New Merlin RTA By Augvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
22mm is too small a footprint for me. I would rather a 24mm or 25mm and a bit shorter. 3.5-4mm is fine with me. But if that is a double wall, I wonder if they have lost juice space/capacity doing that? Just make it a little shorter and a little wider.

It will be interesting to see what the deck configuration is and the purpose of the double wall (how it functions).
That isn't a double wall. The picture just makes it look like that. Most newer mods now support 24mm and 25mm so I'm not sure why they chose a 22mm Diameter. Maybe this 22mm will cater for those mods that don't yet support 24mm.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It will give me a new tank to throw on something small like my Pico. Right now the only tanks I can use on it are my Merlin and Bellus. Be nice to have another choice. For my vaping on a single battery mod, 3.5 ml is OK. 2 ml is not, which is why my original Serpent mini hasn't seen daylight in quite a while.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
It will give me a new tank to throw on something small like my Pico. Right now the only tanks I can use on it are my Merlin and Bellus. Be nice to have another choice. For my vaping on a single battery mod, 3.5 ml is OK. 2 ml is not, which is why my original Serpent mini hasn't seen daylight in quite a while.
This RTA will be perfect for the Pico. I have a similar vaping style. I do around 40w on single coil RTA'S and get great battery life. I don't see the need to hit high wattage.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
That isn't a double wall. The picture just makes it look like that. Most newer mods now support 24mm and 25mm so I'm not sure why they chose a 22mm Diameter. Maybe this 22mm will cater for those mods that don't yet support 24mm.
There's definitely a market for 22mm tanks. The iStick Pico is a very popular mod and it can't take 24 or 25mm tanks. Also, for other more stealthy setups 22mm tanks are better. And variation. It would be a real shame if 25mm tanks were all that's available.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Did you order the Engine Mini? I have one on the way and have great hopes for it. I'd also recommend the Wotofo Sapor 22mm. A great tank.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Did you order the Engine Mini? I have one on the way and have great hopes for it. I'd also recommend the Wotofo Sapor 22mm. A great tank.

No, I already have 2 Engines, and with a recent move wasn't in the mood for hoping a FT package would be forwarded properly, and I couldn't find a US vendor with one in stock. I will say the Engine is my favorite tank right now, and I have both loaded up with my ADV juices.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If only the OBS engine had a single coil plug......it seems a single coil version is on the way, but only in the 25mm version.....

Really? Good news to me. I'm not a dual coil or nothing vaper. A single coil would be nice to use, but I would prefer that smaller than 25 mm. At this point, I'd really like to see more top airflow tanks coming out as it solves a multitude of sins, and I don't need some super air tunnel like amounts of flow to enjoy my vape.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
That isn't a double wall. The picture just makes it look like that.
OhmzRaw, not trying to disagree, but when you look at that rendering, it is not an error showing the dual glass wall. Look at the oring not going to the outer edge. I would think the illustrator did that intentionally to represent the dual glass. He rendered everything else perfectly, why would he mess up on the glass? As a designer and illustrator for the past 35 years, I just don't see this as an "oops". Just sayin'.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
OhmzRaw, not trying to disagree, but when you look at that rendering, it is not an error showing the dual glass wall. Look at the oring not going to the outer edge. I would think the illustrator did that intentionally to represent the dual glass. He rendered everything else perfectly, why would he mess up on the glass? As a designer and illustrator for the past 35 years, I just don't see this as an "oops". Just sayin'.

Another forum had a member who emailed/messaged Augvape/whoever, and they reported it is a rendering error. Besides, as it's not a top airflow build, a dual glass wouldn't make sense. It's not like whatever that other tank is (forgot the name) with the glass chamber/chimney to see your build.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
You are correct and I agree with you fully. I'm not sure why they made the pic like that. I know for sure they didn't have to make it look doubled wall. It could've definitely be rendered properly.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
I'm wondering if one of these (shown in the pic) is 22mm and the one on the right is a 24mm option? they are not the same size in height or width.

EDIT: No, guess not. They only list a new 22mm on their website.
They should of went this route. I think the DL tank could be 24mm and the MTL 22mm.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
You know, if you go to their website they show the 22mm as "01." and then the other one as "02." Like maybe January (01) and February (02) as if there might be 2 different versions coming out.
There will be 2 different versions available. Like the pic in the first post. I think one will be a DL and 1 will be MTL however both will include an airflow adapter like the previous Augvape products as far as I know (I stand to be corrected)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There will be 2 different versions available. Like the pic in the first post. I think one will be a DL and 1 will be MTL however both will include an airflow adapter like the previous Augvape products as far as I know (I stand to be corrected)

It will be interesting to see if they go that route. Not quite sure they will, but I guess a single coil and dual coil versions could be released, although generally it seems manufacturers have been going with swappable decks for that rather than two distinct versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
It will be interesting to see if they go that route. Not quite sure they will, but I guess a single coil and dual coil versions could be released, although generally it seems manufacturers have been going with swappable decks for that rather than two distinct versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The swappable deck option is good. It gives users the option to change out decks and its better than using adapters. I'm a fan of swappable deck RTA's. It would be nice if they do offer that option here and go the 24mm DL and 22mm MTL route. I'm curious to see their final product. At the moment, I don't think anything is confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread