ml tank would you have preferred?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
For me 5ml is my cutoff for a tank as that will get me through about half a day of vaping. I understand not everyone needs a huge tank but at the same time I don't want to refill 3+ times daily

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
I keep saying I am not buying any more tanks. Yet I still have one in the mail and just received the Ammit. It never ends, never ends! LOL
Haha yeah that's relatable. I've got the Merlin Mini's which perform excellent so I didn't get the Ammit. These new Merlin RTA'S are really screaming my name. Their domed shape chimney almost screams flavor!!! It really looks like it has a lot of potential. I'm looking forward to seeing the reviews on these.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
this seems just perfect for me, 40mm ideal height for my Xvostick, 22mm, single coil, 3.5ml is enough for me......buying it once it hits the streets :)
It will look great on your setup. 3.5ml is a good amount of juice capacity, much like the Serpent mini 25. Single this is a single coil setup the capacity is fine. This looks to be a flavor chasing RTA which is exactly what I want.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
For me 5ml is my cutoff for a tank as that will get me through about half a day of vaping. I understand not everyone needs a huge tank but at the same time I don't want to refill 3+ times daily

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk
These are single coil RTA'S so I get why it's 3.5ml. 5ml is quite a big capacity but I think most likely if they make the capacity bigger, the flavor won't be as good. We've known tanks like the moonshot and Serpent mini to be great in flavor so this might explain the capacity.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
22mm is too small a footprint for me. I would rather a 24mm or 25mm and a bit shorter. 3.5-4ml is fine with me. But if that is a double wall, I wonder if they have lost juice space/capacity doing that? Just make it a little shorter and a little wider.

It will be interesting to see what the deck configuration is and the purpose of the double wall (how it functions).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread