Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The new IJOY EXO rta has swappable decks (single and dual) and an extender option for 2ml to 6ml tank size. Looks pretty sweet.

My one issue with that one is it's 26 mm. That will be OK on a few of my mods, but overhang on others, which my OCD will simply not allow to occur.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
My one issue with that one is it's 26 mm. That will be OK on a few of my mods, but overhang on others, which my OCD will simply not allow to occur.

I hear you Eski. I have 1 mod that it will work on. So, I'm just limited in what mod in my collection will work with it. One I know of for sure is the Fuchai 213. And possibly the Eleaf 200TC and the Minikin V2?

Reactions: MMW and Eskie

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015

I think the one on the right has the Augvape Boreas Styled airflow which everyone seemed to love. The one on the left seems to have a wide open airflow which might be more airy and appeal to the guys that love an airy tank. I think flavour will be better on the one on the right mainly because of the airflow style.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Just some clarification. Augvape has told me that the difference between the 2 is just the appearance. Both of them will include the airflow adapter like their previous Merlin's however, only one from these 2 will be released. The reason for this is because it's just the design that's different between the 2.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Just some clarification. Augvape has told me that the difference between the 2 is just the appearance. Both of them will include the airflow adapter like their previous Merlin's however, only one from these 2 will be released. The reason for this is because it's just the design that's different between the 2.

That was my understanding as well, not both to be released. I still like the dimples on the to cap even if it breaks the "clean line" look, but I'd really prefer the extra grip to avoid issues removing the cap for filling.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
That was my understanding as well, not both to be released. I still like the dimples on the to cap even if it breaks the "clean line" look, but I'd really prefer the extra grip to avoid issues removing the cap for filling.
Yes those dimples are great. They should definitely keep that in since all the other Merlin's have it and also because it provides the extra grip. I'm really liking the one with the Boreas style airflow. They just need to stick to the original drip tip.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Yes those dimples are great. They should definitely keep that in since all the other Merlin's have it and also because it provides the extra grip. I'm really liking the one with the Boreas style airflow. They just need to stick to the original drip tip.

FWIW, this RTA doesn't like like "Boreas" style airflow to me....Looks like old-school Kayfun style airflow, up through the center post.

Reactions: MMW

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
I usually do a ss316l 26g parallel 3.5id or a triple twisted 28g ss316l.

Right now I have this pig in and it's nice.
VVxz.jpg

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Whats my thoughts on this?

hmm, see my sig

Worst vape purchase i ever made. I bought an original one, with a long 510, got attacked by the forum mouthpiece for AugVape who then also tried to explain away the long 510 pin quoting that they were told by augVape that this was "in case anyone tried to put it on a hybrid"...they had no answer to why this "safety feature" only appeared after weeks of selling Merlins, nor why my friend who got one in the same shared order without this "safety feature", we're they happy for his to blow his face off if he bought pne and put it on a hybrid. Let alone to date ive never seen this "safety feature" mentioned anywehre inthe AugVape description on any vendors website. In other words, they lie people. Could have just answered my email, instead of sending a forum mouthpiece to create a lie on here...

Then theres the fact that AugVape NEVER bothered to even reply to my email about support....then theres them giving FastTech bull.... reasons to not accept an RMA on it and trying to screw me on a return.....

AugVape are a lying, dismissive bunch of douchecanoes and they will never get another cent from me, instead ill keep giving them free feedback via my sig and posts like this when they release stuff. Bunch of assclowns. Never thought anyone could do worse customer service than JoyeTech, meet AugVape...

Warnign, dont cross the AugVape forum mouthpiece if you get a bad one, youre only allowed to fanboy AugVape gear here...

Id rather give GeekVape my money, they get stuff right the first time...and their quality control ....s on AugVape

Dudeus Nordicus

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Some ways away from koala forests
22mm is too small a footprint for me. I would rather a 24mm or 25mm and a bit shorter.

Cool.

The planned Merlin 22 may not be ideal for you then, but luckily the shorter 24mm Merlin Mini already exists. ;)

Most mods released before 2016 and the wave of multibattery mods and multicoil atties aimed at 22mm largely based on the width of the single 18650 cell, including all my mech mods, VTC Mini and the iStick Picos.

The original 23mm Merlin looked like an excellent single-coil atty, if it hadn't been for the minor niggles of a 1/2mm overhang (on 22mm mods) and the potential issue with the press-fitting.

I don't know what to make of these Merlin 22 renderings though. Clean classic looks with a bell-shaped chamber that in my experience bodes well for flavour. An airflow adapter is included apparently? What about juice flow control?

It doesn't look like the merely slimmed down and stylized 22mm version of Merlin I was hoping for, but since I've decided to return to single-coil atties anyway I'm looking forward to seeing what they will come up with.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
The planned Merlin 22 may not be ideal for you then, but luckily the shorter 24mm Merlin Mini already exists. ;)

Yes, I have the Merlin Mini and love it...except the 2ml tank. Other than that it is a great little unit. Well built, great flavor. Nice!!

Reactions: OhmzRaw

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
And the Wotofo Sapor, also a top airflow rta :) I really wish more top airflow rtas will be made in the future, preferably both dual and single coil designs.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
Totally agree, my sapor rta (and rda for that matter) have not left my daily rotation since I got em...and that's not for lack of gear, since my collection is embarrassingly and unnecessarily extensive.

OhmzRaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2015
Totally agree, my sapor rta (and rda for that matter) have not left my daily rotation since I got em...and that's not for lack of gear, since my collection is embarrassingly and unnecessarily extensive.
The OBS Engine and Engine mini are top airflow dual tanks. OBS also has a single coil engine RTA which I think is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread